[RESULTS!]CHRISTMAS MAPPING CONTEST!

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.

Best I could do in a few hours, sorry!
Merry Christmas~
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I think Link_2112's is my favorite so far, followed by treeghost's.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Tried doing something quick in VX (theme: "Merry Matsumori Day Christmas!"), but the overall scene just didn't feel right. I blame the blocky RTP. Might make a different attempt in XP.
God damn it, this is a MAPPING contest and not a "take a christmas picture from google"-contest -,-
Happy
Devil's in the details
You do realize Dudesoft drew that?
Even if: drawing ain't mapping.

Also I still believe those are rips. Just lokk at the different eyes of the people.
And, it's a map for a game in AGS. Totally legit. Just look at his game http://rpgmaker.net/games/3650/. He had to draw all those maps.

Also, if it was something he pulled off google why did it take him a few hours? xD That is totally his style of drawing. I don't think his plan was to showcase that exact kind of art for months(years?) just to pull the wool over our eyes during a christmas mapping contest.
Very nice screens in here

I'm gonna throw this one in, hope it's not too late ^^

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
oooooooooooooooooooh!

Love yours, Dudesoft. And, yes, Merry Christmas to all!

Tau
RMN sex symbol
It's not too late, last day today though, tomorrow times up and we vote after Christmas!

Voting Structure!

Entrant: Name of persons map you're about to discuss and your chosen winner.
Reason for vote and critique: Tell us why you chose said map.

Only vote for the one you think deserves the win. Most votes wins!
I'll be going away on the 24th. When will voting close?
Dudesoft
author=Deacon Batista

Also I still believe those are rips. Just lokk at the different eyes of the people.
Uh, no. I drew the map and the sprites separately. I used Adventure Game Studio to make this screenshot. Thanks for the vote of confidence, but this contest rules states we can use any maker/program. It's an adventure game map. Same rules apply for drawing a map as using someone else's sprites to make a map with a chipset. Except I get to use a different camera angle.

Do we vote in thread or PM you, Tau?
author=Deacon Batista

Mapping is really just environment composition (or representation), not WHERE DO I PUT TEH 16X16 SQUARES?!?! An example of being too stuck in the RM mindset...
Tau
RMN sex symbol
What Darken said DB. You still have today to post an entry but votes can be casted now.

@Dudesoft - You can just post your vote here.

author=Link_2112
Entrant: Dudesoft
Reason for vote: Cause it's the most Christmasy while looking good. There are other RPG-pretty maps but they don't embrace the Christmas theme enough.

and critique: errrrrrr, I dunno, that kid in the middle seems out of place? Is he some kid who is evil(with that crazy shadow) and since he's not getting any toys he snuck into the toy factory to get revenge? *look at candy cane* It's a sturdy, blunt object *pick up candy cane* *use candy cane on helpless elf*

Links the first person to vote, I guess you guys can vote now if you want.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Entrant: Treeghost.
Reason for vote: It mixes a sense of realism with a sense of beauty. I love that. Someone might say that it's "too spooky" for a Christmas map, but I disagree. Snow during a blizzard really looks like that. So handsomly beautiful. Critique? I dislike that there is a hobo in a pool of blood. It kind of ruins all of the good shit I was talking about. (My second choice would be Link_2112 because adorable.)
Dudesoft
Entrant: Link_2112
Reason for vote: It was a toss up between Link and Koaangel. Finally I decided on Link's because it was a more playable map; and made me want to play Legend of Zelda: The 12 Gifts of Triforce or something.
author=Dudesoft
and made me want to play Legend of Zelda: The 12 Gifts of Triforce

I'll make that game if you make "The Kid Who Killed Christmas" xD
Dudesoft

PROOF.

author=Link_2112
author=Dudesoft
and made me want to play Legend of Zelda: The 12 Gifts of Triforce
I'll make that game if you make "The Kid Who Killed Christmas" xD
We have a deal. I really like that kid.
author=Dudesoft