The game is still technically in production, but I changed the status to "Hiatus" because I am converting the game into VXAce. The amount of time I'm going to save on RGSS3's simplified scripting will be massive. Also, I want to shoot myself in the head for struggling with RGSS2 all these months, but I learned a LOT and accomplished a lot of self-scripted features, so I'm really looking forward to putting them back in twice as fast (and then making the rest of the game twice as fast, as well).
The only thing that is really going to hold me back on the project is graphics - editing the Disgaea sprites has been painstaking enough that I have a distaste for it now and have been avoiding it, and obviously you can see in the gameplay videos that the spriting is still very patchy. If anybody is willing to help out, I'd be forever grateful :>