[RMMV] NO EXE FOLDER WHEN GAME WAS DELPLOYED IN WINDOWS 7

Pages: 1
KrimsonKatt
Gamedev by sunlight, magical girl by moonlight
I'm using RPG Maker MV in Windows 7. After making a game that worked perfectly while I was making it and then I deployed it. The deployment worked fine in VX Ace. But there was no .exe file in the Deployment folder created by MV. Everything I read on the forums says to use the .exe file in Enigma Virtual Box (which I have installed) in order to share with others... Problem is there is no .exe file in the deployment folder.

Furthermore, the Index.html file does not run in any browser with any setting. All return errors, even with all protection/ security settings turned off/ minimized and even with "allow local files" enabled. There is no way to run or share this game with my fans that I can see. It was easy in VX Ace - but how do I do it in MV? Thanks!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Right Click folder > send to > compressed zip folder.
KrimsonKatt
I tried that. This is a screenshot of what it was when I tried that.

SunflowerGames

This is a shot in the dark, but try doing it in Windows Safe mode.
Start your computer and press the F8 key a bunch of times.

Otherwise this is an issue with MV most likely.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
If i remember correctly windows 7 also has admin mode.
Are you sure you're running your software with administrative rights?

If that's not it, are you sure the software isn't trying to write data in a folder with restricted writing access, such as folders inside your program files folder?
KrimsonKatt
I'm not on the admin account, so that might be a problem.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If you're not on the admin account in Windows, you don't have access to make changes to program folders. Therefore you need to store the game's project folder in your My Documents folder, instead of in the RPG Maker program folder, which is probably where it's being stored right now by default. Try cutting and pasting the project folder into My Documents, and then everything should work a lot more smoothly.
KrimsonKatt
I copy and pasted all the MV folders from my account into admin. I tried to deploy the folder again but it still didn't have exe file in the deployed folder. Please give more help!
SunflowerGames

Can you zip other folders?

Painfully load each file into Media Fire, have someone with MV download it, and have them try to do it. Unfortunately I don't have MV, so I can't personally do this for you.
Can you show us what is in the folder?
Admistor was wery easy. Only click program at second cliker (other you usually open it...) it should given list and then select that...
KrimsonKatt
Ok Liberty. I have what is in all of the files. Here we go.
This is directly inside the folder

This is inside the www locals folder

This is inside www. folder

I did download a lot of plugins from yanfly. Here they are.

These are the main files in my drive.

KrimsonKatt
I do not need help anymore. I'm getting a new computer for my birthday and I'm using VX Ace right now to make my latest game. I'm about 70% done with It! Hope you enjoy!
Pages: 1