Pages: first prev 12 last
author=geodude
call me when you just need a champ B)
you know I do.
We need Champions! We need Heroes!

Don't hate me. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just do these things. :(
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I'd like to get back into reviewing and be a review champ for RMN, but my plate's still full for the rest of this year, and it's not like I won't have other projects after that, too, so...

...I guess I'll do what I can, when I can. In other words, nothing has changed with me.
I had a draft about how to write usefulness-oriented reviews for both players and developers. Give me a few hours to revise it and I'll post it as an article.
I probably won't take more part than that in the "quest" though ^^
I would be willing to do some reviews, or if anyone needs some story ideas I would be willing to offer some advise, but that may be individual at best.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I feel almost like someone WANTED me to notice this topic.

I will make an effort to sift and CHAMPION REVIEWS.

Is there ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION (even if it's something dumb like makerscore, prestige, or a different colored user title)?
author=Hoddmimir
We need Champions! We need Heroes!

The Champ Is Here!

(Er...not me. I was talking more about Max McGee. He should be your champion. :D)
author=Max McGee
I feel almost like someone WANTED me to notice this topic.

I will make an effort to sift and CHAMPION REVIEWS.

Is there ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION (even if it's something dumb like makerscore, prestige, or a different colored user title)?
I will be rolling out various achievements for worthwhile site activity. Prestige will come of its own volition, as people take note of your efforts. There will be no different coloured user title though (I am not going there again!). (and you know my penchant for making play on words)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I figure the only way I'd be motivated to write reviews is if I was made a judge for an event, or something similar to that. I'm still a nobody, so I should be safe for a while?

There was a phase where I saw new projects and was like, "I should support this". Then they became cancelled from being over-ambitious. Anyway, I suppose I wouldn't mind doing that again.
I'll help out the newbies! I tend to look through all the new threads in the Help section, but I never write anything...

I also might (maybe) make some tutorials.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Do stuff to encourage people to work on what I enjoy working on? Yeah, I think I can do that.

Boss design contest incoming.
My "how to write a good game review" article has just been sent to kentona for a first review. LockeZ, you are the next in line.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
author=LockeZ
Do stuff to encourage people to work on what I enjoy working on? Yeah, I think I can do that.

Boss design contest incoming.

I actually really like this idea. Make it happen, LockeZ.
Engine Champions - I would like to see people take up the role of a leader in some of the engines. Especially some of the newer ones like Construct. Someone who will promote making games in these engines by writing tutorials, formulating events or contests, compiling resources or utilities, or just generally fostering activity related to that engine. I think having these champions could be a great boon for RMN in the long run.

Specifically, right now I am thinking we could use a Construct, Game Maker, and maybe a VX/XP champs.
My article "Guidelines for game reviewing" has just been made available.
Here is the link : http://rpgmaker.net/articles/585/
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
cHAMPION'D.

When I remembered that Solitayre was the editor, I went back and championed needless profanity too in the same review. : )
If my Secret Santa review goes over well, I will probably try to review at least one unrated game a month, in those months when I have sufficient spare time to do so.

I'd like to be more active here than I was back on GamingW, or at least more active in a positive capacity, but I'm probably not going to pursue "champion-hood" or anything... I'll just try to be a solid RMN citizen instead =)
Pages: first prev 12 last