BOSS BATTLE DESIGN CONTEST - KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have nine entries total. I have zipped them together into one 130 MB download, and am hosting it on my personal webspace since my locker is nowhere near big enough.

http://burger.sandwich.net/temp/Boss%20Battle%20Design%20Contest%20entries.zip

Some of the individual battles had names, like "The End is Near" and "Everything Ends". I decided this was a good idea, and gave names to the ones that didn't have names. Use those names when casting votes.

Keep in mind that some of these do have readme files. I recommend reading 'em.

Judging is done by you. Yes, if you're reading this entry, that means you. (Unless you're reading it way in the future after the contest is long since over.) People who entered the contest and people who didn't enter the contest are both eligible to cast their votes.

You can vote for as many games as you want. Each vote is worth one point. The game with the most points wins. Send your votes to me via rpgmaker.net mail. (Click on my name and then click "Send Message.")

I want to place down some guidelines for judging, though.
1) Read the original post. It says, and I quote, "The criteria for judging will be entirely based on gameplay. Is the boss battle too easy? Too complex? Does it get cheap kills? How much problem-solving is involved? How much sense does it make? How well does it adhere to the theme? Does it create an exciting and difficult but undoubtedly beatable and fair challenge?" Try to keep this stuff in mind when judging!
2) The original post also says, and I quote, "Graphics, animations, sound, music, etc. will not be judged and will not affect your score. Use the RTP or whatever you have lying around." I want to reiterate this for emphasis. You are not to let the battle's visual and audio presentation affect your judging. This is a gameplay contest, and gameplay is what we are judging here.
3) Don't vote if you didn't play all the entries. You don't have to win them all, but you do have to *try* to win them all.
4) Contestants are not allowed to vote for their own submissions. (It all evens out anyway if everyone votes for themselves.)

You have three days from the time of this post to cast your votes.
I would have liked to help judging, but I don't think I'll be able to complete any of them. °°
I finished all the entries, I will post it here or something if LockeZ will allow me to.

EDIT: I just sent my entry.

hey question about judging—

do you want just scores or do you want reasoning and opinions too. like if i wrote a few lines for each one explaining the score would you put that up with the scores or something?
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Sweet turnaround time, lockez.

my locker is big enough
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If you want to send more detailed feedback on any of the boss battles, that is awesome and I will post all such feedback when judging is done.
author=LockeZ
If you want to send more detailed feedback on any of the boss battles, that is awesome and I will post all such feedback when judging is done.

Then ill be sure to give very detailed info on all of them. I love writing when I actually want to write something.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Sent in my vote and all
author=Ocean
Sent in my vote and all

Ugh, you are one second ahead of me....
I actually managed to sat down and played them all...

And...I couldn't even beat one of these fuckers if I tried! Lol. Very nice work by all of you guys... And whoever made the Family Life boss battle...god damn is it ever so creepy without any music or images to speak of! If I could vote, that would probably be my fav. Good job, everyone.
author=Brent
And whoever made the Family Life boss battle...god damn is it ever so creepy without any music or images to speak of

So it's not a bug... °°
(Talking about bugs, I can't open the "The End is Near" game: it says it can't find the archive "protagonist1", or something like that. Am I the only one who had this problem?)
author=Brent
And whoever made the Family Life boss battle...god damn is it ever so creepy without any music or images to speak of
So it's not a bug... °°
(Talking about bugs, I can't open the "The End is Near" game: it says it can't find the archive "protagonist1", or something like that. Am I the only one who had this problem?)

Double post. :( Sorry.
LockeZ
"The End is Near" seems to require the RM2K3 RTP to work.

EDIT:
I went ahead and just fixed the RTP dependency myself. Now you guys can judge it for reals, I guess. Seems unfair to the person who made it to disqualify them just because they forgot to set the three vehicles to blank sprites.
If you were having trouble opening it before, you can download the fixed version here.
The end is now a little bit nearer.
author=LockeZ

EDIT:
I went ahead and just fixed the RTP dependency myself. Now you guys can judge it for reals, I guess. Seems unfair to the person who made it to disqualify them just because they forgot to set the three vehicles to blank sprites.
If you were having trouble opening it before, you can download the fixed version here.
I think it's more than just that, I tried to play and when I chose the focus command the game crashed and said something like "object no valido" or something like that.
The font also looks crap and I can't play it without squinting my eyes. And this is me having 2k and 2k3 font patch fixes
Rhyme
Tear Harvester Rhyme
author=LockeZ

EDIT:

I still get "No se puede abrir el archivo system?A " when attempting to open it. :(
LockeZ
Runs fine for me! Hmm. Yeah I dunno. If you don't have the RTP you're on your own. I said in the original post to make sure submissions included everything they need to run, and this one doesn't. If you can get it to run and you think it's worth your vote, I'll accept votes for it.

I would feel worse about giving up on it if the battle actually worked as intended once the program ran. But the main gimmick in the battle doesn't seem to actually work at all either. It's based around abilities and effects that say, in their descriptions, that they boost, lower, or depend on the INT of either your characters or the boss. But, uh... as far as I can tell, they don't. The battle events don't seem to work right. So, whatever. A shame, because if it actually all worked, it would be one of the ones that most closely fit the "Knowledge is Power" theme.
I've tried a few so far, and I think I've found two that are my favorites so far. I'll PM the votes once I've played them all ^_^

And yeah, I'm able to run "The End is Near" fine here. No font issues whatsoever.
"The End is Near" didn't work for me either. Gave me an error message in spanish. Too bad for him I guess.

As for the rest of them, a few of them were absolutely beautiful but we were judging on gameplay. Lots of these seems to be plucked from the middle of another project and they sort of fell flat without context. I sent in my notes.