FREE 8BIT SOUNDS!

Pages: 1
For any of you out there that enjoy making oldschool, 8bit kinda games, these sounds are for you (I guess).

Basically, I was bored, and decided I would make these wave modulations. All I did was play with frequencies and effects, but I think they sound pretty good. I'm not so sure they would actually be considered an "8bit" sound per say, but whatever. Most of them work best in menus, but use them how you like.

I made more, and called it V2. There are now 12 more sounds, making for a total of 26.

8BIT Sounds 2.0 Download Links:

Media Fire Link
File Factory Link
File Dropper Link
FreeWebs Link (rar)

If you are at work, etc. I recommend the freewebs link, as it is most likely to not be blocked.

Feedback would be appreciated. Also, I need some recommendations from you guys. Tell me what you want, and I will try to make it!
I am bumping this because I feel it got missed, and I would really appreciate some feedback.
Mediafire is blocked at work, but I'm psyched.

PS. Over Christmas activity at RMN was down.
Why hallo thar, 8-bit goodness. I see this before I went to bed last night (this morning) but was too tired to check it out. But now I shall! And I have....already. Post just sounds better when I add the part about me eventually doing it.

I liked 'em, though for some reason they sounded a tad sped up, or maybe even incomplete. Like the few warp (I think) ones I found in there. You could probably slow 'em down in the editor if you really wanted to do it though, so I guess that's no real problem.

Anywhoo, overall they're good! More SNES-sounding than anything, but they definitly do resemble sounds uaually associated with 8-Bit games.
Well, it's good to hear that you liked them Ephiam.

By warp sounds, do you mean 1 and 2?

Also, I think I might make more. Also, I will make sure to provide alternate links so that you, and others, can get to them Kentona.

EDIT: Added more sounds and more download links. Hooray! Also, I made a new warp sound because of what you said ephiam. It has a long and short version :).

Also, please, please, PLEASE give me some thoughts and ideas. Tell me what kind of sounds you need, and I will give them a try! Otherwise, all I can do is pump out these random sounds...
Sweet, Freewebs isn't blocked. Downloading now.
Awesome! Make sure to leave some feedback, and possibly some recommendations!
Wow, these are Ataritastic! Reminds me of all the days I spent in front of our Atari 2600 (not that many, come to think of it).

While I could see using these sounds for various action and arcade games, I'd be hard pressed to use them in an old school RPG. Why don't you try making 8 Bit sounds of fireballs, ice, explosions, electricity, sword strikes and blunt weapon strikes, etc...?
Thank you for the feedback Kentona.

As for using the sounds in an old school RPG, just try using some of them in a menu, they seem to fit the part to me. However, having said that, a lot of them would be hard to find use for.

Perhaps I will try making attack sounds. I think fire and explosion would be easiest, just use a lot of noise (as in white noise, not just loud sounds :))
Pages: 1