MAKER VS TSUKURU TUTORIALS

Pages: 1
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
We have RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Tsukuru 2000 listed as separate engines now, and we also have RPG Maker 2003 and RPG Tsukuru 2003 listed as separate engines.

I noticed recently that this creates a problem with regards to tutorials - when you search for RM2K3 tutorials you only get like two results. In the future, people who search for Tsukuru tutorials will miss out on all the more recent tutorials in their search results. I wonder if there's a way to separate the games but combine the tutorials. Maybe you could mark in the tutorial which version it was written for, but just combine the search results? (This could potentially be done for games as well, I guess?)

Another more complex option would be to add the ability to mark a tutorial as being for multiple engines. All the 2000 and 2003 tutorials could then be automatically marked as being for both translations of the engine.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I find some tutorials can cover multiple engines anyways. As some are very similar. An Ace tutorial can sometimes be the same as a VX.

(ie. some events can be done the same way.)
I've seen some 2k tutorials that would work in Ace. Marking for multiples would be a neat idea.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Liberty
I've seen some 2k tutorials that would work in Ace. Marking for multiples would be a neat idea.

Well, you being a mod, I think your suggestion would carry a little weight. It's a great idea all around and would be excellent for those of us that don't have a formal education in computer science and might not be sure what works and what doesn't.
All people's ideas, mod or not, if good enough, warrant looking at. The site wouldn't be as good as it is if people's opinions didn't count (though of course there are some things that can't be done or won't be done). ^.^)b
pffft I noticed this immediately as it happened.

amateurs.

(I haven't gotten around to fixing RMN yet, despite saying I would over the summer. work's a bitch)
Pages: 1