WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Urban dictionary claims that it's supposed to be a man kneeling. Representing failure. Also, it could stand for "Out to lunch."
author=Alichains
Urban dictionary claims that it's supposed to be a man kneeling. Representing failure. Also, it could stand for "Out to lunch."

"Representing failure" THAT ONE it's representative of my shame and self-depreciation.

really at this point i need to make an OTL infographic because this is defs not the first time such a thing has been hotly debated >__>
author=Max McGee
author=Kiana
Would someone mind telling me what 'OTL' means?
it is supposed to look like a lady bending over to take it in the butt, I think

I don't see it myself

hahahahahaha

On topic: I'm still procrastinating under the guise of doing concept art. I think I'm intimidated by the engine, to be honest. I've really tried to plan a basic first game but even the simplest mechanics of Ace I do not yet know. SO... I oughta do something about that.
author=suzy_cheesedreams
On topic: I'm still procrastinating under the guise of doing concept art.

Same here, though replace 'concept art' with 'battler art.' I drew a crappy slime. That means I technically worked on my game today. I also drew one more cutscene portrait, but that doesn't mean much when I need a minimum of four per character and I'm still on the first character.

Drew a slime because it was the only thing I could draw. Every time I tried to draw a circle, I made a triangle. My wrist kind of hates me right now.

Got around to importing music files, too. Nearly 70 MB, so I need to allocate some time to trimming the list down to make it a little more manageable.
I know that feeling. It took me years to even make a complete game, and I pretty much had to rush through it just so I could go through all the motions of game design before I tackled a serious project.
Heh well I'm planning around two games right now, alternating between them, both are intended to be reasonably short and simple in design with the art, story and music to take more importance - I tried from the start sort of to work with my skills rather than against them. I've worked on the story of one since last year, and the other from a few months ago. But also I get easily distracted by doing drawings of the characters that aren't actually for the game itself instead of doing, you know, tilesets and other things that are vital to the construction of the goddamned game haha.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=emmych
really at this point i need to make an OTL infographic because this is defs not the first time such a thing has been hotly debated >__>

Or you could just say "dammit" instead.
Should there be a puddle of tears on the ground beneath the face?
Finally doing some eventing/dialogue for my game after months of not doing it, holy crap. And it took me almost all day just to do dialogue for one room, and there's still 2 more rooms left in this dungeon ugh. Maybe I'm rusty at this, or maybe I'm just very picky about how the dialogue will flow. Probably both! Monsters/bosses are the last thing for me to worry about with these dungeons, but I still need to revamp Pandaemonium and Hollowed Caverns...need to get more stuff for my Pandaemonium tileset though.

I HAD to make beta5 be the biggest in terms of story, didn't I? Ho boy...oh well! I got overly ambitious with this project, but it WILL get done one day! One day...
author=LockeZ
author=emmych

Or you could just say "dammit" instead.

but OTL feels so good
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=emmych
don't look at me don't touch me don't climb into my shamecube dammit dammit damit

no it's a game about hunting vampires

dammit dammit dammit

*hides in vampire loving shamecube*

MY LOVE FOR VAMPIRES WILL NEVER FALTER DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT

It's gonna be real short, though, since ah-hahahahahahahahhahaha mAKING A LONG ASS GAME..... I'M ALREADY DOING THAT DAMMIT
OTL still feels better. 'dammit' just makes me think of yuri lowenthal whom i am siCK AND TIRED OF

...AND TO STAY ON TOPIC i worked on knitting today. also i fixed some kinks in grandma game plot? i figured out the whole thing yesterday, but it was still p clunky! i ended up fixing a lot of the problems today, so that felt good. nwn
ALSO I WORKED ON MAPPING that was a fun time.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
i feel you on the vampires, emmych. in fact the plot's kinda similar to the uni game I just finished up, though the cast is switched around (mc is trying to rescue her unrequited cougar crush while dragging along her bookish disabled friend)

anyway i am in 3d hell

I usually get up to making the basic body shape or head shape and quit but my dream job is working for Naughty Dog and if I want to work for Naughty Dog I need to get reaaaaal good at 3D

and maybe make a few jak and daxter fangames
LockeZ
Finally my Final Fantasy MUD is getting a Midgar Sector 6 area, which means I get to code the BEST ENEMY EVER TO APPEAR IN A VIDEO GAME

set_name("Hell House");
set_id("house", "hell", "hell house");
set_creature_type(({"machine"}));
set_proper_name("Hell House");
set_in_room_desc("A totally inconspicuous Hell House invites you into its gaping maw with a welcome mat.");
set_long("Almost like some sort of attempt to lure in unsuspecting humans as prey, this ridiculous monster is shaped like a
small wooden house with a red roof. It's badly lopsided, it's barely taller than a person, and it bounces and wiggles
uncontrollably as it moves slowly down the road. Its front door has teeth. Totally normal. Anyone could easily mistake
it for a real building.");

author=LockeZ
Finally my Final Fantasy MUD is getting a Midgar Sector 6 area, which means I get to code the BEST ENEMY EVER TO APPEAR IN A VIDEO GAME

set_name("Hell House");
set_id("house", "hell", "hell house");
set_creature_type(({"machine"}));
set_proper_name("Hell House");
set_in_room_desc("A totally inconspicuous Hell House invites you into its gaping maw with a welcome mat.");
set_long("Almost like some sort of attempt to lure in unsuspecting humans as prey, this ridiculous monster is shaped like a
small wooden house with a red roof. It's badly lopsided, it's barely taller than a person, and it bounces and wiggles
uncontrollably as it moves slowly down the road. Its front door has teeth. Totally normal. Anyone could easily mistake
it for a real building.");

OMG. I forgot that that enemy existed. XD

Why and how does this thing exist in Midgar?! What, someone dipped a house in MAKO, and it mutated into a Monster House, or what?
author=LockeZ
Finally my Final Fantasy MUD

I'm curious, but also... concerned?

author=Aegix_Drakan
Why and how does this thing exist in Midgar?!

Shinra's attempt at solving the homeless problem?
Clearly it was for assassinations. No one would ever suspect a sentient house to attack them.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
heavy gif alert (i changed it again, the user below has the old background)

I was looking at my own title screen script and came to realization that I could have images cycle through each other, like in a gif. The title logo text is already animated, so I thought why not let the background be as well?

So, I took my background, applied a watery ripple effect, and exported each frame of the animation as a separate file, and am currently working on making it transition on the title screen like it does on the gif I assembled for your viewing. i am concerned about it being a choppy transition though
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Adon237
heavy gif alert

I was looking at my own title screen script and came to realization that I could have images cycle through each other, like in a gif. The title logo text is already animated, so I thought why not let the background be as well?

So, I took my background, applied a watery ripple effect, and exported each frame of the animation as a separate file, and am currently working on making it transition on the title screen like it does on the gif I assembled for your viewing. i am concerned about it being a choppy transition though
Ah yes, I know a few cool ways you could do it, firstly, there's the obvious standard (show picture 1, then do that again for a different frame between 1/2/3/4 frame waits.) but there's also with Modern Algebra's Animated picture script, where you assemble the frames into a strip with a special filename (something like % Title Backing.png), which will make it render each frame by it's supposed width (640 or w/e) per amount of frames specified. (2 in the example, giving it the 30 FPS look.)

As for me? Giving some eager testers the Press-release build of Menagerie: Remastered.
author=Kiana
author=Aegix_Drakan
Why and how does this thing exist in Midgar?!
Shinra's attempt at solving the homeless problem?

I swear to GOD, I would still be laughing my ass clean off my chair and nearly onto the floor (Like I'm doing now) if I wasn't currently tipsy as hell. That's hilarious and I offer you full marks and a dozen high fives. XD