DECKILLER'S LET'S TRY THREAD

Pages: first 12345 next last
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Next to each completed/hiatus game, I've given an overall verdict on what I've played so far. Star ratings: 5 = perfect, 4.5 = outstanding, 4 = great, 3.5 = good, 3 = decent, 2.5 = average, 2 = poor, 1.5 = bad, 1 = very bad, .5 = unplayable. These star ratings are relative to the RMN community as a whole; an "Average" here certainly is not equal to the average commercial game, but it usually shows some flairs of creativity.

Alter A.I.L.A. Genesis * * * * 1/2

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOY_jgSqFfA

-----

Deep Fried Questing Grind (Hiatus) * * *
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5

Complete Chaos (Hiatus) * * *

Legend of Vanadia (Hiatus; ran into a bug) * * * 1/2
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4

Forever's End (Ongoing; more coming soon!) * * * *
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6 - Part 7 - Part 8

Ultima Island, Chapter 3 (Completed) N/A, own game

Cosplay Crisis (Completed) * * 1/2
Part 1 - Part 2

Dragonlands (Discontinued per Craze's superior LT) * * *
Part 1 - Part 2

Even Day (Completed) * * *
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4

Chrono Trigger 2 (Forthcoming)

Carpe Diem Chapter 4 (Forthcoming)
Part 1 - Part 2

Fire God Saga (Forthcoming)

Get Ugly (Canceled) *
Part 1
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'm glad that you gave this a shot, and to be honest, I'm extremely happy to finally have someone make a video of them playing my game. I'll make sure to watch over this and see if there's anything that sticks out that I need to improve.

EDIT: I got a good laugh out of the first video, and I agree that some of the jokes were pretty juvenile. I also found out that there was that one corner in the hero's house upstairs that I missed the wood corner, and I went back through and fixed it.

Also, I had no problem battling where necessary and buying potions and the sort to stay alive. And unlike in other games, using skills, especially Samantha's healing abilities, is a must, much like being around the right level for the area, which around the Pig Army Fortress I would suggest being around level 5-6. If you manage to hit level 6, Samantha gets her first group healing spell and Laura gets her group fire spell, while at that point Johnathan will have both a group enemy strength debuff and a single ally defense buff. I was honestly questioning whether or not I should have put shops/inns in Darunmus, but it's most likely something that I won't be changing.

You'll have to trust me on this one, but seeing as how the first boss is a joke, you shouldn't have to battle beyond level 2 to be prepared for fighting the bats in the wasteland that will reward you enough to really start buying potions and equipment.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Ooh, YDS has started a movement!

Are you taking requests, Deckiller?
YDS
member of the bull moose party
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
post=155226
Ooh, YDS has started a movement!

Are you taking requests, Deckiller?

Huh, is this officially a thing, now? Seems like fun. I've never actually recorded a video before, but I'd take a request. It can't be that hard. Someone send me a private message or something!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I'd love to take requests! This is a great way to try to give real-time feedback without being too evil :D With Deep-Fried, I tried to balance it as much as possible.

HEADS UP: There is one part pretty soon where I freak out because I can't find an inn. It was mostly an act; I hope I don't make anyone mad!

Also, a couple of heads up about Part 2: I crack a hell joke and a Moses joke. I know some people might be offended by that.
An LT of Complete Chaos (version 2) would be cool. Getting LIVE feedback would be awesome yet terrifying. lol
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
post=155304
An LT of Complete Chaos (version 2) would be cool. Getting LIVE feedback would be awesome yet terrifying. lol

Don't worry. I'm a very considerate person for the most part.

Updated.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Just filmed about 40 minutes of coverage from Complete Chaos. I will be editing 2-3 minutes out of it, as I go on a rant about a certain religious group and looks vs. personality in a lover.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I've decided to go ahead and release a new demo of DFQG that addresses the need for gold (you now start with 500, though if this is too low, I may increase it later or make a sort of "starter kit" of potions) and also includes a makeshift battle escape disabler to avoid eventing errors that come with Rm2k's inability to disable escapes on its own, all the while expanding the game world that the player can explore. I've also, like I said before, fixed the odd wall in the hero's home.

If there are any other simple changes that you can recommend to make the game more playable, please tell me, though starting from scratch on any one specific part would probably be shrugged off.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
500 gold sounds like a great starting number. Maybe you could expand the cave dungeon and add a couple chests?

Also, LT Complete Chaos has begun. Topic post updated.
Who would know, Deckiller is a fun person. I like those LTs.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
post=155335
Who would know, Deckiller is a fun person. I like those LTs.

Thanks!

And yeah, I'm taking requests.
Cool videos! I really like your style. So far, I agree with everything you said. Mapping has always been my huge weakness, and I've been trying to get better at it. In retrospect, I probably should have deleted those useless hallways altogether.

The mapping in the game does get progressively better, though. Not great per say... but better.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I have to tell you, I've REALLY enjoyed all three of these games so far. I just put 40 minutes into Aten's game.
Damn, Legend of Vanadia doesn't even have a demo on the site yet.
post=155362
Damn, Legend of Vanadia doesn't even have a demo on the site yet.

Private demo XD
Racheal and I were wondering if you would consider Castle Chase for your Let's Try series? It's a short light hearted VX adventure game with multiple endings, and it's a stand alone package. I'm not sure your preference in games, so we won't be hurt if it's not up your alley and you don't want to play.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
The queue's getting pretty big, so I can't guarantee I'll get to it anytime soon. I'll definitely consider it though!

List updated.

I will be recording 2 more parts of Complete Chaos and Vanadia; I think 5 videos for each game is a good and fair number. Next up after those? Forever's End.
Pages: first 12345 next last