WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT? (GAME DEVELOPMENT EDITION)

If anyone wants to small talk about RPG Maker on skype, post or PM me and I'll PM my ID. Most of my old RM buddies have long since quit and I need so satisfy my RM needs.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Sated
An RMN Skype chat would be preferable to IRC for me.
Same here, I have a chat for the VX.netians. I'm hardcoded to dislike IRCs.

If no one else wants to, I could set it up, my skypename is bizarremonkey. Add me and I'll form us into something awesome.

I've got some experience running chats, like already mentioned I've been the one who organized the vx.net chat and I've also been running a Company through a collective chat. If everyone else is too lazy to initialize it, just add me on skype and I'll take care of it.

Some things to note, I'm not going to be any kind of strict moderator, and the only rules that will really matter are don't be an asshole just for the sake of it, this has been a successful strategy in the chats I've governed. Faffing about with vitriol and shit like that is fine, and encouraged usually.

On what I've been thinking about game dev wise... what boss mechanics to give Jolt and Hydro in 314th Clash.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
Uh, keep up. There's been an RMN skype group since the birthday event.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
So, for McBacon #2 gam, one of the things we're I'm trying to do is make a window that shows rewards that players get after defeating an enemy. Of course, we'd only want that window to be visible for a certain length of time.

I've been doing a bit of research on how to make a "wait(x)" function, but, so far, the only success I've had is that the game seems to suspend for x frames, then displays the window for (probably) one frame.

Suffice it to say, this is not how I want things to happen!
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Marrend: Make a @duration variable when you initialize the window.

Make an update method if the window doesn't already have one to itself, that looks like this:

def update
  super
  if @duration > 0
    @duration -= 1
  else
    self.x = Graphics.width
    self.dispose
  end
end

You get the idea. Windows have their update methods called every frame, so be careful what you put there. Simple math like this is no issue, of course, but don't redraw anything big every frame.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Anyone who wants into the RMN Skype chat: I'm FF3LockeZ on Skype, add me as a contact and I'll invite you to the group.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
how do you make monster closets fun
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You might have to define the term, since the general definition in video games (a sudden enemy appearance that's triggered by an invisible touch event to create a cheap scare) sounds like it would not apply to any game you would make
Porkate42
Goes inactive at least every 2 weeks
Idk if I should join the RMN skype group or not.
Sent a contact request - lightninglord.lad.lass is my skype name.
author=Craze
how do you make monster closets fun

Make it one of those pop-out clown heads. Hilarious!
Craze
LockeZ
You might have to define the term, since the general definition in video games (a sudden enemy appearance that's triggered by an invisible touch event to create a cheap scare) sounds like it would not apply to any game you would make

have you ever played ff2

i want to make that

but fun

with maids and literal closets

...this is the entirety of my idea
Porkate42
Goes inactive at least every 2 weeks
Sent you a FR on skype LockeZ, my name is pretty obvious at this point.

Though if it's voice/video chat count me out, I only do that to close friends.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I'm cool enough that Locke just added me and got me in the skype group.

Now you all have to put up with my bullbshit. For feareth greatest I, as I am woe.
Thinking about a puzzle which integrates the Horus and Set Mythos, the Egyptian creation Mythos and the city of Alexandria and how connect everything using architecture.
Craze
isn't there a game based on Set? called like... Set or something

sated, i'm offended. i am ALSO about bad puns in my games
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'm thinking about getting rid of the sub-division by chapters for Konae's Investigations. Though, maybe it's because Chapter 1 is so small in comparison to what I figure Chapter 2 might look like? I dunno. Maybe I'm just looking at the big picture of what needs to be done, and being overwhelmed by it all.