[RMVX ACE][PAID][SCRIPTER/MAPPER/BATTLE BALANCE] LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD TEAM MEMBERS!

Pages: 1
Howdy, everyone! I'm Admiral Styles, creator of Love and War, as well as a few other little things like C'est Lavie and a StarCraft campaign or two (but never mind that). I'm here today because I'm seeking a few good team members for my latest endeavor, a new RPG set in the LAW universe! The intention is to make this a commercial game after a successful crowdfunding campaign, so if you think you might be interested in joining Team LAW, read on!

About the project

Without giving too much of the setting away, I can say that this is intended to be an RMVX Ace RPG starring a character from LAW, fun loving teenager Lavie Regale. She'll be going on a magical adventure within a dreamy fairy-tale land, meeting colorful characters and getting into and out of a whole bunch of trouble... and all this, without ever leaving her room in Davenport! Action, humor, and a touch of romance will all be important elements. Those who have played Act I before will recognize some familiar faces, but no prior knowledge of the series will be required.

Some specifics: this project is intended to be a shorter game, roughly around 2-4 hours in length. It's also intended to be the first in a trilogy of similar-length games, if the first one is well received. Those applying for jobs are not required to stick around for the whole series, if you don't want to - it would be wonderful if you did, but if you would prefer to limit your participation to just "Chapter 1", then that's fine by me. :)

Here's a quick look at a couple enemies that Lavie will be encountering:

This brute is looking to pump Lavie up! Possibly by beating her down, which is not ideal when it comes to workout routines.

This is Two-Tale-Fox. He's a cool guy, but you can be sure that when he recites one of his stories (he only knows two), he'll inflict Confusion upon both allies and enemies. Yup.

A couple early screenshots:

Job Positions

Urgently Needed:
1. Battles/Gameplay Guru: I know my strengths and weaknesses, and one thing I struggle with are implementing fun, challenging battles and gameplay systems. This person will be in charge of game balance, seeing if my gameplay ideas are possible or entertaining (and if not, we toss 'em and try something else!) enough to implement, and overall ensuring that leveling up and battles are fun for the player.

2. RMVX Ace Battle Scripter: This may or may not overlap with the above, but I do want a side view battle system (ah, the old Custom Battle System of yesteryear!), and I believe such requires the use (and more importantly, the understanding) of various scripts. Do you understand this scripting stuff? Maybe this position is right up your alley, then!

3. Minigame Maker: I have ideas for fun little minigames, but don't have the know-how to actually put them together. There will probably be three or four in total, intended to be simple but fun.

Helpful, but Secondary:
1. Mapper (Parallax): I currently do have a mapper, but having a second one onboard would certainly help lighten the load and get things done quicker. We will be using parallax mapping for this project, so knowledge of that technique is required.

2. Composer: Not urgently needed just yet, but I do hope that this project will ultimately get its own custom-composed soundtrack.

How to apply

Send me an e-mail at ofloveandwar@hotmail.com and let me know what position you're applying for, what sort of monetary compensation you'd be looking for, as well as whether you'd be interested in sticking with the entire series, or just the first chapter. Please have examples of your work ready to show. I will wait for at least two weeks before making my final decision on team members - longer if need be, of course. Once the team is assembled I'll add up all the costs, determine the figure we need to shoot for, and launch the crowdfunding campaign shortly thereafter (probably using Indiegogo or Kickstarter).

Final Thoughts

It's been a long time (longer then it should have been, thanks to the machinations of "real life"!), but hopefully now I can return to LAWmaking. :) If you have any questions or comments - perhaps a detail that needs clarification, or maybe you have a skill to offer that I didn't list but could prove useful, send me an e-mail too, at ofloveandwar@hotmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

And so does Lavie!
Wow! I don't currently have the free time to offer any help for this (nor the programming skill xD), but I just wanted to say, this post is pretty exciting. Love and War was one of my favorite old-school RM projects! I'm glad to see you're back, bud.

For anyone who isn't familiar with Admiral Styles - this guy is a master at dialogue and storytelling! I'm excited to see this new project develop. :)
Hey, great to see you too, Blindmind! Hope work is going well on your project, too - I'm still looking forward to that one. :)
Pages: 1