[RMVX ACE] ENEMY TRANSFORM

Pages: 1
I'm having a little difficulty with enemy transformation. I have where the enemy starts out as a dragon but when it goes down to half, it changes into something else which then transforms again when its below a quarter health but I'm not exactly sure how to though. Including that I want them to use specific skills or say certain things when they use an attack or something but not sure how to though since i know how it works with the dragon but then the other two forms I'm confused by, can somebody help me out with this? Thanks
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I think this could be done via the Troop section of the database.

Set the condition of the Troop page where the dragon exists to be Enemy's (there's a drop-down to specify which enemy in the troop is being the subject of the condition) HP below 50% for the first transformation, and HP below 25% for the second. That would amount to two seperate event-pages for that troop. Anyway, after that, maybe setup a Message Box with whatever they say, then do a Enemy Transform event-command.

However, I'm kinda guessing that the Enemy Transform event-command would reset HP, since the monster is being replaced with another monster, as specified by the event-command. So, whatever is being replaced might need to have as much max HP as the original, but, use a Change Enemy HP event-command to control their HP values to where they should be?

I'm sorry if this sounds complicated, or confusing. My mind's a bit muddled from other matters.
Its okay and I did try it but it didn't work right though since it went and changed into one form and then to another form right after it.
Marrend
author=Dalt96
Its okay and I did try it but it didn't work right though since it went and changed into one form and then to another form right after it.

I tested that theory, and sure enough, the monster reverted back to the second form after attaining it's third! So, after some tweaking and testing, the following (or something like it) should work:

I just tested it out but this showed up though when I clicked on fight: http://tinypic.com/r/rvxeeg/9
Marrend
Try double-checking the value of $game_variables[2] before the division to make sure it's not 0. You can accomplish this with inserting a regular message box between the change variable event-commands and the script-line. The contents of the message box would be "\v[2]".

*Edit: If it displays 0, it could be that you copy-pasted the event command that defined the numerator (ie: $game_variables[1]) and didn't change the right thing(s) for when the denominator (ie: $game_variables[2]) was to be defined. If that makes any sense. To be honest, I made this very mistake, and got that error message, so...

*Edit2: Also, for next time, if you have an image, post the image! Like thus:

Pages: 1