Members so far:
Adun
Liberty
Dudesoft
Idida
Illini

Storyline:
This is an idea
The world is in danger, and 4 heroes step up to save it, scattered across the world. You must stop them before they do.

Characters:
Zasc Abrinen,
Hero

Myresse Cliyne,
Hero

Paliun Saerim,
Hero

Sebyn Luna,
Hero

Skye Vengeas,
Character

Jose Ryuin,
Apprentice

Game Development:
The game development will begin in 1 weeks time. You can state ideas before then if you choose to.

And any names for a title?
This looks kinda crap, so I'll update it later, once we get a title.
Oh, and everything might get changed, it's up to the writers.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Thanks for telling me absolutely everything I ever wanted to know about this project in the OP.

/sarcasm

On a more serious note, I've got very vague ideas for a space opera that involves mechs (though the "mechs" part would only work if the art direction is up to snuff).
It's up to the writers? Do you have an assembled group of writers or are we supposed to brainstorm idea here? I'm willing to contribute, but I have no idea how I'm supposed to contribute. So far this project has no direction.
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
I vote for "Search for the Hero" as a title. :P If you use the song during the game somewhere you get bonus points.
Marrend
post=200694
So far this project has no direction.

No offense to dezz, but the direction I'm feeling from this thread is "make this for me".

Okay, maybe a little bit of offense was intended...
I'll be putting in the most work, actually. Why use a storyline no-one else likes? That's why I asked for writers. So we can think of a suitable storyline which we can agree on.
How am I asking people to "make this for me" if I'm going to be the one putting in more effort and work? This thread is generally for the members to discuss their ideas and opinions.

CrystalGate - Mostly for the writers in the team, so things can fit with the storyline, but others can give their opinion too.

Of course I'm aware how much this thread sucks right now, but it'll look better once we figure out a title and such.
The villain (or the playable character as it were) could have a debt to aid the end of the world.
Marrend
I'm just going to throw some ideas out, just for fun.

The opening of the game has a group of heroes slay the a villain. As per custom, the villain has a death speech. During that speech the villain says something to the effect of "You fools. Now that I have died, there is nothing left to stop the incoming catastrophe!" Game fades to black. The player is taken back in time, in control of the villain, tasked to set up The Grand Scheme That Will Work Especially if the Villain Dies. In other words, I think it would be great if the game presented a fiend so amazingly calculating that he/she takes his/her defeat into consideration.

Running with this idea, I think it would also be pretty epic if, once the game goes full circle (you're seeing the opening sequence, only the player knows exactly how the plan is going to work, even with the absence of the fiend), to have the player take control of the heroes after the fiend dies. As the heroes, players are tasked attempt to thwart The Plan. How successful the party is depends on how well the player did in the nigh-mandatory mini-games performed earlier in getting the Plan into motion. How does the player "win" if if both sides are seen? I haven't thought that far ahead. Like I said before, I'm just tossing ideas out just for fun.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I posted my story idea on the other thread. I can only post via cellphone, so im not copy-pasting it. Looks like it was trashed though by dezz.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Also, why are these character namees unpronouncable jumbles of syllables?
Marrend - Good idea, I like it.
Dudesoft - Lol, I'm on phone, too, and check the other thread and see what I had to write. Sorry about the trashing thing :x

And I dunno, just random ideas for names that'll probably definitely be changed.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
I'm copy and pasting dudesofts idea:

also, to those of you complaining instead of contributing, this game is now (can be changed or dropped) about a valiant knight who fell off the horse, so-to-speak, and slipped into a world of drugs and depression after his wife was killed by the Scots.
He has to rehibilitate himself in order to lead an army of men to take down King Maxy McGee.
who says, 'fuckin a' lots.
He has to learn the meaning of teamwork. He is really abusive and bitter in his old age.
His name is Desmond Spiteth. (Despite's ancestor). travelling the mythical land of Ramonica with his squire and much abused underling, Dudely Softmoore (my ancestor), Deesmond will meet new army members and unlock magical amulets with the power to unite the army.

....fff I dunno. use it or abuse it
"The Idiot's Guide to Being an Evil Mastermind"

I thought this might be a good title if the plot becomes more comedy oriented.

"Valorous Villainry"

I know "villainry" isn't actually a word. But I love alliteration.
The opening of the game has a group of heroes slay the a villain. As per custom, the villain has a death speech. During that speech the villain says something to the effect of "You fools. Now that I have died, there is nothing left to stop the incoming catastrophe!" Game fades to black. The player is taken back in time, in control of the villain, tasked to set up The Grand Scheme That Will Work Especially if the Villain Dies. In other words, I think it would be great if the game presented a fiend so amazingly calculating that he/she takes his/her defeat into consideration.

I may have an idea about how getting killed may actually help the villain.

The idea is that the hero has a legendary magical arm, probably a sword, which the villain need. The problem however is that whoever created the sword didn't want it to be possible to just kill the owner and take it. To make robbing the sword impossible, the weapon's enchantment will only work for one person, for anyone else the weapon will be no better than a common non-magical arm. The only way someone else can get access to the weapon's power is if the current wielder chooses to pass the power over to someone else. If the wielder dies, the sword is lost forever. To make things worse, the creator accounted for obvious methods such as torture and threats. The villain doesn't know what other security spells there are in the arm, the creator didn't want people to know about it so they could device ways to bypass those safety measurements and only revealed that those measurements does exist, not exactly what they are. So, any attempt from the villain to force the hero to transfer ownership could instead result into the arm being rendered useless forever.

The villain need the hero to voluntarily hand the magical arm over. To accomplish that he sets himself up as an immortal being who can only be permanently defeated by sealing him with a . The villain also sets up for someone to give the hero misleading information bout how to seal someone. He has to 1) kill the villain, 2) plunge the magical arm into him, 3) perform a special sealing ritual and 4) leave the magical arm stuck in him. The sealing ritual is described as close the one used to transfer ownership of the magical arm with some minor differences. Those minor differences however are inconsequential, the hero is not doing anything else than choosing the villain as the new owner.

Of course, now the villain is dead so the question is how he could benefit from being considered the owner of a legendary weapon. I can think of two answers for now.

1) The magical arm will actually revive him once he's the owner. He could have begun a ritual to become an immortal lich and the magical arm is the final ingredient needed.

2) He is soulbound to another entity which will become the new owner in lieu the former villain.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
post=200810
I may have an idea about how getting killed may actually help the villain.

The idea is that the hero has a legendary magical arm, probably a sword, which the villain need. The problem however is that whoever created the sword didn't want it to be possible to just kill the owner and take it. To make robbing the sword impossible, the weapon's enchantment will only work for one person, for anyone else the weapon will be no better than a common non-magical arm. The only way someone else can get access to the weapon's power is if the current wielder chooses to pass the power over to someone else. If the wielder dies, the sword is lost forever. To make things worse, the creator accounted for obvious methods such as torture and threats. The villain doesn't know what other security spells there are in the arm, the creator didn't want people to know about it so they could device ways to bypass those safety measurements and only revealed that those measurements does exist, not exactly what they are. So, any attempt from the villain to force the hero to transfer ownership could instead result into the arm being rendered useless forever.

The villain need the hero to voluntarily hand the magical arm over. To accomplish that he sets himself up as an immortal being who can only be permanently defeated by sealing him with a . The villain also sets up for someone to give the hero misleading information bout how to seal someone. He has to 1) kill the villain, 2) plunge the magical arm into him, 3) perform a special sealing ritual and 4) leave the magical arm stuck in him. The sealing ritual is described as close the one used to transfer ownership of the magical arm with some minor differences. Those minor differences however are inconsequential, the hero is not doing anything else than choosing the villain as the new owner.

Of course, now the villain is dead so the question is how he could benefit from being considered the owner of a legendary weapon. I can think of two answers for now.

1) The magical arm will actually revive him once he's the owner. He could have begun a ritual to become an immortal lich and the magical arm is the final ingredient needed.

2) He is soulbound to another entity which will become the new owner in lieu the former villain.

Or the Villain can just have an inside man in the Hero's camp, who takes the arm willingly by both parties and delivers it to the villain. That's the problem with going roundabout to cater to a "post-death accomplishment"; it makes the plot somewhat unworkable.
Lol, these ideas aren't bad. I'll wait till a few more people post their opinions and then we'll have a vote on the storylines that got chosen. :)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I vote that you play as an 8 year old girl who has been turned into a zombie, and all other zombies have been killed by a single rugged adventurer (played by Bruce Campbell, or possibly Simon Belmont), except you. This would of course be presented as a tragic backstory, as it's as though your entire race was mercilessly slaughtered before your eyes. Your goal is to kill and infect the entire population of the world.

Because 8 year old girls are much better supervillains than normal supervillains, but it's hard to come up with an excuse to make them be so evil. Plus, everyone loves zombies. If you don't love zombies for some inhuman reason, I'll settle for just an 8 year old girl who acts like a normal supervillain.
So does anyone have any ideas why the villain is evil?
An idea:
He/She is seeking immortality because of a fear of old age and inevitable death which has been instilled in him/her from a young age. This has led him/her to a study of magical ways of lengthening life in exchange for parts of his/her humanity. Building on Crystalgate's idea this leads to him/her searching for a magical way of giving him/her immortality without having to drain his/herself of their humanity (because eventually there won't be anything left to trade and he/she will die).
post=200817
Or the Villain can just have an inside man in the Hero's camp, who takes the arm willingly by both parties and delivers it to the villain. That's the problem with going roundabout to cater to a "post-death accomplishment"; it makes the plot somewhat unworkable.

That requires him to actually find that inside man whom the hero is willing to designate as the new user. But yes, my idea is a bit convoluted. There are indeed a lot of difficulties in figuring out a plan that requires you to be killed by someone specific to work.
Pages: first 12 next last