WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH SQUARES? (DUNGEON EDITION)

Pages: first 1234 next last
People often accurately complain about the RPGVX Run Time Package Chipset.
I wonder what we could do with it if we all tried our hardest.

DUNGEON EDITION

Theme
The theme of this contest is to make an dungeon of sorts out of just he RPGVX RTP chipset.

Description
This contest will run similarly to the original "VX RTP MAPPING CONTEST". Make a map within the rules, submit it, and win! The difference is that this contest will be judged rather than having users vote, and once all the dungeons are finished, the selected ones will be compiled into one big game along with the maps from a contest being run by ShortStar: "What can you do with Squares: Town Edition".

Rules
-The dungeon must be created in RPG Maker VX.
-One submission per person.
-You may only use the A-E tileset that come's with the RPGVX Run Time Package.
NOTE: This means the DEFAULT RTP, not the Samuri package.
-The pass ability settings of tiles MAY NOT be changed!
-You may use parallax backgrounds, but only the defaults.
-No overlays
-Each dungeon must have 1 theme: (cave, mine, dungeon, volcano, icecave, grotto, sewer, swamp, mountain, forest, mansion)
-Each dungeon must have 3 floors each 50x50. (This means making three separate maps!)
-Each floor must include water, a pit or lava according to what theme you chose
-Each dungeon must have an entrance and an exit (crystal, teleporter, doorway, portal, staircase)
-The random dungeon generator may be used, but is frowned upon. Just using the generator and calling it done does not count as a submission. If you use the generator you must build off of it in some way.
-You may have extra maps with secret rooms in the dungeon. These maps must be no bigger than 17x13 tiles.

Participants&Submissions
-blademage1234
-ShortStar

This contest is officially canceled.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
For a moment, I mistook this for the other thread!
author=ZPE
So who won the last one?

Seeing that Rhyme has 14 votes, I'm pretty certain we know who the winner is. I have to wait until the end of the day to make it official though, because the voting period doesn't really end until midnight.
I had a feeling Rhyme would win.

So about this dungeon contest? Do we really want a dungeon that's only a screenshot big?

The map must be 20x16 or 17x13 tiles.

Not a fun dungeon.
author=ShortStar
I had a feeling Rhyme would win.

So about this dungeon contest? Do we really want a dungeon that's only a screenshot big?

The map must be 20x16 or 17x13 tiles.

Not a fun dungeon.

I forgot to edit the rules from the other contest. I just copied it and added a few things.
There should be a maximum height and width otherwise there might be maps that are 500 x 500.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Three separate screens, 50 X 50 tile minumim...

I'm guessing there's going to be quite a bit of hide-taggage for this?
author=Marrend
Three separate screens, 50 X 50 tile minumim...

I'm guessing there's going to be quite a bit of hide-taggage for this?

Time for some more rule editing.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
Uhhg.. must resist the temptations and focus on my game..

Screw it, how does one sign up for this?
Throw your hat into the ring TehGuy. Just say I proclaim that I'm entering or something... or what you do is do it :-) Then say ok done!
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=ShortStar
Throw your hat into the ring TehGuy. Just say I proclaim that I'm entering or something... or what you do is do it :-) Then say ok done!

..what if.. I'm not wearing a hat D:

Anyway, I'll get something done before the day's done, then figure out it sucks and spend the weekend fixing/improving everything and ultimately have it take longer than planned :p
Well at least one person is interested.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
cause I missed the last "what can you do with squares" :<

And if im the only one then I win, eh (so let's not bump this thread :p)

But just you wait.. more people will join cause I can't win :3
So should people be keeping their map files???
So something like this??

I have to add some more rules about use of the random dungeon generator.
author=Fallen-Griever
I'm guessing that people can do just as little with squares as the last time you did this...

Pretty much, but people liked the last contest, and ShortStar and I thought we would make a couple more so we could compile them into a game.
Pages: first 1234 next last