CELEBRATE RMN4 AND MEDIA SUBMISSIONS! MAKE A TRAILER!

Pages: first 12 next last
Alright with the launch of RMN4 and all the nifty new things (and the not-so-nifty occasional bug) and especially the new media thingamajig where you submit and get makerscore for making completely superficial things related to your game!

This calls for a celebration. And what celebration would be better than to make a trailer for your (or someone else's) game?

So the idea is this. I'm sort of creating an event here. Where the objective is to... make a trailer. That is a short movie about your game, selling it to an audience or just having a bit of fun related to your game.

Of course it doesn't HAVE to be your game. You can also make a fantrailer of someone else's game. (that's probably what I'd do, since I don't really have much in the way of games)

The rules are as follows:
1) Make a trailer for a game
2) Upload it to youtube
3) Post it in this topic
4) Submit it to the game it applies to
5) Watch the huge amount of Makerscore flow into your account

So who's up for this? I'm thinking maybe a week-long deadline or something. Should be enough to whip up a trailer.

EDIT: Man the all caps forum title together with those exclamation marks makes this topic look really crazy...
For those of us not keen on video editing (mainly just me in all likelihood), what software do you recommend for:
a) video capturing
b) video editing

??
Camstudio is fairly nice. Most windows machines also come with Windows Movie Maker which (although not the most professional or beloved) is pretty okay at doing most useful stuff.

For sound recording I recommend Audacity.

In Vista and onwards there might be some trouble recording the sound of programs running (that is the sound of the game), depending on your soundcard there might be a bunch of solutions. If you're willing to shell out moneys, FRAPS supports the recording of sounds from games without having to go through the hassle of enabling or disabling stuff.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I use Debut Video Capture Software to initially record the videos, and then Windows Movie Maker to convert them to a reasonable file size (and splice or add effects if necessary) before uploading them to Youtube. Debut Video Capture is free, and Windows Movie Maker comes free with Windows XP and higher. Neither applies any sort of watermark. I vastly prefer Debut Video Capture to Fraps or Camstudio, actually.

Debut Video Capture also comes with a 30 day trial of some video editing software that is somewhat more powerful than Windows Movie Maker. I used it for 30 days and then went back to Windows Movie Maker because my needs are pretty simple.

See also this topic for more options.
OH.
SO.
TEMPTING.

I will see what I can do
I liked the Debut Video Capture Software because it had no watermark. I made these less than a week ago. (The menu one I made last night)

Here is the main commerical for the game:

Here are some of the menus in action with some brief explanations:
This is a Teaser video showing some of the work in progress on The Magnus Light.

Click this link to hop to my Game Page. http://rpgmaker.net/games/3375/
I'm makin' one for Super Doki Doki World and there's nothin' you can do about it!
One of my older trailers, dunno if I had it on RMN or not...

Phantasia 5 Trailer
I really enjoyed making that trailer. If anyone wants me to make them a commercial I would. I don't have XP or VX though, sorry.

author=obsorber
This is a Teaser video showing some of the work in progress on The Magnus Light.

Nice work. Whatever happened to Evanescence? I really liked them when the first got big. Their first album is worth checking out too.

author=J-Man
One of my older trailers, dunno if I had it on RMN or not... Phantasia 5 Trailer

Looks cool. I like how you've done the battle system. I'm gonna check that game out.
I've resubmitted my videos for my game translation, Seraphic Blue, and they are now in my gamepage :). In the meantime, do check them out below ^^

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year

Man this sucks. I only had clips from the beginning of the game so like whatever.
author=SorceressKyrsty
Man this sucks. I only had clips from the beginning of the game so like whatever.

I think this is a great trailer. When I saw it, I though, "Judge Dredd"

The trailer is currently in pending.
Thanks Demi. Your game is also looking swell. I'm checking out the game page now. I have no clue. They prob just went out of fashion. There's way too many bands and musicians now it's hard to keep up. I like Evanescence but not all their tracks which is why I thought it would fit well with the teaser.
I made a Hero's Realm fantrailer (or not quite fan since I've never played the game but what the hell) EDIT: Actually I have played the game but not for any length of time.

I even cheated and used a random clip from Deckiller's Let's Play.

It's not much of a trailer.
That was amazing shinan
Hey, for a fan trailer, Shinan -- that shit was pretty good! I bet that put a smile on your face, Kentona, for seeing that. Awesome stuff. :D

author=J-Man
One of my older trailers, dunno if I had it on RMN or not...

Phantasia 5 Trailer

How come I haven't seen this before? Good stuff, J-Man. :D
Pages: first 12 next last