WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Going to finally start my run on Kingdom Hearts 2.5 soon. Going Critical Mode to get the most out of it, since it gives you shitloads of AP apparently, and I sure do adore my abilities, sooo...
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
FINALLY found a Nether fortress in my Minecraft game today. I don't think I ever had to travel for hours on end to find one in any other world I made. In the world I'm playing on it was easier to find an Ocean Monument than it was to find this fortress. I got my blaze rods (and even obtained my first wither skull for the first time), crafted my potion stand and went to town making stuff.

Speaking of Ocean Monument, I finally decided to craft some water breathing potions and take it on. I was a bit better equipped to handle it, unlike my last attempt, but lord those Guardians are BS. It took me a bit but I finally beat my first Elder Guardian... and before long I forget to refresh my water-breathing potion and I drown, losing all my enchanted diamond equipment, tools, breathing potions and loot from the temple.

:(
Back to grinding for Pufferfish. I hope I can get it back.
Oh, man. Have you tried the new snapshot? It's got the 1.9 features, including the new End islands and dungeons.
Ratty524
author=Liberty
Oh, man. Have you tried the new snapshot? It's got the 1.9 features, including the new End islands and dungeons.

No, I didn't know you could access it.
Yeah, you can access the snapshot via changing your version in the profile settings.
Ratty524
author=Liberty
Yeah, you can access the snapshot via changing your version in the profile settings.

Ooooh~!

Thanks for the info. Part of me doesn't really want to take a peek, though. I feel like I'd be spoiling myself.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Ah yes, Minecraft. Can't play it single player anymore. Building all these grand buildings for hours on end doesn't have enough fulfillment just showing it off to your family.
I got Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 today. There are a whopping 14 classes (counting Highlander, 15 with Fafnir Knight) and I absolutely love that.
Oh and I absolutely love this game so far. It took EO2 and it made it FUN yay
Finished playing Dangan Ronpa 2 and I'm currently trying to max all the report cards. Voice acting has significantly improved (plus, there's Monomi's awesome after practice music <3). I have no idea how to get the last movie sequence though.

I'll probably try to finish Persona 4 asap after I'm done with DR2.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Both my minecraft accounts I lost credentials for, thankfully I joined in early Alpha and have predictably outright bored myself to high heaven with the game.

I haven't played much recently, but I watched my bro play Kiroshi night before last, which is a Japanese-based English developed workplace suicide simulator.

It's super fun puzzle platforming with some decent pitch black humor. Your goal is to commit suicide or sudoku if you like, in some of the most ridiculous ways imaginable.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I wonder how many people here still play Warframe. Should we make a thread, or...?
author=wildwes
I got Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 today. There are a whopping 14 classes (counting Highlander, 15 with Fafnir Knight) and I absolutely love that.
Oh and I absolutely love this game so far. It took EO2 and it made it FUN yay

I absolutely adored the forest variations of EO2, even if the later part was dull.

Did they keep the option to speed up battles optionally?
author=Kylaila
Did they keep the option to speed up battles optionally?

Yes, and it's much appreciated! (going to back to slow EO1 after playing EOU and EOU2 is... interesting. I walk so slowly, I battle so slowly!)
Started playing Morrowind again after it came up in the FF7 Remake thread. I'm having a much better go of it this time around.

To be honest, I'm probably gonna play Morrowind, then Oblivion, and then Skyrim. May as well dig myself a fucking hole now that I'm here.
author=LouisCyphre
I wonder how many people here still play Warframe. Should we make a thread, or...?

I haven't played that in forever, holy shit.

I really need to get around to doing so again... that game is fun as hell.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
It really is, zach! It's grown so much as a game in the last year alone.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I played a little Spiral Knights with friends recently, beyond that-- modded Skyrim, a bit of Warcraft (The Legion Expansion announcement got me into it again a little.) and some Broforce.
author=Pizza
Started playing Morrowind again after it came up in the FF7 Remake thread. I'm having a much better go of it this time around.

To be honest, I'm probably gonna play Morrowind, then Oblivion, and then Skyrim. May as well dig myself a fucking hole now that I'm here.

Just remember to touch base every now and then so we know you're okay and don't have to send out the search dogs~ ^.^

Currently playing Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth Investigations since I started it years ago and never got around to finishing it. Almost up to where I left off last time around. I swear, I don't remember the details of the cases, but I do remember who did it. Takes a bit of the fun out of it. >.<

Might as well play it while I'm waiting for the judging list for IGMC because I see a lot of indie games in my future. XD

orz
why did i do this to myself
Liberty
Pizza

Just remember to touch base every now and then so we know you're okay and don't have to send out the search dogs~ ^.^

You'll never find my body.

Well, I stopped playing Morrowind (who saw that coming?). Got about halfway through it, right before that open ended thing where you have to become a Hortator or whatever, which is the furthest I've ever been in the game.

Good fucking god. It's like NyQuil: The Video Game. Looking back, I seriously don't even remember doing anything besides walking around and talking to people about lore. I mean, I'm fucking bananas for lore in video games, especially the Elder Scrolls, but even I can't handle the thickness with which Morrowind spreads it on.

The biggest flaws, for me, had to be the pacing and the combat. The game is paced terribly at the start. All you do is walk around the world and talk to informants for hours on end, and Caius keeps telling you to "keep your cover story current" by doing side-quests to level (or in my case, using console commands to level because seriously this is tedious enough already) like you're applying for a fucking job or something. Trust me, I get the appeal of side-questing. I love doing it in Oblivion and Skyrim- but don't force the player to side-quest if they just want to play the main story.

The missing mechanic in combat is prevalent enough to make every encounter a game of standing around and aimlessly swinging at people until you get lucky and land a fucking hit, which is sleep inducing at best and frustrating at worst. It feels like there's no real depth to anything- the weapons have different stats for slashing and thrusting, but in my experience it doesn't really matter what you do. You just throw your weapon around until whatever you're fighting dies. (and believe me, I tried in vain to play with some strategy. I would have loved if that worked out.)

Also, fuck Vivec. That's one of the worst designs for a city I've ever seen in a game. "Hey, this is a game where your character is nauseatingly slow at all times. Let's make a city as big as the fucking moon and built out of pyramids where all the doors are four football fields away from each other! That won't take sixty five fucking hours to walk through, on this mission we designed where you have to walk across the city five times!"

Say what you will about my complaints, but Morrowind is definitely not a game for me. I like some of the ideas it has- Armour being built more piece by piece, Medium Armour as a skill/class, the ability to talk to people about more things than "Rumours", the focus on remembering and following directions/using your map more legitimately. But in the end I'd rather trade those things for the better combat/story/game feel in the sequels.

So now I'm playing Oblivion with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul put on it, which is interesting. Never done a OOO run before, but already I can feel that the balancing is better/there's more for me to discover/use in terms of weapons, spells, and armour.

I'm also playing a bit of Majora's Mask 3D. Time will tell if I keep up with that or get fed up with it like last time I tried to play MM.
I really remember enjoying Morrowind when I stole it back in high school (since I couldn't run Oblivion, y'see), just for the fact that it was so easy to find hidden things while wandering around without any goal in mind. a lot of it is probably just that it was my first game of its kind, but exploring felt really tense and spooky and I enjoyed it a lot. no clue if it'd hold up if I came back to it these days, though! probably not.

I might play it again when the people doing the Skyrim conversion finish up, though. that's kind of a weird idea, but I really like the thought and I wanna see where it goes.