HOW TO MAKE IMAGE BACKGROUNDS TRANSPARENT?

Pages: 1

Used gimp
Made white transparent.
Now Shredder is Partly transparent.
WHY IS THIS?
Explain. I want shredder to be whole and the background that was white gone.
Oh and every time I switch background it switches backgrounds for all troops why is this? How do I keep specific back grounds for specific troops. Example Metroids would be lava cave(norfair)

Also I am still looking for people to work on the project with me. I am having a friend come over to night or tomorrow to show me a few things.
Firstly, Shredder is semi-transparent because you chose to make his sprite transparent in the MONSTER DATABASE TAB.

Secondly, that option to change the battle background is for testplay purposes. Battles backgrounds aren't exclusive to 'troops'. To select the background for a battle, you must define the background of your choice in the MAP PROPERTIES window, TERRAIN DATABASE TAB (for terrain-dependent backgrounds), or you are given the options every time you use the ENEMY ENCOUNTER event command.
author=Ginseng_Tea
Firstly, Shredder is semi-transparent because you chose to make his sprite transparent in the MONSTER DATABASE TAB.

Secondly, that option to change the battle background is for testplay purposes. Battles backgrounds aren't exclusive to 'troops'. To select the background for a battle, you must define the background of your choice in the MAP PROPERTIES window, TERRAIN DATABASE TAB (for terrain-dependent backgrounds), or you are given the options every time you use the ENEMY ENCOUNTER event command.

Nope if shredder was partly transparent it would be turned on this is what he looks like normal. I used gimp to make the White background transparent.
In the monster database tab near the monster picture box, there's 2 check boxes that can be checked to set your monster a flying creature or transparent. Transparent in this tab means making your monster half invisible so you can see through the monster and see the background. It usually for ghost figure monsters.

Shredder already have his transparent colors eliminated when he was imported.

I know this is confusing. Try uncheck the transparent check box in the monster tab and go back to your Troop tab to see shredder in his solid state.
Pages: 1