[RESULTS!]CHRISTMAS MAPPING CONTEST!

Pages: first prev 12345 last
author=facesforce
author=Lotus_Games
Just curious, is my image showing for people...I'm surprised I haven't gotten a single vote...
Don't feel bad, mine either. But then again... Not many people like graphical asii in these days. XD

Haha well, you must be very confident sticking to your guns knowing that.
I don't feel that bad, I put a lot of hard work creating the custom original map minus the sprites of course so that's something I have and am proud of that most other contestants don't minus dudesoft. Yeah it's for fun but I feel very proud of how mine came out even if others don't get it. I'd have to say my fav minus my own is Blinds cause it's very well organized and he used the chipset effectively...coming from a guy who has developed skills in graphics and mapping for over 10 years if my opinion means anything.
I was very close to vote for your screen. Problem is there are tons of eppic screens participating and you can vote for one only.

By the way: It's quite waste of time to make own chipsets for contests like this. Just use stuff you already have and make a map. That's more than enough and works.
author=Lotus_Games
Haha well, you must be very confident sticking to your guns knowing that.
I don't feel that bad, I put a lot of hard work creating the custom original map minus the sprites of course so that's something I have and am proud of that most other contestants don't minus dudesoft. Yeah it's for fun but I feel very proud of how mine came out even if others don't get it. I'd have to say my fav minus my own is Blinds cause it's very well organized and he used the chipset effectively...coming from a guy who has developed skills in graphics and mapping for over 10 years if my opinion means anything.

Yeah, as a fan of older rougelikes and classic dungeon crawls, Ascii stirs up better feelings for me then sprites, so I am confident in that aspect; I made something for myself, and then released it for everyone else. XD

I am very impressed by your entry though, and I would vote, if I was not taking part in the contest.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Entrant : KingArthur
Reason : Secret pleasure and feel of Christmas : isolated house, shutters closed, leaves room for interpretation and imagination.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Deacon Batista
Even if: drawing ain't mapping.

Also I still believe those are rips. Just lokk at the different eyes of the people.

I was just drawing. Because bored at work on Xmas, and I remembered this comment.
Dude, character design 101. You use everything in your arsenal to convey personality to a character with minimal lines.
Hell, if you want a quick example: Jetsons. George has big Hannah Barbara eyes. Elroy has button eyes, like the kid on my map. So :p
author=Lotus_Games
I'd have to say my fav minus my own is Blinds cause it's very well organized and he used the chipset effectively...coming from a guy who has developed skills in graphics and mapping for over 10 years if my opinion means anything.

Thanks! I think you're the only one... I guess I've lost my touch! Lmao.
author=Lotus_Games
I put a lot of hard work creating the custom original map minus the sprites of course so that's something I have and am proud of that most other contestants don't minus dudesoft.

Even though my stuff is based on Zelda, they are about 80% custom/15% edits and I put a lot of work into mine, as well. I reworked all the rock tiles, I created the angled water edges, the big bushes, the snow covered bushes, the ice/snow tiles, the Christmas tree, all the NPC's are custom. Just sayin'.

Yeah it's for fun but I feel very proud of how mine came out even if others don't get it.

What is there to get? It's a bunch of characters scattered about in a field of decorated trees. There is no doubt that the sprites/tiles look great but there is no outstanding Christmas theme. A bit of snow(I thought it was fog at first cause it looks like it's rolling over the water. But it's snow, right?), and some lights on the trees. If there are other Christmas related things hidden in there, do tell. The main point of the contest is the theme.

I'd have to say my fav minus my own is Blinds cause it's very well organized and he used the chipset effectively...coming from a guy who has developed skills in graphics and mapping for over 10 years if my opinion means anything.

stuff Merry Christmas, indeed :)
@Deacon: Hmm maybe atleast the sprites are being used in my game.
@Face: Thanks mate =] Yeah it was cool to see something off the beaten path from you.
@Blind: I dunno I remember seeing you progress back in GW and you came a long way and it certainly shows in your map, I don't think people realize it unless they map themselves but yours is outstanding.
@Link: Nice, well done.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays all!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Blindmind
author=Lotus_Games
Thanks! I think you're the only one... I guess I've lost my touch! Lmao.

Yeah man, that map is stellar, but I already cast my vote.
Happy
Devil's in the details
my vote goes to KingArthur's map.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
My vote goes to Dudesoft, but it was awfully close. Great entries.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Sorry the results are late guys, back at my jobs. Thanks to everyone who participated and voted, all the entries were great!
Hm, guess I'm a little late.
I just want to say, that most of the entrys are well done.
I like the one of koaangel most, it shows how little children see christmas,
a happy and colorful world. :)
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Congratulations to Link2112, our Christmas Mapping Winner!

Again, really sorry I'm late guys. Works killing me man.
\^.^/

Thanks for the votes, guys. This was fun. I ought to participate in more of these mapping contests.
Link's art design as well as his graphics have improved alot.
I never bothered to mention them until now.
Wow haha. I forgot to even vote. I'm surprised at the results! Congrats though! :)
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
@Blindmind : yours was very beautiful, I thought the water particularly well done, love it really, too bad the picture was small.
Congrats link! Good job to all my other competitors as well =]
Pages: first prev 12345 last