RPG MAKER FOR THE SUPER FAMICOM (VIDEO)

Pages: first 12 next last

I recently purchased a complete copy of RPG Maker Super Dante, the first console release of RPG Maker software. I did a mini-review on it. I thought some of you might enjoy it!

For some reason, I opened this thread thinking of a headline : "Enterbrain announces release of new RPG Maker for the Super Famicon". We're a little past that console now.

I've seen Super Dante monsters used in RPGMaker games, so I can't imagine many people here are unfamiliar with it.
Wait, JFreedan has an RMN account?
it's not enough that he pollutes the rest of the internet, he has to come here to plug his poison too?

WIP, can you do me a favor and delete this fucker's account or something?
He's seriously bad news for the site.
Dude in the time, you've been away from the site WIP ragequitted on us. He doesn;t run this place anymore.
sad. Well Kentona then. Whoever's in charge now, I give you a friendly warning; every site that jfreedan has polluted with his presence, he has caused trouble in.

He isn't someone i'd recommend keeping around. I don't easily say this about anyone, either.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
Please take the personal dislikes and past history concerns to PM, Asalieri. No need to pre-emptively attack someone.
author=rcholbert
Please take the personal dislikes and past history concerns to PM, Asalieri. No need to pre-emptively attack someone.

do you allow ads for other people's videos here? Because that seemed to be the purpose here. No better than bots spamming ads for other websites.
Isn't this the guy who wants to be a Dragon??
author=Asalieri
author=rcholbert
do you allow ads for other people's videos here? Because that seemed to be the purpose here. No better than bots spamming ads for other websites.

Chill out. I liked it.

I used to have a ROM translation of this too, back in the day. Could never get it to do anything worthwhile, unfortunately. As an RPG Maker and a historian I appreciate the little window into this piece of RPG Maker history.
I still can't grasp the fact that console RPG Maker games are not only popular, they outnumber the PC releases!
author=Blitzen
author=Asalieri
author=rcholbert
Chill out. I liked it.

I used to have a ROM translation of this too, back in the day. Could never get it to do anything worthwhile, unfortunately. As an RPG Maker and a historian I appreciate the little window into this piece of RPG Maker history.

Hoo boy, if only you knew.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
It makes sense if you think about Sam. The console versions are so limited by comparison that they require constant updates for functionality and thus are a reliable source of revenue... kind of like the annual EA Sports releases. The PC versions are much more flexible and user-extensible and having more frequent releases would probably make the situation worse.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I thought that was interesting too.
author=Asalieri
WIP, can you do me a favor and delete this fucker's account or something?
He's seriously bad news for the site.

Oh yea, I'm bad news for a site about making computer RPGs.

Since I'm completely uninterested in your drama, this is the only time I'm going to respond to you here:

I'm a game journalist who specializes in RPGs. I also do a show called Investigating Anime where I interview industry guests at various anime cons.

The information on my channel is of value for anyone interested in game design, and a lot of my subscribers are game design students or people who work in game design. I myself have worked on the development side in the past. And while I don't currently use RPG Maker software, I was once an avid user of RPG Maker 95 waaay back when KanjiHack was still translating it and have been considering doing a feature on the history of the RPG Maker series.

And that's really all I have to say to you. Whatever other drama is between us has been said elsewhere and I am completely uninterested in continuing it here. That's not why I came here.

author=Blitzen
Chill out. I liked it.

Thanks, I'm glad some of you liked it. I kept debating whether I should get a Super Turbo File before doing the video but figured I would just follow up with showing a demonstration once I obtained Super Dante 2. I'm also considering doing some videos about the other versions of RPG Maker, in addition to a feature on the history of the series. I think more people should know about it. I can't remember which company it was (maybe NIS?) but I heard this company got its start in the market by making RPG Maker games and I'm sure there are some designers out there who started out with this software, too. It's something I plan to investigate as I expand my industry connections.

author=rcholbert
It makes sense if you think about Sam. The console versions are so limited by comparison that they require constant updates for functionality and thus are a reliable source of revenue... kind of like the annual EA Sports releases. The PC versions are much more flexible and user-extensible and having more frequent releases would probably make the situation worse.

I agree, the PC versions flexibility is a big strength. I think it's a shame Enterbrain doesn't offer more download packs and patches that provide new features to the RPG Maker software.
author=therpgfanatic
And that's really all I have to say to you. Whatever other drama is between us has been said elsewhere and I am completely uninterested in continuing it here. That's not why I came here.

Whatever. Just try not to cause any arguments/trouble in here. Unlike you, these people and myself truly do respect, care and know about the business.

I know who you are, therefore I have a preconceived notion of what's to come. It's always the devil you know.
author=Asalieri
author=therpgfanatic
Whatever. Just try not to cause any arguments/trouble in here. Unlike you, these people and myself truly do respect, care and know about the business.

I know who you are, therefore I have a preconceived notion of what's to come. It's always the devil you know.

Devil? I thought he was a Dragon....
lol, the guy in the last video with the white shirt (Gavin Longhurst, if you still don't know) looks like Gordon Ramsay.
Pages: first 12 next last