32%
Absolutely Not
25%
I'm on the Fence
41%

Pages: first 123 next last
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Based on the information currently released would you buy RPG Maker MV?
Want to see what the current community reaction to this program is.

Is the program offering enough features to entice you to upgrade?
Or is there not enough here to make you take a leap of faith.

unity
You're magical to me.
I won't buy it at first, as I still have plenty of projects in VX Ace to keep me going. I'll probably eventually get it, but I doubt I'll be one of the first to dive in.
I'm gonna go with "Absolutely Not" because at the moment I barely have the motivation to use VXA. Can't see myself wanting MV for any particular reason.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
There's a chance, but honestly I'll probably be moving back to Unity after my current project. Still, it does look nice...
Probably not. I've only just started using Ace, and that engine is probably still going to be around for a while.
Yes I will. I'm a sucker for "new shiny maker" (as opposed to new consoles, where I usually wait 2-4 years after release til games catch my eye), and we just got a (small, but still worth it) bonus at work so that can be stashed away.
I will. I've already decided that my side project will be moved from VX Ace to MV (which is good because I barely even started it). I like the appeal of a default side view battle system. As much control as scripted ones offer, I don't feel like dicking around with code that I can barely understand. Default systems are far easier for me to work with.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Personally I think Ace has everything I currently need. It will likely take a while for this engine to catch up with the script / resource support that Ace has. The mobile option just doesn't really persuade me to upgrade.

And like RPG Maker 2003 I think we can continue to see Ace get a hell a lot of support, especially with the jump from Ruby to Java.

What I really wanted to see was a layering system like XP / Gimp. This "third" layer thing just doesn't look the same. And 3 layers isn't enough, why stop there?

The RTP is practically the same as VX.

I'll get it eventually... I'm interested in making a mobile game, but I'm afraid there wont be enough community scripts available at launch to make the types of games I like to make.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Eventually? Absolutely yes. Right now? I don't know.

The resource thing isn't a concern for me. If anything, I feel like I'd learn more by playing around with the engine itself and learn to make my own resources (hi tilesets, my own arch nemesis). Since I don't know absolutely everything that the engine will have, I'm not sure if I should get this or stick with Ace.

I don't buy things just because they're new. I only buy things that I need. And while the announced features sound great, I still don't see anything that I need right now. Maybe I will later when more cool stuff is announced. Or if it's on sale at a reasonable price at launch, I'll nab it.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I intend to get a copy for myself ASAP, and I'm pretty sure Ill be hooking people up with copies, as I did with Ace.
Well, with the resources, scripts, and Luna Engine, I'll probably stick with Ace for a loooooong time. That said, if this goes to Steam and I ever get the chance to acquire it easily, obviously I'm going to get it!

That event searcher is such an invaluable feature that Ace should have had! XD
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
My purchase-plan involves getting MV through the RMN store, thus supporting both RMN and Enterbrain at the same time.

I'm just assuming it's going to be at the RMN store, at some point. No clue if that's smart.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I've bought every version of the engine that is available through other options than steam, which means I own them all (2K & 2K3 pirate thus far but I will buy them when I can), and I've never made a game. I will likewise get around to MV, once it isn't locked to steam. Don't ask me why I do it when I'm never going to actually make a game, I have...reasons.

So in answer to the OP, yes, but not until it's an unconditional buy, not a steam buy.
If there's a pre-purchase like there was for Ace, my name will be near the top of that there list. ;p
Ace suits my needs fine for now. I got bills, man.
Eh, not right away. I'm not super impressed so far.
When it inevitably goes on sale, I'll give it a whirl though.
I'm lookin' at you, HumbleBundle.
If I'm going to mess with a new game dev tool I'd rather it be Unity or so. MX doesn't have any killer feature that would make me want to invest in using it so far.
Like GRS, I probably will try out Unity or something next so I'll have a bit more freedom, but I'll buy MV and play around with it for sure.
Pages: first 123 next last