THE MVLYMPICS!

On the 7th and 8th of November we will be holding the MVLypics! This is an event where you are arranged in randomised teams and take part in different events over the course of the weekend. After it ends, judging of each event takes place and winners are announced!

It is pretty simple. Each person is randomly assigned a team. At the start of the weekend a list of events will be placed. You will pick what you want to take part in and do those events over the course of the weekend. At the end, send in your pieces and they will be judged and given points based on their quality. The team with the most points will win and each person on that team will gain a first prize badge.

- You may not start until 00:01 GMT on Saturday the 7th of November.
- You must send in your entries via PM to Liberty before 23:59 on Sunday the 8th of November.
- Each person in a team may add 1 (one) entry for each event only.
- All events are optional. Do not pressure your team mates into doing things they can't or don't want to do - some people have more time than others, after all.
- If you have any questions, just post them here in the thread.

Make a silly face
Create a zany face using the inbuilt generator. No additional pieces allowed, just base resources. (Send in a screenshot of the face.)

Resource edit
Try and create the best resource edit. Must be able to tell what default resource it came from (RTP!). Can be image, music or other.

Sound Creation
Make a sound effect! It can be silly, funny, serious or the like.

Create a resource
Make a resource from scratch. Try to make it fit the default style so people can use them!

Make an RTP Map
Using the RTP create a 20x20 map. Best one wins! (Send in a screenshot of the map in-game. To get a screenshot of that size, I recommend making use of the screen resize plugin.)

Make a non-RTP Map
It can use custom graphics or rips or anything but the default graphics! 20x20 in size. (Send in a screenshot of the map in-game. To get a screenshot of that size, I recommend making use of the screen resize plugin.)

Pixel Map!
Create a 100x100 map and use the RTP tiles as your palette to create a pixel image! Then export it as an image (via the inbuilt Save As Image option under map options and resize it to 100x100 pixels.)
Here's one I prepared earlier using world tiles (lava, water, snow, grass and dark snow):

Minigame - no plugin
Create a minigame without using any plugins or scripting of any kind. Just normal eventing here, okay? (Send in the project file. Minigame must be playable.)

Minigame - plugin
Create a minigame using a plugin. (Send in the project file. Minigame must be playable.)

Boss Battle
Create a fun boss battle using no plugins or scripting of any kind. Just normal eventing and databasing here, okay?. (Send in the project file. Boss must be playable.)

Boss Battle Plugin
Create a fun boss battle using plugins. (Send in the project file. Boss must be playable.)

Item Creation
Design a cool item! (Send a screenshot of the database entry.)

Armour Creation
Design a cool armour! (Send a screenshot of the database entry.)

Weapon Creation
Design a cool weapon! (Send a screenshot of the database entry.)

Hero Skillset
Create an interesting skillset for your Team Mascot! (Make that person character 1 in the database and have all their skills learned/set up for them. If there's battle events, name that battle MASCOT BATTLE.)

Funny Cutscene
Make a funny cutscene in under an hour! (The amount of time to create, not how long the scene must be. Send in project.)

Best Cutscene
Make the best cutscene in under an hour! (The amount of time to create, not how long the scene must be. Send in project.)

Sound scene
Create a cutscene to convey a conversation between at least two characters, without using any dialogue. Sounds should feature heavily. (Send in project.)

Title Image
Create a neat title image for a randomly generated title (titles found here: http://videogamena.me/). (Send in image.)

Title Screen
Using this plugin, create a custom title scene. (Video, gif or project file.)

GUI Creation
Use plugins or old fashioned eventing to create some kind of custom GUI. (Either still image, gif, video or project.)

Team Cheer!
This is a team event where you create a rhyming cheer for your team! Only one per team can be added and the whole team (if possible) should take part in its creation!

I recommend starting a new project and keeping all entries in that one folder. Name them clearly and include a list with the different entries you've included inside the project folder. This is to help cut down on large file downloads.

If, however, you haven't taken part in any of the events that require being played (such as battle creation or scenes) then just a folder with your entries clearly marked and a list will do instead.

Zip up and PM to Liberty before the time runs out on the 8th. If you forgot something and there's still time, you can PM the missing entry to me.

Judging will be done after all the entries have been received. Each entry will gain 1 point for their respective team, if they do not place.
First place entries will gain 5 points for their team. Second place entries will gain 3 points for their team. Third place entries will gain 2 points for their team.

There will be one winner per placing for each event, and at the end of the judging the points will be tallied. Teams will then be awarded badges and MS based apon how their overall team placed - from 1st to 4th.

Keep your eyes and ears peeled for the TWIST...

If you have any questions, ask in this thread.

For those who have issues with time zones: (Courtesy of Racheal)
Start countdown
End countdown

Cecil_Beoulve
emmych
Zeuzio
Racheal
CashmereCat
squallstorm
El_Waka
Red_Nova
Jalex
Zeigfried_McBacon
ethanz
Deckiller
Harbinger
Unity
slash

silentshockwave
Nessy
Fomar0153
charblar
Deltree
ocean
orochii
mjshi
pareidolon
Minnow
marimo
philteredkhaos
Leapfrom
Rhyme

Alichains
Luchino
Namagomi
Ilan14
Caz
The13thsecret
Potato_Coach
YouChouEntame
pianotm
craze
skyrockerable
Liberty
Seiromem
mawk
GreatRedSpirit

CYBERLOUS
aquaricorn
Rose_Guardian
Cap_H
Aegix_drakan
Frogge
Pizza
TungermanU
JosephSeraph
Razelle
volke_locke
Max Mcgee
dinkledaberry
kentona
giaks

So that means I'm in your team, Liberty? Awesome! :D

But one question: What we have to do is a playable project that includes all of the entries in which we participate?
If you take part in events like the cutscene or battle ones, it'd make sense to just use one project folder and put them each on separate maps. That will cut down on the size of projects that need to be downloaded. However, if you don't take part in any of the ones that require an actual project, then just a folder with the named submissions will do instead.

Also, yeah boy! Team Marsha for the wins!

Just to make this really really apparent for anyone still wondering.
Each person can choose to do any/all/some of the events over the course of the weekend.

The most entries a person can make all up is 21 - the amount of entries there are altogether, and there can't be any double up. One entry per event per person.

This means that teams can only have as many entries per event as they have team members. Again, no double up. If only 3 people on a team make an entry for an event, that's it for that event.

Hopefully that's more than clear enough. ^.^
Cool! Actually, I have three more questions:

1) While I know that I could save maps as images, the item, armor and weapon I create, have to be put as a notepad file or what?

2) How can you know if the cutscene takes us to make more than an hour?

3) Does the TWIST influences in how we have to make our entries?
1 - Ah, thanks, I meant to address that! Basically, screenshot the database entry and send me that.

2 - I can't. We're working on the honour system, just as we do every time we have an event.

3 - No. It's a little separate and will be revealed some time during the two days.

Added the missing event. Thought I forgot something!
Honour, huh...?

>:D
Don't make me get the hammer, m8~
I finally get to participate in one of these events :D! Aaaaaaand of course in typical bad luck fashion I just happen to hurt my anckle last night to the point I can't walk.
--_--

Well my concentration may not be perfect because of the pain, but at least I now have a valid excuse to sit on a chair all day with few movements and work on this tomorrow.xD

Go Team Harold!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
There is so many participants, cool.
Can we combine tasks? Like make a 20x20 map with a minigame on it and a cutscene made under an hour?
I've filled in what files to send/how to send.

You can have a minigame or cutscene on a map that is used for the map event, however you cannot mix the minigame with the cutscene. The only reason this is allowed is because the map has to be sent in as a screenshot, while the other two would require a map each in a project file.

As an example, say I did a map, a pixel map, a cutscene, a boss battle and two minigames (one plugin/one not), then I would send in a project file with:
- a map screenshot
- a 100x100 image of pixelled map
- one map that is a cutscene
- one map that would have the boss battle
- one map that would have the first minigame
- one map that would have the second minigame
- A txt file with a list of what event submissions I have included in the folder.

I could use a copy of the same map over and over again for the cutscene, battle and minigames, though, but whether it matches or not is another thing altogether.
All of these would be named according to the events they were for.
Teeaaaams?
Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no! Pressure!
RMN skill: zero!
Okay, so, I'll try. But I'm sorry in advance, Team Therese!

EDIT: Does the resource edit have to be a RTP resource, or, like, can I take Robo from Chrono Trigger and make him pink?
It has to be default graphic edit, so yeah, RTP.
Okay, thanks! I'll leave Pink Robo for another day.

And you know, not trying to get brownie points or anything, but despite any wails of despair you might hear from me over the next couple of days, thank you very much for your efforts in organising this event, Liberty.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
For clarity's sake: does in-line scripting inside of an event count as using a plug-in? I know that goes against the spirit of using events, but it's just so darn convenient sometimes, so I wanted to make sure.
Let's just keep it plain old eventing without script calls and the like. That way it's easy to tell and an even field. Plugins are basically scripts that, well, plug in, so we'll lump it under that heading. I'll clarify in the post. Thanks for asking, though! Good to get this all out the way before people actually start. ^.^)b
Hey, I can actually do some of these!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Thanks Liberty,
I dig it now and I'm ready to start (gotta finish bunch of motivation letters and mockups for a school project first).
One more thing Liberty, what do we have to send for the Hero Skillset entry?
Make that person Hero #1 in the database, and have all the skills learned.