GAME DRIVE - WEEK 01

LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
My game:

Pretty basic, single party member, customizable. (buy skills, stat points)

You have to seve the world. i dont know what you have to save it from yet. Theres alot of "make up as i go along" involved. IMROVISATION!!! woo!
post=ldida1
IMROVISATION!!! woo!

lol I feel the same way, sort of. I had an idea like mine for a while now though, so I have a small grasp of what I'm doing.
If I can, I want my game to have a sea monster that I drew in there. But I dread spriting it! And he's so cute!
LEECH
post=Everguard
post=ldida1
IMROVISATION!!! woo!
lol I feel the same way, sort of. I had an idea like mine for a while now though, so I have a small grasp of what I'm doing.

i have a basic skeleton of a plan.
post=ldida1
post=Everguard
post=ldida1
IMROVISATION!!! woo!

Yeah, plot improvisation is almost never a good thing when you don't have characters.
LEECH
post=psy_wombats
post=ldida1
post=Everguard
post=ldida1
IMROVISATION!!! woo!
Yeah, plot improvisation is almost never a good thing when you don't have characters.

its funny cause its true.
Did a lot of work polishing an old story today. I got some actual game stuff done mainly the title:

I was wondering if I should go without the diagonal bars behind the faces, or with them. Without them it looks pretty empty, but since I only have Paint and Character Maker 1999 I can't really get it to look that much better... :(
post=Lennon
I was wondering if I should go without the diagonal bars behind the faces, or with them. Without them it looks pretty empty, but since I only have Paint and Character Maker 1999 I can't really get it to look that much better... :(

Diagonal bars looks better, but you could try arranging the faces horizontally or something. Right now it just looks a bit awkward because there's no transition between one face and then next. Maybe not horizontal, but, something else anyway...
post=Crystalgate
I think I'll use VX for this one. I usually prefer XP, but for this one VX fits better. There is one problem though, VX doesn't have battlers for main characters since you don't see them in battle. It's a problem because you will be able to fight the other party members later for story reasons.

Use the YEM battle system here: http://wiki.pockethouse.com/index.php?title=Yanfly_Engine_Melody.

My game is a roguelike about a man that wakes up to find everyone on earth gone. There are no people only monsters that roam around at night and in the dark. The gameplay involves finding clues as to what happened to the world's people and staving off hunger and thirst while battling brutally tough creatures in the dark.
post=psy_wombats
post=Lennon
Diagonal bars looks better, but you could try arranging the faces horizontally or something. Right now it just looks a bit awkward because there's no transition between one face and then next. Maybe not horizontal, but, something else anyway...

I suppose I could try horizontal, or leave the faces out all together. I kind of wanted to have the title off-center though. I'll think of something...
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=Lennon

How do you pronounce LFDAIYA?
LouisCyphre
LEECH
post=ChaosProductions
derp

lolz
LouisCyphre
what is so funny about a double post; they happen all the time

(I am telling Lennon to fix his font; his E has been gnawed on)
post=ChaosProductions

I think he interpreted your "derp" to mean you realized that you were mistaken about the reading. I thought so as well.

But that font coloration does need fixing.
Yeah, I could stand to do over that fire BG, I didn't realize I got a black piece on to the letters until you pointed it out. I should be able to fix up the title pretty well now. Thanks!

EDIT:

I think it looks pretty good now. Plus, you're only gonna look at the title for like 2 seconds anyways.
post=Coy13
post=Crystalgate
I think I'll use VX for this one. I usually prefer XP, but for this one VX fits better. There is one problem though, VX doesn't have battlers for main characters since you don't see them in battle. It's a problem because you will be able to fight the other party members later for story reasons.
Use the YEM battle system here: http://wiki.pockethouse.com/index.php?title=Yanfly_Engine_Melody.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
@lennon: love the new title. I can clearly read the logo and all that jazz
LEECH
post=psy_wombats
post=ChaosProductions

I think he interpreted your "derp" to mean you realized that you were mistaken about the reading. I thought so as well.

But that font coloration does need fixing.

Thats exactly what i ment.