RMN4 INCOMING

Pages: first 1234 next last
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
So the latest version of rpgmaker.net (“RMN4”) is ready to go live on September 5th, 2011. We were not able to creep in all the features that we were initially planning, but there are considerable updates to site functionality and a fresh coat of paint. We will continue to implement new features post-release via DLC.
So a brief look at what is new:

- New layout with additional content visibility, including a “buzz meter” to highlight games with lots of activity based upon metrics such as downloads, comments, reviews, etc. Buzz will decay after a period of time to ensure the information is always current.

- Redesigned list pages for reviews, blogs, etc. to for better organization and relevance.

- A new media tab for gameprofiles to allow users to submit music, trailers, Lets Plays series, etc. to gameprofiles. Note: any user can submit media to a game.

- Engine pages have been updated to act more like gameprofiles, including the ability to host utilities and patches. In the future this will be used to update the engine pages with up-to-date information on our supported engines.

- A scripts section to support RPG Maker XP/VX and other relevant engines.

- Gameprofile options to share the content on popular websites (Facebook, reddit, etc.)

- Blogs are now sorted into user-selected categories such as announcements, game design, progress reports, etc.

- Achievement are now viewable with a list of used who have earned them.

- Lots of bugfixes, tweaks, and refinements to existing systems (some of which were already stealth added to the live site).

- New admin tools.

- Gamepages no longer use the "date available" field to determine visibility - games can now be marked public / private

-You can delete multiple PMs in your inbox similar to how the locker deleting works

-You can sort your lock based on file size

-Event management tweaks (you can remove team members and leave an event)

-Resubmit some deleted / denied submissions (games/reviews/articles/tutorials/scripts)

-Edit reviews/articles/tutorials/scripts when viewing them (instead of having to go to your submissions history)

-Filter your submissions by submission type

-You can now edit forum topics / titles

-Added subscription management tools (you can unsubscribe from getting notices for comments/images/blogs/downloads)

-Fixed bug where if a developer set a download as for testers only it would also allow them to set it as a main download (it won't let you do this now)

-
[mp3][/mp3]
bbcode tag for the site (we'll teach you how to use it soon!)

-probably more!

We won’t pretend that RMN4 is 100% complete but we do feel it is time to push it live. Further changes will be made based upon user feedback and observations on how some systems are working. ankylo and kentona have invested a ton of time on this project so they have my appreciation. Hopefully the transition from the dev server to the live server goes well and everyone can peruse RMN4 on Labor day!
RMN4EVER!

These improvements look great. Now I'm really looking forward to labor day!
These features sound fantastic. Just wondering, do you have any screenshots of what the new front page will look like?
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
Wow that was fast. :o
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from rcholbert
We were not able to creep in all the features that we were initially planning, but there are considerable updates to site functionality and a fresh coat of paint.

As long as it's not anti-climbing paint, I'll be happy. ;P
Hurray! Sounds like a lot of good stuff.
Are you going to make it so that someone who uploads a game can "opt-out" of allowing other users to upload their own videos to it's page?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Great news!
author=rcholbert
- Gameprofile options to share the content on popular websites (Facebook, reddit, etc.)

I love this :). And definitely also welcome all other features as well :)
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
- A scripts section to support RPG Maker XP/VX and other relevant engines.
Yay! Now I better attempt to do something good.

- New admin tools.
Evil.
- bbcode tag for the site (we'll teach you how to use it soon!)
isn't that the stuff that RMRK or RPGRPG revolution uses
author=Demicrusaius
Are you going to make it so that someone who uploads a game can "opt-out" of allowing other users to upload their own videos to it's page?
Nope.

It is modeled after Reviews. You can't opt out out of getting reviews, either. Of course, Media submissions do go through the submission queue. (even for your own stuff - I didn't get a chance to have it automatically accept media submissions for your own games)

author=NicoB
These features sound fantastic. Just wondering, do you have any screenshots of what the new front page will look like?
You can't wait like 3 days?

also, one more thing:
-makerscore values have been tweaked.
Don't be shocked if your makerscore value changes on Tuesday.
I'm very curious. But I won't judge anything before I'll see the whole thing.
Adon237
author=kentona
author=Demicrusaius
Nope.

It is modeled after Reviews. You can't opt out out of getting reviews, either. Of course, Media submissions do go through the submission queue. (even for your own stuff - I didn't get a chance to have it automatically accept media submissions for your own games)

author=NicoB
You can't wait like 3 days?

also, one more thing:
-makerscore values have been tweaked.
Don't be shocked if your makerscore value changes on Tuesday.

How have makerscore values been tweaked? Will it go down?
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
How have makerscore values been tweaked? Will it go down?

I would presume that some markerscores like kentona's will go up, while others meaning everyone else's will go down.
I have the list of changes somewhere.... but the things I remember are Images are now worth 1 ms, and you get more ms for writing a review, and that strange gap between a 3 star game and a 3.5 star game has been closed.

Makerscores should be going up.
Adon237
Well, people will want to post images like crazy! I liked the idea of images = 0 ms.
So all of my current images will give me a boost in makerscore.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Ohh sweet. I post pictures like crazy anyway. That's probably another 100 makerscore.
*me fist pumps* quadruple digits baby!
author=Adon237
Well, people will want to post images like crazy! I liked the idea of images = 0 ms.
So all of my current images will give me a boost in makerscore.
people can do a lot of things like crazy to get makerscore.

(I wish people would post good reviews like crazy, for example).
Pages: first 1234 next last