WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Happy
Devil's in the details
author=Ark
I indulged in a playthrough of the full Star Ocean series. Starting with 'The First Departure' then 'Second Evolution' on PSP before switching to 'Till the End of Time' on the PS2 and now finishing up with 'The Last Hope' on PS3. Which I know is technically a prequel but plays best if you know the foreshadowing of future events.

The Last Hope is a GREAT game. Very true to its roots whilst embracing the power of next-gen consoles. The English dub can be a tad annoying (as it deals in anime tropes and dubs NEVER sound right when somebody's acting over the top insane in any language but Japanese) but after the first few hours of play you get used to them and now I'm admiring the level of characterisation it's managed to pack in. A word of advice though - don't think you can pick this game up and get an easy Platinum like Final Fantasy XIII - this game is a killer!
I never got used to the battle system in Last Hope, and after the second planet, I had just enough of it. Also, the characters are the perfect example of the "Uncanny Valley" effect in games. Ugh.

I am currently playing Devil Survivor, just like I said I would after trying it some time ago. This time I'm going deeper, the story is interesting, and the battles just lovely. Fast paced too! So far only 1 game over, but that will probably change soon, as I am only at the start of day 2, and I hear the game gets quite hard.

Next on my list: proper playthrough of Etrian Odyssey 3 and Strange Journey. Interesting thing is, I seem to like/be interested in games that the reviewer from "Classic Game Room reviews" likes. Or maybe it's just the way how he reviews those games that makes me want to play them through.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Saints Row 2 for PC. I love it so far, But having to do those side missions to access more main gang missions gets annoying. Heard the third one looks great as well.
author=SmileWithStyle
I never got used to the battle system in Last Hope, and after the second planet, I had just enough of it. Also, the characters are the perfect example of the "Uncanny Valley" effect in games. Ugh.

You may want to look up the definition of "uncanny valley" if you think Star Ocean 4's anime characters are a good example of it.
Okay okay, maybe not the perfect example, but the way the characters look in that game just freaked me out, not really realistic (as far as anime characters go that is), and not really stylized either, just..... plain weird. To me that is, after a quick google search, many people feel the same, while many others say that they don't see anything wrong with the graphics at all. Just a matter of opinion I guess.

But yeah, "uncanny valley" usually refers to other kind of graphics/realism, but I still feel that SO4 is somewhat good example for it. "Perfect example" was an over exaggeration I admit.

EDIT: Damn civilians in Devil Survivor keep dying on day 2, lost the battle like 6 times already. Should probably switch my tactics a little.

EDIT 2: I've had it, after 12 tries, the best I can do is save the civilians, after which 3 demons can just easily escape--->game over again. Sheesh, talk about frustrating. I will keep trying, but right now I have to put the game down, or I will break something.

EDIT3: Finally did it, all I needed was to get a level or two and fuse me a Thor and that Megami demon with Force Dance and range 4 healing spells to reach that stupid civilian on the left who kept getting ganked by 2 demons at the same time. Main problem was the killing speed though, now with some right Dance spells it was a walk in a park. Wohooo!

author=facesforce
My Winning Tactics: The key is to rush and use far range magical attacks. This will allow you to save most. If not range, then RUSH like hell to beat the line of civvies to save them all.

Yep, speed/rushing was the key to this battle, I needed to get to the civies fast, and also to kill the demons fast.
author=SmileWithStyle
EDIT 2: I've had it, after 12 tries, the best I can do is save the civilians, after which 3 demons can just easily escape--->game over again. Sheesh, talk about frustrating. I will keep trying, but right now I have to put the game down, or I will break something.

My Winning Tactics: The key is to rush and use far range magical attacks. This will allow you to save most. If not range, then RUSH like hell to beat the line of civvies to save them all.
I'm playing Xenoblade right now. I'm at 50 hours played time and still not finished! I really like it so far though.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Alpha Protocol, kind of feels abit odd with the XBOX Controller, hard to get use too it, when doing hacking, and having to switch the keyboard all the time.
I really felt like playing an ARPG, but something else than "the king" Diablo 2 LOD.

Grim Dawn still far away, D3 still far away, Torchlight 2 might be close but still not released, no beta invitation for Path of Exile or D3, Drakensang Online is pretty shitty, the new Mythos game makes me laugh, the Sacred games make me mad..... I could go on :D

So I fired up Torchlight again, giving it a try for like the 5th time. Have a bunch of mods active to make the game playable (vanilla Torchlight is...well, "not good enough" to say the least). The mods really help to give the game a different/better feel. And since I upgraded my PC, it's pretty smooth and good-looking, especially with the texture mods. Let's see if the game holds my attention THIS time. But so far it feels like a very different game than the last time I played it, especially with Diablo-like unique champions with various enchantements, more monsters and the many balancing mods. Let's see if I can at least get to the final boss this time. But I think I might, my ARPG itch is quite strong while waiting for the multiple games to come out.

Plus I need something to cool me off after getting my ass kicked by Devil Survivor again and again.
Currently metagaming Final Fantasy VIII: I just beat Ultima Weapon with the 3 male characters on Level 10-11 with overpowerful junctions. A single Renzokuken was all it took for the boss to die ^^
Next I'll be raising the 3 guys' Levels to 100 with the Stat Bonuses equipped.
It's fun to "break" the game... yet it does take away a lot of suspense during fights...
... Isn't it more gamebreaking to simply leave the party at low levels and abuse junctioning?
author=SmileWithStyle
I really felt like playing an ARPG, but something else than "the king" Diablo 2 LOD.

Grim Dawn still far away, D3 still far away, Torchlight 2 might be close but still not released, no beta invitation for Path of Exile or D3, Drakensang Online is pretty shitty, the new Mythos game makes me laugh, the Sacred games make me mad..... I could go on :D

So I fired up Torchlight again, giving it a try for like the 5th time. Have a bunch of mods active to make the game playable (vanilla Torchlight is...well, "not good enough" to say the least). The mods really help to give the game a different/better feel. And since I upgraded my PC, it's pretty smooth and good-looking, especially with the texture mods. Let's see if the game holds my attention THIS time. But so far it feels like a very different game than the last time I played it, especially with Diablo-like unique champions with various enchantements, more monsters and the many balancing mods. Let's see if I can at least get to the final boss this time. But I think I might, my ARPG itch is quite strong while waiting for the multiple games to come out.

Plus I need something to cool me off after getting my ass kicked by Devil Survivor again and again.

Play throne of Darkness. It is a good, but different, ARPG for you to enjoy.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Saint's Row 2 Roof Special. Just fighting some territory while I'm at it.

Team Fortress 2, Sonic Trilogy, Half Life and making my own stuff.
author=Brent
author=tpasmall
NHL 12!
Fucking, eh! Wanna get this -- so -- bad!!!

It's full of bugs right now, but there has been like 7 tuner updates and 2 or 3 software updates that have helped. Still a ways to go with some things, but overall its pretty comparable to 11. The Be A Pro and EASHL stuff has changed a lot, some of the changes are really good, but other ones are a little annoying.

If you do get it, you should join our EASHL team, 'Gobias Industries'. Just let me know you're from here and you're in.
...I just have to wonder...how does a company justify shipping a product full of bugs?

EDIT:
on a completely unrelated note, I am going to be fixing up some issues and adding in some missing functionality in RMN4 in the coming weeks.
That's the way games seem to be made now. Now that you can just download updates, you can just have the people buying the game be your game testers and fix the bugs they find instead of paying someone to do it. Updates are nice in some respects, but it seems like manufacturers just don't care to put a perfect product on the shelf anymore.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
rpg maker 2003. Aorta.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Started over in Castle Crashes. Love that game to held, just wish there was online.