- 2965 downloads
- Added: 04/19/2012 07:47 PM
- Updated: 10/02/2012 03:06 PM
This is the third public release of Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal's Realm. It contains the entire first chapter of the game and half of the second (6-7 hours of gameplay; 11 dungeons, 3 towns and 12 bosses) plus VX Ace RTP and files required to run the game. This beta is greatly improved over the previous beta and many scripting revisions and general polishes have been added.
*This is a beta version of the game. It does not reflect the quality of the final product. Elements of the game may not be completely tested or implemented and you may experience a general lack of polish. Please report any bugs or issues that come up so that they can be fixed!
**Please do NOT press F12 to reset the game while playing this beta - it will cause Stack Errors and crash your game. Until an F12 fix script that works with VX Ace exists, I can't do anything about this.
Fixes over Beta 3.0 and 3.1 include:
- Donation trays at churches are now fully functional. Donate 10 Kyphers for a 1 in 4 chance of getting a morality boost, or donate 400 or 800 Kyphers for guaranteed morality boosts (1 point for 400 and 2 points for 800).
- The Rusty Helmet in Dead Mountain (as part of helping the Revenant) can now only be picked up once, instead of an infinite amount of times.
- Most stealable battle-use items (such as Silk Sack and Eye Stone) and rares (such as Hannelores and Malt Ciders) have had their sell price reduced to 1 Kypher. This is because they used to sell for thousands of Kyphers and some players were farming money by stealing them over and over, which was breaking the game's balance. General items and sellable loot items (Chitin Scale, Wolf Pelt) have not been changed.
- The intro area now teaches new players how to save, and reminds them to do so often.
- Selecting "no" when asked if you want to watch the game's intro now actually skips it, as opposed to going into an infinite event loop.
- Tweaks have been made to several classes. The Defense and HP of Gunners, Rangers and magic casting classes has been slightly increased, and Magus and Cleric weapons (ie. Gold Sceptre) now grant a small Defense boost as well as Intellect and Wisdom.
- The Focus Headband and Shoulder Pad grant 5% more HP now. This is to offset the 5% penalty that equipping a sub-class gives you, which cancels out the effect of equipping these items.
- The Gladiator Blade has had its chances of inflicting statuses lowered and is now a 2 handed weapon. It also gives the user a 10% Defense penalty. This is to counterbalance the fact that it inflicts 3 different status effects.
- The Northern Keep dungeon is now fully operational. A chest and switch that were inoperable because of impassable tiles have now been fixed, and the quest can be completed. If you have good morality, you'll fight the Garuda boss, and if bad you'll fight the Dark Dragon boss.