THE RMN SKILL EXCHANGE

Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
You may actually want to add ''needs sprites'' after my name. I really need someone to draw me a boogeyman haha ^^ So sprites for maps. Fair deal.
Red_Nova: He still didn't contact me though... :-I
author=riderx40

Sorry, my router had compatibility issues with windows 10, so haven't had internet access for few days. Got it sorted out now though! riderx40, can you PM me the details you have already done, to avoid conflict with new bits I write, then I'll write and PM you a WIP story for your preferences on edits before I write the final draft?

I'll send stories for the sprites I want - just basic tilesets for 2 Protagonists - when I send the WIP, then I might ask for another, depending how extensive the edits before final are. That sound good?
author=FrozenFayt
author=riderx40
Sorry, my router had compatibility issues with windows 10, so haven't had internet access for few days. Got it sorted out now though! riderx40, can you PM me the details you have already done, to avoid conflict with new bits I write, then I'll write and PM you a WIP story for your preferences on edits before I write the final draft?

I'll send stories for the sprites I want - just basic tilesets for 2 Protagonists - when I send the WIP, then I might ask for another, depending how extensive the edits before final are. That sound good?

Sounds great...kinda late to say that!
Red_Nova you should scratch me off the active list.i guess..?!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Done. Yay! We're getting some more exchanges!
What I can offer
-Eventing: From basic stuff to complex puzzle mechanics.
-Designing: There's a few things I can design relatively well, from character concepts, skillsets (though I can get stuck sometimes) and standard enemies. I can try bosses, but I haven't got much experience there.
-Tweaking: Modifying games is a thing I enjoy, so you can count on me not only playtesting what you have, but also give a qualitative assessment what needs to be changed and why I think it should.
What I need
-Mapping: I can't do maps at all. Many of my maps look bland and oversized.
-Spriting: I am fine with the animations and the characters, but the map needs new sprites. It's not about the artstyle as much as I want a tileset that lets me do more than generic RPG grasslands/caves.
-Looping: I can never get songs to loop properly, so I'd like to have someone to help me out with it when I plan on importing music.
Frogge
Complex puzzles? I'd be happy to do mapping for you for some puzzles, I can never design those well.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Is there a match here, or should I just add you two to the list?
anyone need procrastination?
Red_Nova
I'll get back to you on that.
Frogge
Yup we decided to do some

SKILL EXCHANGE
ESBY
extreme disappointment
I'm not on the list :( Still looking for a McWriter.
Red_Nova
Whoops. Sorry, ESBY! I missed you by accident. You're on the list now.

How are the current matchups coming along? Anyone else see anyone they want to exchange with yet?
Correction: The user making a skill exchange with me is not ExtremeDevelopment, but Frogge.
author=ESBY
I'm not on the list :( Still looking for a McWriter.

Still looking for a McWriter? I'd do some writing for you in return for some mapping. :)

Also, can you put me on the list as a Writer looking for character design sketches or mapping?
ESBY
extreme disappointment
Got any examples of your work?
author=ESBY

Yes, I can show you either plot/story or character dialogue or both. Message me or something and we can do an exchange :)
Let's add me! I am offering a choice from the following:

1) Story planning. I know you have a great idea. But preparation to write a draft takes a lot of work. Character sheets, world building, plotting; there’s a lot going on behind-the-scenes. I can help with some of that.

(Planning sample)
TAGLINE
“Can you ally with those you hate?”

STORY SUMMARY
Angered that a local empire has invaded on a pretext, the protagonist and his brother decide to join a rebellion which soon falters against a powerful general. The protagonist realizes there is a spy in his ranks, but the insulted comrades decide to exile the protagonist. The protagonist eventually learns that his brother was the traitor via confession, but decides to spare him; the empire’s invasion for resources was actually just another pretext by the general to find and awaken the fabled wyvern sleeping underneath the homeland in a quest for ultimate power. After a disillusioned empire soldier joins the party, they race the general back into the homeland, but the party is too late because the general has managed to awaken the wyvern; furthermore, the general manages to pin the blame on the protagonist by massacring his own squad. The party then goes around trying to convince everyone that the wyvern and traitor-general need to be stopped and even manage to gather an army on both sides, but the general tricks the armies into fighting each other by calling the wyvern’s existence a fiction. The party moves to encounter the general and even forces him to summon the wyvern in front of both armies for a final battle. Once both traitor-general and wyvern are dead, and with all armies witness to the truth, the party is redeemed and the empire is forced to vacate the homeland now that the original pretext for invasion is a proven lie.

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Votrun Wyvernblade
Race: Dwarf
Home: Imperial Mountains, located in the human Perrodon Empire
History: When Votrun was younger, the Mountains, as they were known back then, were still free. He was raised in proud dwarvish tradition and ended up becoming a miner like his parents. His brother of similar age went on to become a soldier. Most of his friends also went on to traditional jobs: crafting, mining, military. Unfortunately, the Perrodon Empire crafted a pretext for invasion through political intrigue and conquered the Mountains. With new control, the Empire found itself with a windfall of new resources, much to the resentment of the dwarves. For Votrun, he was outraged to find several friends dead and being obligated to use expedient, less effective, and messier methods of mining, which would be an insult to the dwarvish religion.
Allegiance: Dwarves; Votrun will appear discontent if working with the Empire
Religion: Worships the mountains. It is said that a god in ancient times, dying but desperate to save the dwarves, gave his life by solidifying his body to create the mountains and to imprison his enemy, the Wyvern.
Job: Miner
Skills (good/bad): Combat, labor / magic
Strength/Intellect/Wisdom/Empathy/Interaction, 5-scale: 4/3/2/3/2
Values: Loyalty to family and comrades. Always reflect Dwarvish prestige. Duty compels completion. Shun evil outside influences.
Ambition (wants most): To see the Imperial Mountains freed from the Empire
Motivation: The Perrodons have no right to humiliate the dwarves and steal the mountain’s resources, and they’re stepping up the efforts!
Likes/Dislikes: Gem-grading, beer-drinking after work, family gatherings / outsiders, watching the Empire patrol the mountains, laziness
Personality: A dwarf of few words, his actions speak for himself. Votrun keeps a level head on his shoulders, seeing through the propaganda and lies of the Perrodon Empire. As a result, Votrun is reluctant to trust outsiders; if the person is a Perrodon, he’s evil, no questions asked. His eyes are always on the road ahead. Even by dwarvish standards, Votrun can be narrow-minded
Change over Story: Votrun learns to become more trusting once push comes to shove.
Hobbies: Axe-crafting, wrestling

STORYBOARD
1) The story starts out deep in a massive mountain with Votrun about to charge into battle against patrolling Empire guards. A few friends and family think the Miner’s Rebellion unlikely to succeed and worry that it would only worsen conditions, but Votrun remains stubborn. The battle soon commences, and his friends are right; despite some initial success, the Rebellion soon finds that the Empire sends a large army to crush the resistance, lead by a famous and powerful General. Angered, Votrun decides to fight to the death, but only his brother’s words convince him to fall back and regroup; he even spares a soldier in order to retreat more quickly.

2) With the resistance defeated, the Empire has stepped up security and is now on the hunt for the dwarves participating in the Rebellion. Votrun now has to go into hiding. But the Empire begins interrogating friends and family, and if the answer isn’t satisfactory or leads to a dead end, begin executing dwarves until the truth shows up. Votrun tries to save his remaining friends and family, but the Empire somehow got wind and prepares a trap. Votrun’s father orders Votrun to save himself and find the traitor. His family, except his brother who is also in hiding, is soon executed.

3) Full of rage, Votrun returns to hiding and begins asking for help from his fellow comrades if they have information on the traitor. The other dwarves are annoyed that Votrun would suspect a dwarf and insist that the result must be some sort human trickery. Despite his pleas that the circumstance can only be a traitor, they offer Votrun two choices: recant or exile. It sucks, but Votrun is more determined to find a traitor. His brother decides to shed his own approval with the dwarves to accompany his brother.

2) Review and critique. Oh sure, you came up with a story. But is it any good? I am more than happy to provide an opinion, review for structure, and offer suggestions. Don’t march forward when your story is dragging its feet. Get a pair of fresh eyes and a (friendly) critical perspective!

(Review sample)

3) Song looping. It’s just one of those chores you need to get done. Don’t tell me you’re going to publish your game when the awesome final boss theme awkwardly fades out and loops back to the introduction!

(Looping sample)

In exchange, I have a slightly tricky RTP bust+faceset request.

I’m looking for an RTP-sized bust (takes up a 3x3 inch square) with a neutral expression in the RTP VX style to go along with the following sprite:

Basically, someone dressed from the 1700s and he needs to look like a pale, world-weary version of this:

I also need a faceset (in 1x1 inch squares) with the following emotions: neutral, neutral + eyes closed, irritated, screaming angry, surprised, smile/grin. While I believe that I can develop a faceset with just the bust, it would be a great help and timesaver to have that done for me.

If interested, please send me a PM for negotiation.
Dang, song looping is something I really hoped I could get help with - however, I can't really do the exchange since I'm a terrible spriter (but the task is open for anyone who needs me do a thing)
Red_Nova
author=PacifisticKiller
author=ESBY
Yes, I can show you either plot/story or character dialogue or both. Message me or something and we can do an exchange :)

So is this a thing that's happening? Let me know so I can put you on the other list.

the13thsecret, you're on the list. That's quite the resume! Hope you find someone fast.