CAN THE NEW RPG2003 RTP RUN THE OLDER GAMES?

Pages: 1
Or will the older games still need the Old 2003 rtp to run them?

Edit:
Nevermind. I can see the old versions are no longer available because of certain issues. I'm going to assume the new version can still run the older games. Think it might confuse people there are two versions listed with just a slight name change, but ultimately do the same thing as advertised. Unless this is for folks that need to know the difference just to make sure if something in the old version will clash with something in the new version, and make the needed changes.

Edit II:
Okay this is going to sound really silly because for all these years I assumed you needed the engine to run any RPG game. Apparently you don't need the engine to run them. Just download the game, and play it! All these years I thought you needed the engine along with it's assets! I can't believe I'm just now noticing that. I feel dumb. Really dumb! hahahaha
Some games will require the assets, and depending on which version the game was made in, those assets will have different names. If it is made in the new version then it will need the RTP of the new version. If it was made in another version, it will need the RTP that corresponds with that.
author=Sated
People who don't include the RTP with their game (or use a workdaround so that it isn't required) are really short-sighted IMO.

Especially now that RM has become more than a niche market in some hidden forum somewhere. RM2K and 2K3 is especially important to include the RTP, now, due to the differences between the illegal / legal versions of the RTP.
Considering the size of the RTP for 2k/3, it's not a big deal to include it in with your game - it's what? 30MB total? If that. The biggest part is the music files, and they're easy enough to weed through to see if you didn't use any, if you want to cut the size down a bit more. Otherwise, there's really no reason not to, what with 200MB+ game files nowdays.

As for MV and Ace RTP? It's a good idea to make a slimmed down project for your base (no graphics or sound bar those you absolutely need) then add what you use as you go.
man I remember back in the dark ages when people were cutting rpg_rt.exe from their projects and used sound recorder to double the speed of digital music and playback at half speed all to cut down on the size of their games and now the base game size is like 50mb because of how hilariously gigantic the base executable is and shit

(I know this is

)

e: double-speed then playing at half speed sounded like shit too
author=GreatRedSpirit
man I remember back in the dark ages when people were cutting rpg_rt.exe from their projects and used sound recorder to double the speed of digital music and playback at half speed all to cut down on the size of their games and now the base game size is like 50mb because of how hilariously gigantic the base executable is and shit

wow.. g-guilty as charged..

My boyish self never dreamed of a day when 200mb was the norm for RM games tbh.
Pages: 1