THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
You people... Look at what you've done!

Seriously, though, thank you all so much. I still don't think it's deserved, but in this case, I'm not unhappy that I'm apparently in the minority with my opinion.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=Sated
Oh great. Now I'm two games behind in my reviewing of Featured Games...

I should clearly stop gam making so hard!

clearly that's what you're doing ;)
unity
You're magical to me.
For December, I think Brave Hero Yuusha is an excellent oldschool game with a twist that could definately use more love ^_^
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=unity
For December, I think Brave Hero Yuusha is an excellent oldschool game with a twist that could definately use more love ^_^

*cough cough*

*cough cough cough cough cough*

*cough cough*

*cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough*

*cough*
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
I think either of those are good suggestions. =)

Both Free Spirits and Grist of Flies would be good suggestions as well, when they're finished, but they're both still being worked on.
That, or one of the IGMC games. Or, hey, Super Pantito.
Remember a few years ago when we were like "Fuck, there's no games left. All the good ones have already been featured"?
CashmereCat
author=Dyhalto
Remember a few years ago when we were like "Fuck, there's no games left. All the good ones have already been featured"?

Times have been good for the gam mak lately.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
BHY. LA can be Jan 2016.
author=Luchino
BHY. LA can be Jan 2016.
YEAH I'm with unity and Luchi on this one! I say give LA time to hammer out any remaining bugs that may have made it past the final testing and wait for the hype to die down a lil bit before ramping the hype back up again. <W<

...because really like, if there is a thing I have learned: releasing a thing and then IMMEDIATELY having a bunch of spotlight on it before you've fixed those inevitable release bugs is wicked stressful. OTL

Also, like, idk: if unity wanted to wait until February, LA is a great game for Valentine's Day month if I ever saw one. So much love in that game... ;___; <3 (also i frickin finished it like 5 days ago and i haven't gotten off my butt to write up any kind of "AND THIS IS WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT YOUR COOL GAME" yet huff huff I NEED TO DO THAT B< )
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
My sense of irony says Last Minute Gift for December.
CashmereCat
I love Last Minute Gift, it's one of my favourite games on this site. I just didn't think many others would love it as much as I did <3
unity
You're magical to me.
I am so flattered and thankful to have so many of you recommending Luxaren for the next featured game, but it got an overwhelming amount of attention on release and has been on the Buzzing Games section for over a week, so I feel like another game needs and deserves the spotlight right now. ^_^

author=emmych
author=Luchino
BHY. LA can be Jan 2016.
YEAH I'm with unity and Luchi on this one! I say give LA time to hammer out any remaining bugs that may have made it past the final testing and wait for the hype to die down a lil bit before ramping the hype back up again. <W<

...because really like, if there is a thing I have learned: releasing a thing and then IMMEDIATELY having a bunch of spotlight on it before you've fixed those inevitable release bugs is wicked stressful. OTL

Yeah, I found both bugs and some small storyline issues even several days after release, so who knows what else has yet to be found that needs to be fixed XD;;;;

author=emmych
Also, like, idk: if unity wanted to wait until February, LA is a great game for Valentine's Day month if I ever saw one. So much love in that game... ;___; <3 (also i frickin finished it like 5 days ago and i haven't gotten off my butt to write up any kind of "AND THIS IS WHAT I THOUGHT ABOUT YOUR COOL GAME" yet huff huff I NEED TO DO THAT B< )

;______; I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR WHAT YOU THOUGHT! THANKS SO MUCH FOR PLAYING!
Goodness, I'm really pleased to hear that Brave Hero Yuusha is getting some buzz. I'm happy it has left an impression on people even two months later!

I also just started playing Luxaren. Unity and the crew definitely deserve a spotlight/feature from what I've played of it so far :)
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Sated
Sigh.

The featured game isn't/shouldn't be about spotlight. It should be about showing off the best we have to offer. If the best we have to offer has already got a lot of attention then so be it; it isn't a feature for people who come here enough to know the popular games, it is a feature for those who land here by accident and only use the featured game to judge the whole damn community.

And if there's an abundance of high quality games to choose from, then why not give the next spot to a game that hasn't gotten as much attention?

author=SgtMettool
Goodness, I'm really pleased to hear that Brave Hero Yuusha is getting some buzz. I'm happy it has left an impression on people even two months later!

I also just started playing Luxaren. Unity and the crew definitely deserve a spotlight/feature from what I've played of it so far :)

Thanks a lot, Sgt! ^_^