RPG MAKER XP HELP. SPRITES TO BIG.

Pages: 1
Hey guy's I need some help here.

Other then needing nintendo tilesets I have a problem.
You know how the monsters have larger sprites and all. Well I've been trying to use my shredder sprite and baxter and sometimes I'll end up having to use 2 events to fit the sprite on the screen properly. How can I fix this. Are there larger grids?
This has been kind of my main problem.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
In RMXP, your sprites can be quite a bit bigger than the normal size without changing any settings or doing anything weird. RMXP will automatically split your sprite image into 4x4 equal sections for the 16 walking poses.

(There is a maximum size, but it's big - much bigger than a normal sprite. You won't have to worry about the max size unless you're making giant monsters or vehicles.)
I was wondering because, Baxter is in 2 parts and I want to make sure his second section goes away after you beat him etc. Oh Ok I finally remembered. Last time i tried to make a project I wanted the music to change after a certain point.
Say my characters go to a new area is it possible to change the battle music and victory theme?
Since each boss will have their own music this was a concern of mine.

Oh also can I zoom in on the map? For the game don't want the whole map visible all the time maybe 2x the normal camera zoom would be good is this possible? This is so the sprites appear better and aren't so tiny.

I feel like I'm begging for answers which i dislike but their are only so many faq's and guides for rpgmaker that are very clear.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Yeah, there's an event command that changes the system music, which includes battle, victory, and game over music. In RMXP I think it's on the first page of event commands, near the lower right.

Zoom is not a thing I know how to do. But, uh, the user can press Ctrl+Enter to go to fullscreen mode which is zoomed in. As far as changing the number of tiles visible on the screen, I think in RMVX you can add the lines:
Graphics.width = 320
Graphics.height = 240

near the beginning of the Main script. But in RMXP the syntax might be different, or it might not work. Experiment a little.

Sorry for the fuzzy answers, I'm out of town and don't have the maker in front of me. If these don't work for you, say so and someone else might be able to help you better.
author=LockeZ
Yeah, there's an event command that changes the system music, which includes battle, victory, and game over music. In RMXP I think it's on the first page of event commands, near the lower right.

Zoom is not a thing I know how to do. But, uh, the user can press Ctrl+Enter to go to fullscreen mode which is zoomed in. As far as changing the number of tiles visible on the screen, I think in RMVX you can add the lines:
Graphics.width = 320
Graphics.height = 240

near the beginning of the Main script. But in RMXP the syntax might be different, or it might not work. Experiment a little.

Sorry for the fuzzy answers, I'm out of town and don't have the maker in front of me. If these don't work for you, say so and someone else might be able to help you better.

Well I have to use XP. It's ok hanks for telling me the camera changes in fullscreen mode. I should probably try it out. Thanks for the information about the sound! Also I'm sure some other users will help as well.
LockeZ
Yeah, that information is for VX, but my point was that you should try it in XP and see if it works, or experiment with similar syntax and see if you can get it to work.
show us the sprite you're trying to use and a screenshot of what it looks like in-game.

This is baxter and this is him on the map next to player sprite samus and shredder and a mouser.

RMXP sprites need four frames horizontally and vertically—the program reads the image by automatically dividing the image by four. It's being cropped weird because your sprite sheet isn't arranged properly.

Use the sprites included in the RTP for reference.
Ok I don't need a whole sprite sheet for Baxter I just want him to fit in one box for selection so I don't have to make him into two separate events to fit him in game properly.

I know about the different angles it's just that shredder and Baxter are too large or two tall to fit the default character sprite I need a larger grid with bigger/taller boxes.
HOW DID YOU DO THAT ARE YOU A WIZARD! If all you used was paint then there is something I am doing wrong. IF yo didn't where didn't you find said grid?
THANK YOU.
i made that grid and it was like 2 minutes in photoshop
I remember saying this in the VX/XP topic.

author=Archeia_Nessiah
As for the conversion, what you should do is get the widthxheight and multiply those by the amount of frames they have. For example, 24x32

24*3(Frames) = 72
32*3 = 96

then grid them out by 24x32 and set the sprites there.
Then in VX, according to the helpfile:
If you put a "$" at the beginning of the file name, only one character per file will be used. In this case, the character size is 1/3 the width and 1/4 the height of the file. It is possible to use this in conjunction with the special symbol "!".

or what you could do is have a set size, like 200x200 and just grid them there.
I'm a layman Also I do not have photo shop I am using paint. I'm gonna need to get a image of baxter and the other boss/ monsters that does not have a background/ a cutout of a picture.
So yep.
Since I am using Paint I have limited options. Can I use I draw to do these things though.
Gimp is free. <v<
Graphics Gale has a free version where you can set a grid size, etc. and make the images snap into place.

or in paint, how it would look like would be to draw lines in a square that centers them out. Made this in like a minute in paint. Each box is 200x200 and the lines serve as centering if I want to put sprites/whatever in it. After that just fill it with a background color to remove the inconsistent BG colors and the lines for transparency. It's not aligned properly since I'm sleepy and haven't slept yet, but you get the point

Thank you for telling me about the Graphics game program I was not aware of it.
If I find editing/ griding sprites is easier with this program I will be most content.
Pages: 1