One rainy day in the industrialized port city of Dejanor, a mage named Moshi Cenalus leaves her dingy hotel room to buy something to eat. It was just a normal day for her, until she has a run-in with some local thieves.
Following that dangerous encounter, she befriends the woman who helped her fend off the attackers, and learns of a forest called "Last Sanctuary" where mages are said to live free from scorn and oppression.
While in search of the fabled Last Sanctuary, her story crosses with those of the people she meets along the way. They come from a variety of backgrounds, from the impoverished worker who seeks a better life, to a disgraced soldier who desires redemption, to a reclusive queen in the snowy north who risks losing her homeland to the spread of industrialization.
Little did the mage know that her seemingly insignificant actions would, in the end, contribute to major changes in the people and places around her.
But would it be for better or for worse?
- No random encounters! Simply bump into enemies on maps to fight them. Most encounters will respawn as in-game time passes.
- Adjust the game's difficulty at any time.
- Light nonlinearity: as the main storyline progresses, you can embark on sidequests that reward you with unique rewards and extra details about the game's setting and its characters.
- Battle enemies whose movesets and tactics change depending on difficulty level.
- Alter dialogue and major plot events by improving--or ruining--friendships with party members.
- Customize your characters' skillsets by equipping them with "Devices" and "Skill Books".