VIDEO RECORDING/EDITING SOFTWARE?

Pages: first 12 next last
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Does anyone have any good suggestions for video recording/editing software. Something simple and easy to use as I'm not really familiar with these kind of things?

Wanna record something from my Rm2k3 game.
camstudio should be more than adequate for a rm2k3 game.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I use Debut Video Capture as it is ultra simple, doesn't cause me any lag, is 100% free, and leaves no watermark. It also comes with a 30 day trial for some slick video editing software that is a lot easier to use than Windows Movie Maker (but probably isn't worth paying for after the trial expires).

Be aware that I've heard that with some sound cards it won't record audio directly from the computer, so you'll have to make sure your speakers are up high enough that your mic can pick them up. This problem seems to be rare and is related to sound card drivers or something.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Fraps

fraps can be kinda laggy in transition from map to map - the timing in my opening had to be changed to keep it aligned with the soundtrack, just for recording

if you're not worried about something like 0.2 seconds of lag every now and then, fraps should work easily
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I decided to go with lockez suggestion, but man how do you video in full screen without the game flickering in the recording.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Haha, I don't, I use windowed mode. If you need it to run in fullscreen you may want to use one of the others. I find windowed mode produces the best results for youtube though, since in 2k3 and XP the window is the same resolution as a youtube video.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Yeah I ended up doing that, was a lot easier. I'm surprised there's no help topic section for this subject here. Maybe it's just common knowledge I guess?
author=Tau
Does anyone have any good suggestions for video recording/editing software. Something simple and easy to use as I'm not really familiar with these kind of things?

Wanna record something from my Rm2k3 game.

Yes, here, 100% free.
http://www.hyperionics.com/hc/
author=Darkflamewolf
camstudio.
author=LockeZ
Debut Video Capture
author=Felipe_9595
Wmcapture
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Fraps
author=CharlesGabriel

Wow.

Just use Camstudio dude. Thread should have ended there.
LockeZ
It's not really that it's common knowledge, it's more that there are a lot of different options and people can't agree on them. They have different pros and cons, but a lot of it is just whatever you're used to.
author=murray
author=Darkflamewolf
camstudio.
author=LockeZ
Debut Video Capture
author=Felipe_9595
Wmcapture
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Fraps
author=CharlesGabriel
Wow.

Just use Camstudio dude. Thread should have ended there.

Untrue. Camstudio, for instance, won't work for me; Fraps does the trick.
In all honesty, I said fraps because it's free and all that. But I use Camtasia Studio for all my recording purposes '_')
author=Large
Untrue. Camstudio, for instance, won't work for me; Fraps does the trick.

Well it's likely a problem with your computer's configuration rather than with the program.
Which could also be his case, thus not necessarily ending the thread with that comment.
Actually, use Microsoft Expression. Its file size is huge and encoding/upload times take forever, but it can have 1080 quality and records sound. It even has a built-in video editor.
author=Arandomgamemaker
Actually, use Microsoft Expression. Its file size is huge and encoding/upload times take forever, but it can have 1080 quality and records sound. It even has a built-in video editor.

But RPG Maker 2003 games are 240p. He doesn't need 1080p.
author=murray
author=Arandomgamemaker
But RPG Maker 2003 games are 240p. He doesn't need 1080p.

Actually, their quality limit is 360p. I just find 1080p cool to have.
Pages: first 12 next last