[RESULTS!]CHRISTMAS MAPPING CONTEST!

How many maps can you make? Cause I'm already done, and that was a little too short for time...
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Great map, Pyrodoom (wow, all that progress).
author=chana
Great map, Pyrodoom (wow, all that progress).

Thanks, I know, I looked at some videos, and realized how lazy I was before, and how horrible my original maps were, so when I realized my mistakes, I took a look at the tileset, and tried to make the best of it.
Most of the characters are mine:Fire Woman, the girl next to the buisness man and the ghost guy, the man with wings(represents my dad in an unrealeased game I made),the kid in front of him(me, I made a sprite of myself for both my dad's game and a Yume Nikki sequel), Bill(next to Madotsuki, he is also from a beta game, and is now my test dummy for many things), and Pyro(next to Blaze, he's the red Sonic).
Others I didn't make the sprites for, or aren't even in my games, like Madotsuki, the Blue-Haired boy and Pink-Haired girl from my crappy games review game:Futuristic Faces, Sonic, Amy, Blaze, the Shadow Man, the Santa Clause and his family, Christmas Link, and the tileset, and yes, I'm counting the tileset.
My most hardest part of this was the big mountain thing, where Link is standing on, in front of the christmas tree that is slightly off-screen, I couldn't find out where to place the different parts for it to work, and finally, I just decided,"Hey, I'm just going by the way the tileset is placed out for me, nothing else!", and fixed it up.
This was pretty good, wasn't it?
I'm almost tempted to do an Australian Christmas with BBQ, tank tops/skirts/bikinis/Hawaiian shirts, harsh lighting, plastic tree and alcohol... Almost.
That or download the last RMN Christmas game and use the sprites for an RMN X-mas screenie.
I'll think about it.
I can't agree with chana. I find that screen by pyrodoom quite a mess D-:
But who laughs last, laughs best.

I'm submitting this:
author=Deacon Batista
I can't agree with chana. I find that screen by pyrodoom quite a mess D-:
But who laughs last, laughs best.

I'm submitting this:

Deacon, wow...that map is great, but I couldn't find any good tilesets that could work, I made that thing! And...could you send me the tileset you used? Please? For my RPG maker movie?
I only have one complain with Deacon's map, it's definitely lacking in christmas atmosphere. All I see is a very lovely looking snowy village.
The snowman is festively dressed in green and red.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
These look great guys, keep em coming!
NO.1:How did you find such great tilesets?
NO.2:How did you guys fit so much on the screen while still having enough space for characters?
Tau
RMN sex symbol
A 20x15 map can actually fit more than you would think.
;.; I had edited some VXA chips especially for this event only to have Photoshop herpaderp on me just before I was about to save. Why?!

pyro: When you've been in the community for a while, or played a lot of the older RPGs (Rudra no Hiho, Golden Sun) you learn to know where to go for chips. Places like spritersresource.net and other rip compiling sites are great for finding rips to make into chipsets - and since most of the older RPGs used 16x16 tiles they're real easy to add to a chipset.

Also sites like oniromancie, rmtoolkit, rmrk and other RM sites are great for checking out premade chips.

As to getting so much in a shot? A lot of practice and an eye for details - which you get from practicing your 'art'. Also, playing games and seeing what works, experimenting and learning to balance 'white space' and stuff.
author=Liberty
pyro: When you've been in the community for a while, or played a lot of the older RPGs (Rudra no Hiho, Golden Sun) you learn to know where to go for chips. Places like spritersresource.net and other rip compiling sites are great for finding rips to make into chipsets - and since most of the older RPGs used 16x16 tiles they're real easy to add to a chipset.

Also sites like oniromancie, rmtoolkit, rmrk and other RM sites are great for checking out premade chips.

As to getting so much in a shot? A lot of practice and an eye for details - which you get from practicing your 'art'. Also, playing games and seeing what works, experimenting and learning to balance 'white space' and stuff.
author=Liberty
;.; I had edited some VXA chips especially for this event only to have Photoshop herpaderp on me just before I was about to save. Why?!

Ah, thank you. I use Charas, and for most of the so called custom sprites, a downloadable version of Charas Generator, speaking of which, I need to find a facecet generator and battleset generator to go along with it!
There's some faceset ones out there: on charas as well as one on deviant art. No battleset generators that I know of though.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I'm actually subscribed so I was gonna say post it here, but it looks like you beat me to it haha.
Haha I wasn't sure if you were referring to me but yeah I posted here first! Than I figured I might as well for the Eden Gate page since I wanted to do a Christmas map from the game! Well consider it my official submission for the contest =] I guess the front page of this topic still needs to be updated with the screen.
Hmm, I'm starting late but I'll whip something up!

Done! That was fun ^.^

I started with this, but found that it was hard to see the details on Link with white tiles below him.

So I put down some standard color tiles, making it look kinda like a beach :P and fallen leaves to show...um, just for no reason actually xD

This is my entry, I guess. Which do you guys think looks better? I'll call it "Link saves Hyrule Christmas"

Here's a close up view of the scene:

I'm just noticing that guy looks like George Costanza!! haha

Tau
RMN sex symbol
That looks awesome man. Just Two more days guys to get an entry in!