Well this is mostly due to the fact that I finally found a small "production group" for the Revelation Chronicles series. And so our first move? Make a "reboot" starring the 3rd episode of the trilogy (Yep, Star Wars formula).
Anyway, right now, I've been really putting all my effort into it making the game to be as polished and not rushed as possible (with the help of the production team of course). In fact, if you're subscribed to my Youtube channel, you'll notice the many progress I've been making with the game.If not, then THIS LINK HERE will show you.
I also took off the download link for various reasons.
So what of Edel Sky then? Am I going to continue its production sometime soon? Maybe. Just maybe. But expect it to be not exactly the same as the "Edel Sky" you've downloaded before.
The last demo is here! ...But it only has some of Chapter 5. Reason being is that school is tomorrow and I might not have time to work the rest of it so I'm going to release what I have for now. Fortunately, everything had a pretty much an overhaul, EVEN THE STORY!
So for this release, everything from my recent blog posts have been implemented. BUT one new feature I added is the ability to skip text with the use of the "shift" button. This won't interrupt events so don't worry about it!
In case you didn't get it: Game balancing. That is all.
Alright, here's how the new Flow skill system's gonna work out. (Please note that this only applies on playable characters.):
For every two ATK/INT points you have, you will deal 1 additional damage. (This is without any factors (IE. base defense, resistance against striking damage, elemental resistance, etc etc...) affecting the final damage.)
- They will have a hit chance of 99%
- They will have a set amount of damage.
Lv.0 = Depends on your ATK (For Strikers and Rangers) or INT (For Magicians)
Lv.1 = 50 + Base ATK or INT
Lv.2 = 100 + Base ATK or INT
Lv.3 = 150 + Base ATK or INT
Lv.4 = 200 + Base ATK or INT
Lv.5 = 250 + Base ATK or INT
- They will have a hit chance of 66%
- They will also have a set amount of damage.
Lv.0 & Lv.1 = Depends on your ATK or INT
Lv.2 = 50 + Base ATK or INT
Lv.3 = 100 + Base ATK or INT
Lv.4 = 150 + Base ATK or INT
Lv.5 = 200 + Base ATK or INT
And again: there will be many factors affecting a skill's final damage on monsters so don't forget that thought.
- Text speed increased. - Revamped damage system. (With lower numbers) - HP is constant for every character, unless you let them ate a "Lifecube", which will increase their HP by 10.
- Run/walk system is removed for the time being. - Single attacks have 100% hit chances.
- AoE attacks have 70% hit chances.
- Story dialogues have been changed dramatically once again. - Hunter's Club sidequests were removed. I'll be planning on a better one in the future, just not in the Hunter's Club.
- EX Mode is removed as well. Although I've planned on an alternative way to earing EX points (It's related to the sidequest area I'm bound to share in the future update.)
- Added "Kanotian Stance". This will let him gain 1 FP per turn for 5 turns, however, it inflicts "Deshell" (1/2 Defense). And yes, he will literally be in a martial arts stance after the usage of this Flow Skill.
- "Light Force" only hits one target.
- Removed all her "Depower" skills and replaced them with "Wisdom" (Doubles INT for 5 turns) and "Aloe" (Recovers 100HP to all allies).
- An AoE Flow absorption skill has been added. This way, he can prove to be of some use against large mobs.
- "Heal Melody" has been removed.
- "Fear Melody" has been added. This Flow ability halves all enemies' ATK power for 5 turns.
- "Deshell Melody" has been added. This is much like Fear Melody, only it halves all enemies' DEF power.
- Removed all "Quickening"(s) and left "Haste" as it is.
- Added "Slow" Flow skill. This halves all enemies' SPD for 5 turns.
- Added Berzerker Flow Skill. This increases ATK power 5x to herself for 5 turns, but inflicts Bleed 3 (-20% of HP per turn).
So lots of things happened and I'll sum it up in two words:
Chapter 4 is here and I've changed quite a lot of things here and there:
- Max FP for all has been reduced to 5.
- All characters will have all of their movesets (But there will be a few extra ones that will be unlocked further in the game).
- Run/walk system has been improved dramatically.
- Couples Accessories system is removed.
- Weapon Upgrade system is removed.
- There will be no variety of weapons for a character anymore since all of them will use their signature weapons.
- In addition to above, the "Weapons" tab has been changed to "Units". "Units" are ability enhancers that can impact a character's ATK, INT, and SPD.
- "Styles" system has been implemented. They are much like units, but they impact how your character plays during a battle.
- Story dialogues have been changed dramatically.
Chapter 4 Notes: - Will be uploaded soon.
- Hunter's Club sidequests are still being implemented so don't mind them, as well as the old man's history about Caesura.
I've been quite busy with college crap so I won't be really posting production blogs that much. Though within the days of my absence, I managed to throw in a couple of few features up my sleeve, as well as some progress with Chapter 3.
- Stamina Sprint System (Because I'll be having some "run from 'dat thing" scenarios in Ch.3 and maybe beyond)
- Random encounter variable: This will be introduced in Ch.3 as you can either make a preemptive strike or get ambushed within a random encounter.
New gameplay features that might be implemented in the future:
- Custom Menu System
- "The Lore": Which includes Bestiary, Location Profiles, and Character Profiles (So far).
- Tag Team assists (For some special teams)
Chapter 3 Progress: 10%
Database Progress: Close to complete.
I've been thinking about it lately and I finally am able to implement it: Team Bonuses!
What this system does is this:
Depending on which party member(s) your leader is with (I.E., if your leader is Ether and your only other member is Mana) you will be noted that your party is going to have a team bonus in-game. (An animation will appear in the screen stating the team name and the bonus you'll receive once you recruit the other teammate(s)).
So what's the bonus? Characters within that special team will have increased stats as long as they're in the team. Not only that, one may even have a special Flow Technique up his/her sleeve!
Right now, I'm going to tell you 4 team names and their bonuses, but you guys figure out the rest in the future releases:
"Lovers till the End"
*SPD + 40 to Ether
*HP + 200 to Mana
*If Mana is lvl 45, Flow Technique: "Elemental Somersault" becomes available.
*SPD + 40 to Ether
*ATK + 80 to Creux
*If Ether is lvl 45, Flow Technique: "Flow Absorption Palm" becomes available.
*INT + 80 to Creux
*ATK + 80 to Violette
*If Violette is lvl 45, Flow Magic: "My Song to Creux" becomes available.
"Kazuri High Best Friends"
(This applies in a 3-man party if the chosen characters are in this list)
*ATK + 80 to Ether
*DEF + 80 to Mana
*INT + 80 to Creux
*SPD + 40 to Violette
NOTE: There are fewer 3-man team bonuses than there is with 2-man.
If you want to know more about the story behind Revelation Chronicles, then step in and take a look at The Lore. It offers everything you need to know about this series' universe. Of course it will be updated chapter after chapter, so better stay tuned to it as well.
All I can say is that he will be a featured character in chapter 3, and he's still under works. Hell, I even changed his last name to "Belmont" instead of "Mir" because that last name seems to fit his "French-like" native. XD
Finally, ugh. It's been a while since I've updated but it's finally here, chapter 2!
Still though, since I always make it when I'm almost tired, you might stumble upon awkward dialogues and such. This pre-release is just for people who might understand what the chapter is about so please bear with me.
Right now, my friend is editing the script, but do not expect big changes in the storyline for the next small update, just dialogue changes. XD
With that said, I HOPE YOU ENJOY CHAPTER 2! (When the download is done pending)