~5/1/2012: Project posted on rpgmaker.net
~12/1/2012: Update on Encounter System
The game takes place in an imagined and made-up world, so there aren't any relations with our real world. Except that the names in the game are mostly based on real names, ranging from Japanese to Latin.
The world of Esteria Chronicles: The Lost Arc is named Tieris Illia. It is divided into three main continents which consist of Zeria, Iris and Arcane - which are ruled and governed by the respectively named Kingdoms.
- Zeria Continent: Located on the south-eastern side of the world, shaped like a half-moon. This is the smallest continent of the three continents of Tieris Illia.
- Iris Continent: The second biggest continent of Tieris Illia. Located in the north-eastern part. It is shaped like an ellipse. Iris is surrounded by numberless uninhabited islands, which are covered in a blanket of mystery. Most of the time it is very cold and snowy on the continent. One third of the continent is populated by mountains. Iris is known as the holy sanctuary of magicians, as it is the original birthplace of Magic.
- Arcane Continent: The biggest continent of the three. It ranges from the south-west to the north-west of Tieris Illia. With ideal weather conditions and above standard living, this is the heavenly destination for traders and people from the other two continents. In terms of politics and military, Arcane is the well-respected, leading kingdom with advanced technology research.
1000 years ago, humans were still being protected by the power of the Eir against all kinds of calamities and illnesses. Until one day, a strange looking and mysterious shaped crystalle fell off from the sky, bringing with it a phenomenal power that could instantly send humanity into an endless zone of chaos. Whoever gained access to the power within the crystalle would rule not only Tieris Illia but the entire universe. Sensing this potential danger, the Eir decided to gather up their holy power to destroy the crystalle. But unfortunately, despite how hard the Eir tried, the crystalle could not be penetrated. Left with no other choice, because if the crystalle ever were to be in the hand of human greed, it would be destruction of all existence. The Eir gave up and gathered almost all of their power to create a seal that would probably hide the crystalle deeply within the ocean that never ever, anyone could find and take advantage of it. However, without the power they had once possessed, they stopped providing shelter and help to Human.
Human, no longer with the assistance of the Eir, from then on continuously faced many hardships of the true nature that they had never once had to go through before. After so much praying for the help of the Eir, which of course would never respond, human started to lose their beliefs in the Gods. They started to learn how to rely on each other to survive, to stand up on their own two feets.
Our story begins with Yuri, an ordinary hunter from Yolina village, who becomes tangled in a daring and most twisted adventure after witnessing a strange lady being chased by two hooded men.
- A very classic, old-school styled and cliche RPG, ranging from story, battles to maps, etc. You'll feel like going back to the old days, but do expect for surprises.
- Eir Summoning Sequences: besides a few familiar Final Fantasy GFs, there are many unique Eir that are ready to be summoned.
- Characters learn skills from equipments and by equipping those equipments through battles, like in Final Fantasy IX.
- Stats-distribution for every single character when they level up, along with quite a lot of options for party selection, battles are strategically-maximized.
- Monsters data collection - Bestiery.
- Synthesizing system for creating items, weapons and equipments from raw materials collected throughout the game.
- Skit System which provides the players 150+ skits, which are conversations between the characters. Also sometimes it may provide hints. Be sure to check it out .
- And a lot more small yet interesting features awaiting in the game.
No blog entries have been posted yet.