CALL TO ARMS! FOR WE ARE LEGION.

Pages: first 12 next last
I am looking for motivated individuals who would like to dedicate some of their time fostering the continued growth and development of our community.

I need a few "champions" to set a good example and lead others in site activity.

First off, I need some sifters who would be willing to sift through the site and unearth some hidden gems or rising stars and bring it to my attention, so that I may highlight it on RMN (like, say, on the frontpage). We all can do this, and maybe some of you already are for your own purposes, but I can't possibly comb through the entire site! I inevitably miss stuff! If you find something of interest, send me a PM.

Now for a few focused roles I identified that we could use:

Art champion - someone who can motivate people into participating in the fine arts. Maybe write a few tutorials or make forum events. This forum has also been my greatest source for Community Spotlights. (Dudesoft already does this on
his own a lot of the time - follow his lead!) Also, perhaps a Music Champ?

Engine Champions - I would like to see people take up the role of a leader in some of the engines. Especially some of the newer ones like Construct. Someone who will promote making games in these engines by writing tutorials, formulating events or contests, compiling resources or utilities, or just generally fostering activity related to that engine. I think having these champions could be a great boon for RMN in the long run.

Getting Started Champ - help new users. This champ or champs would quick to offer words of encouragement to new members seeking help. They'd also write some introductory tutorials for common engines, or run workshops and the like encouraging new development.

Review Champions - champs who take it upon themselves to write solid reviews. We had several of these in the past, and still have 1 or 2 left who really champion this, but we can always use more!

And I am sure there are many other gaps in our support structure that could use a champion, someone to bring to light shortcomings and, more than that, offer solutions and be a shining beacon in our community! I think this memberbase has a lot to offer over and above what we already do, so let's take it upon ourselves to prove it.

Over the past 4 years I have often taken it upon myself to lead by example. At first I started with simple forum games and discussion, and then wrote some game design articles because I saw a need, and wrote the SNEWS because things needed highlighting, and recorded podcasts because people wanted them, and made games because we are about making games, and organized events because people wanted to create and contribute, and more recently spearheaded the shit out of the RMN revamp to bring you RMN4. I gave a lot to this community and it has given me a lot back. And it is a great feeling.

Now it's your turn.
author=kentona
Getting Started Champ - help new users. This champ or champs would quick to offer words of encouragement to new members seeking help. They'd also write some introductory tutorials for common engines, or run workshops and the like encouraging new development.

I'm up for this! All I suggest is that there be more than one 'champ' for some categories to allow for discrepancies and busy times; i.e., in my case, my military duties may make things hectic for me at times. But I've been in this community a long time and you guys know how amped I can get about keeping morale up!
NOACCEPTANCE772
And the ability to summon the "Office Whores" to deal damage to the enemies.
Art champion
Have a look at these.

And yes,I drew all these using my mouse.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
That's really excellent, if you're going to be the art champion, rmn's art level could rise really high, good enough for a regular art class!
Hey I've been using RM2K/3 long enough to be confident in making basic tutorials. Count me in!
Man, I'm not a super big part of this community, but I'd just like to take this opportunity to say you are an unbelievably cool dude, kentona. ;__;
Reading this was mighty inspiring! <3
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Well, to follow up, I havent been here long, but I'm sure your "retiring" somewhat from the rmn scene will provoque big waves, hopefully not a tsunami! your friendly rather than admin's presence, though discreet, created a tie for many of us, and a smooth and kind ambiance on rmn; counting on seeing you around though off and on (that intro really sounded like a handing over, to what extent?).
Happy
Devil's in the details
I'm somewhat interested in idea of being a musics "champ", but then again I can't say that I am very qualified. I am still learning composing myself too, and there are composers more professional than myself around here.

I do have ideas for musics events and collaborations though.
I'll help out with reviews. I like doing it, and although I don't have a ton of time whenever I can I'll review a game that doesn't have a score yet so that I can be both a reviewer and sifter. :)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Just so we're clear, there aren't going to be any user titles or anything saying "I'M A CHAMPION," right? Because that sounds like a recipe for the last explosion that caused a great amount of people to leave. ...like me.
Someone should write an article on "What makes a review good"

author=Craze
Just so we're clear, there aren't going to be any user titles or anything saying "I'M A CHAMPION," right? Because that sounds like a recipe for the last explosion that caused a great amount of people to leave. ...like me.
Nope. I am just trying to motivate people to help make the site more awesomer.
I second the request for someone to write an article on how to write a good review!
author=chana
Well, to follow up, I havent been here long, but I'm sure your "retiring" somewhat from the rmn scene will provoque big waves.

Where in the world... Did you get this impression?
author=Archeia_Nessiah
author=chana
Well, to follow up, I havent been here long, but I'm sure your "retiring" somewhat from the rmn scene will provoque big waves.
Where in the world... Did you get this impression?

He thought Kentona was looking for people to sort of take over work rather than foster new work. Chana, I don't think he is planning on leaving or necessarily even cut back, just wanting to promote more quality work.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah I think chana just read way too much into:

author=kentona
I gave a lot to this community and it has given me a lot back. And it is a great feeling.

Now it's your turn.

-------

author=Hoddmimir
I second the request for someone to write an article on how to write a good review!
I call dibs on reviewing the article afterward.
OR DID HE? DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN.....
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
kentona you have tried to retire as often as I have ragequit this community

including that time you almost retired because I almost quit while raging at you
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Lol let's go fly a kite.
call me when you just need a champ B)
Pages: first 12 next last