RMN LBP

Pages: first 12 next last
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.

This is kind of a videogame thread, kind of a game development thread. Treat it how you like:

This is a shout-out to LBP players to band together for some fun gadding about, arranging possible level-creation meets, or even just to add to your PSN friend list with like-minded Sacklings.

Hopefully we can get a list going of LBP players... I'll start things off!

Real (Sack)Men Network Players
-Dudesoft (Dudesoft)
-CharlesMugford (Lennon)
-NicoB7700 (NicoB)
-Terranigmas (Ark)
-CoffeeofJustice (ninjaalamode)
-Link_2112 (Link_2112)
-
hey i dont play with mens sacks, homie

But seriously I heard this game was pretty fun and I'm planning to pick up a PS3 soon. Should I get the first one or wait until the second
Wait, until the second one, for sure, Feld. The second one is basically just the first with a whole bunch of new shit added, such as the ability to make connected levels and even RPGs. I'm so stoked.

EDIT: Woah, what the fuck? I didn't know it was delayed. Damn, I was looking forward to playing it in November....

Oh and I have an LBP account.
My PSN is CharlesMugford, I play this every now and then. I think it could be interesting if we all like polled about stuff we want in a level, then randomly selected someone to make it. I don't know, something like that.
Dudesoft
t would be cool to try making a level with someone who coherently wants to make a level, instead of tossing tons of explosives in the air to see how much slowdown you can get.

Feld, I'd say wait for LBP2 as well... LBP1 is fun, and story levels are cool.... it's just that LBP2 is... well, to copy Media Moleculee's slogan....
LBP1 IS A PLATFORM GAME
LBP2 IS A PLATFORM FOR GAMES
being that you can really makee almost anything in LBP2, Whereas lbp1 is just a mario-esque.
Save yourself $60 .
The bad thing is I have to buy LBP2 now, and I only bought the first recently. Thats going to suck my money out of the bank... :(
Dudesoft
post=203546
Oh and I have an LBP account.
What's your PSN name?

post=203568
The bad thing is I have to buy LBP2 now, and I only bought the first recently. Thats going to suck my money out of the bank... :(
Avoid those DLC costumes! They cost a pretty penny and just end up cluttering your Popit... Level packs are worth it though. Pirates of Caribean & Metal Gear Solid packs anyway... MGS comes with a gun and I think Pirates has water.
As for any good costumes, Wolverine's costume is awesome. When you do angry face, his little claws come out.
if i had a ps3 i'd play it all the time. stephen fry <3
Dudesoft
Guy's I'm putting together a thread topic about making a level. Any suggestions for platforming stuff? I have a few ideas already and stuff, but it's all pretty bare bones at this point. This started as just a showcase of how easy the level creator is, to RMN folks. Might as well ask for RMN input!
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=203545
I'm planning to pick up a PS3 soon. Should I get the first one or wait until the second

what about that gamecube you were going to pick up hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I played this when I was babysitting it was amazing, nice level design and features. I didn't know the 2nd part was delayed that far ! But that was back in Australia so I can't join in, too bad D:
Dudesoft
I'm resurrecting this in lo of LBP 2.
On a side note: the upgrades to LBP in the sequel will blow you away. Especially when you start considering the level creation possibilities. If you're still playing LBP1 and this news doesn't have you quivering in your sackboots... Check out any of the Mm Pick levels to see how far people pushed the first system and reconsider the tools available in the demo! (Best new material is Jelly that explodes in a gooey display)

Anyway, shout out to RMNers to join together for some online play!
God damit I have to wait until tomorrow to pick my copy up, And LBPC has pretty much revealed everything :(

The good news is the Spaceman Suit is back up for a week for those who missed it when LBP 1 launched (but i'm sticking with my Dragon Knight costume with the glowing glitch skin)
This game is amazing. Without a doubt. I've already beaten the single player. Now I'm just waiting for people to turn out some slick multiplayer levels (I don't really have time to make my own and I've gotta focus on my game here).

EDIT: Oh, and NicoB7700 is my account.
Dudesoft
Gongo I almost guarantee you will change your tune when you start unlocking the new threads... They are just the coolest things. The best yet is Disco fabric that changes colour continuously... Or the Wood Knight outfit from world 1. No more spoilers... But DAMN there's some cool outfits!
Holy crap, someone made a tower defense game and it's awesome. Galactic Defense. It's already an MM Pick.
Dudesoft
Aha I knew it would be quick! We should start a list of levels that are must-plays!
If you find a great level (no H4H or survival) post the name and creator name.
Good playing with ya Dudesoft. Yeah, this game is totally amazing. It's been only a week and people are already making tower defense and shooter games. By the way, that blast radius is amazing single player. It gets ridiculously hard too (I always die around 39000 points). Can't wait to see more new levels! :D
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
my PSN is Terranigmas the only game I play on the PS3 is LBP2 add me.
Dudesoft
Yeah I was playing some other user games and they weren't as good but so far nothing terrible! I even dinked around in the editor a bit and made a multiplayer level (almost done) using a paintgun mega canon hat I tossed together. Should be ready soon... The improved level editor is wicked and the new tools really open the possibilities right away. Loving it!
Pages: first 12 next last