CRAZE'S LET'S PLAY! TOPIC

True... Craze's playing style differs greatly from mine... I'm a bit biased that way, in that the game (particularly the forest section) wasn't as deadly for me.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
You're kind of biased because you made the damn game and you know how everything works and-

-and I'm going to stop here before I end up making another thread about developer knowledge.
No, I mean the battles solely. It doesn't matter that it's my game - I tend to play RPGs defensively so when I test played my own game, I found it easy. I of course didn't have time to test out all the different possible character builds. This of course means it's been balanced based on my personal playing style, which is bad.

I'm not criticising Craze in any way... I'm just saying he should buy some more equipment - I've watched the videos and he actually didn't buy any in the two towns he's been to so far.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I bought a bow for Clancy!

And the game is listed as Completed; the LT is listed as in progress.
I think it's fair to assume that the player will spend at least some money on armor. Granted, the percentage of money spent on weapons, armor, skills and items may vary from player to player, but I don't think the creator needs to accommodate the game for extreme choices like not spending any money at all on a certain category.
Craze
I just checked my current equipment against stuff sold in Charn, and I missed out on +2 DEF above my Hide Vests.

I call "uhhhhhh wut."
Interesting. I definitely remember buyable equipment having significant advantages. It may not have been in defense though, the white robe for example while not having a high defense gives a +5 to attack, but I'm sure updating equipment in shops makes your characters stronger.
Yes, as Crystalgate said. Although, the reason why the battles may seem overpowered is because I spent lots of AP on defense, and balanced it according to my own difficulty.

The battles are thus designed for characters who've had at least 15% of their AP put into DEF.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I'd like to request this game: http://rpgmaker.net/games/2504/

It is super short. :{ It is also fun! And dumb!
Craze
It is dumb, all right.

Updated with The Room.

On a side note, Legionwood will happen... if DG asks me too or bugs me about it?
Sailerius
did someone say angels
The new version of Act II should be ready in the next two weeks or so. I just got cutscene skip working, so I'm testing to see if it breaks anything (as well as adding in some new aesthetic changes, such as a new menu system).
If you have the time can you do this: http://rpgmaker.net/games/1364/

I'm going to get back to work on it soon and would like some more feed back.
post=Craze
On a side note, Legionwood will happen... if DG asks me too or bugs me about it?

OK; please try to get to it when you can (I'm doing exams myself at the moment so I haven't noticed you stopped anyway)

Though I've released two new versions since your last lot of videos, so they are helpful.