Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=unity
Has Soul Sunder been featured yet? If not, I'd recommend it ^_^
I'll back that recommendation.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=unity
Has Soul Sunder been featured yet? If not, I'd recommend it ^_^

I support this thought with my review if that matters at all.
I'll recommend April was a Fool. It’d be perfect for May. (Get it? Because the main character’s name is May.)

Also, Soul Sunder isn’t a bad choice and probably deserves it more since it’s been completed for a long time now and has been highly requested in the past. I haven’t played as of yet, but you guys sure seem to talk quite highly of it - so maybe it should get its chance. Either way, I can’t complain.
April was a Fool is getting enough attention as is. I'd probably 3rd SS.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Congrats to April was a Fool! Now that I have some free time I really ought to check it out.
I couldn't pass up the whole 'May' thing.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I'd like to recommend The Book of True Will for next month's feature.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I'm extremely flattered by that suggestion, and part of me would love to see it happen - but if I'm completely honest I do not think The Book of True Will is a good enough game to be justifyable as a Feature. There are a lot of games on RMN that deserve to be featured more.
At least, that's my perspective.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Red_Nova
I'd like to recommend The Book of True Will for next month's feature.

Ooooh, yeah! Good choice! ^_^ I quite enjoyed that one!
Red_Nova
author=NeverSilent
I'm extremely flattered by that suggestion, and part of me would love to see it happen - but if I'm completely honest I do not think The Book of True Will is a good enough game to be justifyable as a Feature. There are a lot of games on RMN that deserve to be featured more.
At least, that's my perspective.

Your opinions on this matter are duly noted and immediately rejected.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Fair enough. ^_^
Ultimately it's not my decision anyway.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I haven't seen it in the featured games list, and I'm not sure if it's been suggested, but let me recommend COATS. Every other game I like has already been featured.
Hmm, maybe not next month, but I think Desert Nightmare and Schuld deserve to be featured. I mean, featured games can be games with many downloads, right?
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Yeah, but I mean it's kind of our chance to use the featured spot to give spotlight to games who might not be garnering as much attention as they could be. Think of the awesome little complete game that nobody notices because it doesn't have flashy screenshots or is well-known. What I'd like to see is for someone to dig out some gem from the rough to put it up as Featured, to let people realize how good it really is.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
We generally like to feature horror games in October, though this isn't a hard, fast rule.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=nurvuss
...demo that feels like a "Best of SaGa" compilation.

SaGa 4
Red_Nova
author=CashmereCat
Yeah, but I mean it's kind of our chance to use the featured spot to give spotlight to games who might not be garnering as much attention as they could be. Think of the awesome little complete game that nobody notices because it doesn't have flashy screenshots or is well-known. What I'd like to see is for someone to dig out some gem from the rough to put it up as Featured, to let people realize how good it really is.

I thought that's what the Hidden Gem spotlight was for?

I recommended the Book of True Will because it really had a lasting effect on me, which is something that can't be said of a lot of other games (on RMN and otherwise). The download count had nothing to do with it; I truly thought it deserved the be featured.

I actually haven't played (or even heard of) Desert Nightmare before now, so I couldn't recommend it. It looks good, though, so I'll check it out at some point.
I can't speak for The Book of True Will, but Desert Nightmare wasn't that great. I think because of its genre appeal and graphics, it could be featured, and while the chase sequences are pretty engaging, most of the game consists of "find the key to open the door to the storage room which contains another key which opens a wardrobe back at another house that then has a flashlight that you need in order to shine a light in a hole to find another key which then opens the door..." Because of this, the "item puzzles" never really act as "puzzles" and instead just act as reasons to walk around the town a bunch.

The storyline also had some unintentional laugh-out-loud moments, like when a mine cart slowly rolls towards you and then a crazed miner pops out. It also contains a sprite sex scene, which are always worth some laughs. Basically, it's a B-horror movie turned into a game, which simultaneously makes it worth featuring and not worth featuring, so take your pick.