STAT WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Pages: first prev 123 last
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
My first time cracking the top ten in anything! Neat.

Petition to call next month's thread "Stat Wars 2: The Search for More MoneyMakerscore"
it will probably be Stat Fu Panda 3
Deltree
Whoa, I didn't realize that was coming out in the January death zone. I figured it'd be released in the summer like the other ones.

Petition withdrawn!
It's only really a death zone because crap films are dumped at that time, and always die a deserved death. Stuff like 47 Ronin, I,Frankenstein, Seventh Son, Legend of Hercules, Mortdecai, Strange Magic, etc., etc. I can't really recall last time a legitimate good film was released at that time and failed. On the other hand, we all know how well American Sniper had done at that slot (even if the film's merits are debatable to say the least).

September-October is a more complicated slot, though. Earlier, it was also considered as the time to dump whatever wasn't good enough for spring-summer time, but this might be changing after Interstellar in November and now The Martian, which, if you've been following B.O. news, had essentially sucked the oxygen out for everyone else. (And as soon as it was done, Spectre and now The Hunger Games took over.)

It's literally been about a dozen flops in a couple of months now. Mostly deserved stuff (Pan and Rock the Kasbah, wow), though the failures of Steve Jobs and The Walk are quite sad, and so was the apparent underperformance of Crimson Peak and Man from U.N.C.L.E. earlier. Still, audiences seem to generally give more weight to reviews now, and success/failure seems more closely tied to them then before.
I think a bit of blockbuster fatigue is setting in, as well. I read somewhere that 2015 had something like 22 "blockbuster" level movies slated for release? People are just going to become more choosy as a result. I am not going to haul my ass into watch a 'blockbuster' every 3 weeks, sorry.
Deltree
I saw Spectre in theaters. That was a mistake. It is not great. I also saw The Night Before last week, and it was fantastic! If you like a good Seth Rogen vehicle, it's one of his better ones.

I will be in Boston when Star Wars 7: So Very Tired comes out, so I'll see if I can convince any of my extended family to go with me.

But really, what I'm looking forward to the most is 24 hours of A Christmas Story.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Deltree
Star Wars 7: So Very Tired

Again with the Sith Lords.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=pianotm
author=Deltree
Star Wars 7: So Very Tired
Again with the Sith Lords.

I canna reach the control board! I'm too fat!
Againwith the Sith Lords.

That's not too surprising. After all good and evil are two sides of the same coin or in this case Jedi and Sith.

I will be in Boston when Star Wars 7: So Very Tired comes out, so I'll see if I can convince any of my extended family to go with me.

I might go and see it in the theater, but I have my doubts. I tend to wait for movies to end up in the bargain bin before I buy them. I suppose I'm a bit more generous with Star Wars material, but I've already got hours worth of material on my shelves from the Clone Wars and Rebels to sit down and watch as it is.

I barely manage to watch a handful of new movies a year... I've got a massive backlog of old films to watch anyway...

That's probably better then me. The last time I remember going to see a movie in a theater is when my mom paid for us to go see X-Men: First Class. Though, if your including Direct-to-DVD movies then the most recent film I watched when it was new was Tremors 5.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Still in the top fiddy post count oh yeah

this is all I have...
What are movies? Can I eat them?
Make stat thread titles based on Featured Games for great justice!
Pages: first prev 123 last