I didn't get as much time to work on this over the weekend as I wanted, but I did redo an important part of the display system. Part of the story involves dropping force fields that block off parts of the complex. Since the first time this occurs, you are talking to someone on the other side of a field, they have to be semi-transparent. The only problem was that their generators would not be transparent.
So, I had to change the wall display event to make it possible for walls to be made up of two layers. This is in addition to the object layer and actor layer. It doesn't sound like much, but I was banging my head against a wall trying to shoehorn it in with the picture limit I'm stuck with (using an un-patched version).
Next up is the Skill Transfer system and fleshing out some of the enemy skills.
Part of the idea behind the project is to make the game using as stock a version of the maker as possible. I think the version I'm using for this one doesn't even include key processing for the shift key.
It is kind of weird to have three different projects that I'm working on in three different versions of the same maker, at the same time.