[RMVX ACE] 3D GRAPHICS

Pages: 1
i have heard remors that 3d graphics is possible in vx ace. is there any games that feature that around? what file format is supported?
Look for H-Mode7, Lavy Meta Engine, GTBS and FPLE Explorer on RPG Maker VX Ace -- these are the closest things to 3D we have in the system. While not true 3D they emulate pretty well using a variety of different techniques with a variety of different results.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I hope you like doing an arbitrarily large amount of work.
i have no plans to include it in my own project. i was just wondering if you knew of any projects that included it.
I don't know of many but I do know of my own Lacrimosa... It's a mess though and I wouldn't ecommend playing it. xD
It's not even in English~
looks decent. i am a big fan of maze role-playing games ever since i played swords and serpents. you should include a map though to make it easier to navigate.(one that is shown at all times)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Breach - Awakening seems like a good title to throw down (except it was made in Tsuk3), as is The Stupidest Game Ever Re-Duh - Centurion Edition (except it made in RPG Maker 3D, if I read things correctly). I suppose there was an image on Diabolica's page that waffled on the whole "first-person view" idea.

There may be other instances I'm not aware of, but, these are the chief examples that come to my mind.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
There's an rpg maker in 3d?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Looking closer at the blog, it says "RPG Editor 3D" at the beginning, and later on says...

Now most of my projects was steered toward use with RPG Maker 3D because I love the look of the earlier RPGS that integrated 3D rendered graphics with 2d sprites and thought it would be a cool thing to make.

Ive used RM3D before but Ive never actually made a full game, only a few quick demos and stuff like that. The creation process is an entirely different beast than what is used in the rpg maker series.

TLDR Version:
TSRPGECE is my first full game and testing ground for RM3D as a development tool.

....this. The terms are probably referring to the same thing, given the Google results I'm getting for either "rpg editor 3d" or "rpg maker 3d".
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Using FPLE Diabolica is able to have a "first-person" perspective that is "more 3d" than what you usually see in RPG Maker games. But for a formal 3D engine? RPG Maker is not one of them! Game development engines such as Unity are more attuned to handling 3D graphics, textures, models, & etc. 3d in RPG Maker for the most part is a huge hassle that may not be worth your time!
Mirak
I'm still waiting for an rpg maker/game maker studio-like engine that allows you to simply import 3D models and drag and drop behaviors that let you build a simple game in 3D without programming knowledge.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Mirak
I'm still waiting for an rpg maker/game maker studio-like engine that allows you to simply import 3D models and drag and drop behaviors that let you build a simple game in 3D without programming knowledge.
You mean sorta like GG maker?

(Actually don't quote me I have no idea if it can do that.)

Regardless, you're asking for something which is virtually impossible, I think.
Mirak
I don't believe there are impossibles in the game making world in particular.
It's just a concept that hasn't been explored.

Whoever does is going to be rolling in cash.
Pages: 1