DUNGEONS AND DRAG-QUEENS 2 - VALUDÍR IS'TIFEA

A return to the wacky world of Drag.

  • Dudesoft
  • 04/29/2012 02:23 AM
  • 3435 views
This game is being played currently by Zeuzio.

Drag-Master (DM) is played by Dudesoft
Valudír Is'tifea (V) is played by Zeuzio

Level 8 Dragonborn (EXP: 0)
Valudír Is'tifea
Sex: Female
Preferred Weapons: Claws and Teeth Any weapon.
Race: Red Dragon Dragonborn
Stats:

HP: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
MP: ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||

Inventory:

Red tunic and loincloth
Iron Breastplate (+1 Damage DEF)
Iron Sword (+1 Damage ATK)
1 Bronze Weapon(+2 ATK)
Oil Lantern
Tent
A fishing rod and hook
1 Cooked Bat Meat (Heals 5 HP)

Skills:
Apprentice Blacksmith: (Can forge iron weapons and armor, if you have iron ore and a forge handy. Each item costs 1 iron ore) Passive Ability
Adept Warrior: +1 to attack rolls with a weapon! Passive Ability
Fire Breath: MP Cost: 2. Roll 6sd to determine hit, Roll again to determine damage. If victim is still alive, Roll again to determine if enemy receives Burn. (Burn adds 1 to your attack on enemy.) Cool-Down: 4 Turns
Vigor: MP Cost: 1. +4 atk on next attack damage roll. If next attack fails, the buff carries on to the following turn once. Does not affect magic damage. Cool-Down: 4 Turns
Execute: MP Cost: 2. (1/2 current MP # = Damage.) Cool-Down: 4
Ice Breath: MP Cost: 2. (Roll 6sd to determine hit, Roll again to determine damage. If victim is still alive, Roll again to determine if enemy is Frozen. Being Frozen means you cannot act for 1 turn.) Cool-Down: 4 Turns
Focus: MP Cost: 2. (Restore some of MP. Roll to Heal) Cool-Down 10 Turns

Map:
Nothing yet.


Level 8 Bard/Thief (EXP: ||)
Zugar Elduim
Stats:

HP: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |
MP: ||||| ||||| ||||| |||

Inventory:

1 Iron Flail (+1 Damage ATK)
1 Iron Chain Mail(+1Def))
Zugar's Severed Left Hand
Zugar's Severed Left Forearm
1 Heavy Ass Iron Chandelier (5 Iron Ore once melted)
16 Bones (Heals 5 HP for Dogs)
2 Skulls (Heals 15 for Dogs)

Songs:

Sing!: MP Cost: 1. (1-6 chance to stun random enemy for 1 turn.) Cool-Down 3 Turns
Refresh Song: MP Cost: 2. (A light healing spell. Roll 6sd for cure amount.) Cool-Down 3 Turns
Energy Song: MP Cost: 1. (Lower the cooldown on spells by 2 turns for everyone in battle.) Cool-Down 8 Turns
Confuse Song: MP Cost: 2. (Causes the target to become confused. Roll a 6sd to russian roulette where the target attacks for 2 turns.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Life Song: MP Cost: 5. (Heals all party members in range. Roll 6sd for cure amount.) Cool-Down 6 Turns
Bone-Arm: (+1 ATK -5 Style) Passive Ability
Guard Song: MP Cost: 5. (Buff the defense of one character. Roll for DEF, lasts 4 Turns) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Racial - Learning: (Gain an extra skill on even levels.) Passive Ability
Racial - Adaptive: (It takes 5 uses to become proficient in any weapon, job, etc.) Passive Ability
Racial - Perseverance: (If you're going to die or lose a limb, you can have a 1d20 to save yourself. 1-9 is failure.) Passive Ability
Racial - Versatile Talent: (Use any weapon to dual wield, even 2-handed weapons.) Passive Ability


Level 6 Werfwarg (EXP: |||||)
Kruxus
Stats:

HP: ||||| ||||| ||||
MP: ||||| |||||

Inventory:

1 Bandage Roll (Stops bleeding)
1 Burn Cream (Stops Burn DoTs)
1 Vaccine (Cures poison)

Skills:

Full-Moon Blitz: (+5 Attack damage for unarmed attack.) Passive Ability
Howl: MP Cost: 5. (Call for the aid of nearby animals.) Cool-Down 10 Turns
Lunatic High: MP Cost: 4. (Adds +5 ATK for 5 turns. During the 5, he attacks anyone of the enemies, russian roulette. Roll 1-6 to determine who. If 1, roll again to decide who of the allies he will attack. Attacking allies breaks the spell.) Cool-Down 10 Turns
No Mercy: (Gains 1 ATK for each enemy killed. Wears off after each battle.) Passive Ability
Racial - Transform: (Enter an alternate Wolf Form at will, gain +4 Damage, but cannot use skills) 0 Cool-Down
Racial - Wolf Empathy: (Can communicate with and share the feelings of a wolf) Passive Ability
Racial - Enhanced Senses: (Can see in low-light, +1 to Perception) Passive Ability
Racial - Lycan Recovery: (While in Wolf Form, recover 5 HP per turn.) Passive Ability


Level 6 Dog (EXP: ||)
Angelo
Stats:

HP: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
MP: ||||| |||||

Inventory:

Fur
1 Bone (Heals 5 HP for Dogs)

Skills:

Friendly Dog: (-6 attack +5 licks) Passive Ability
Lick Heal: MP Cost: 3. (Roll Twice for Heal.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Animaltongue (Can communicate with any animal)Passive Ability
Guard Dog (Automatically protects anyone with low health, and takes their damage.) Passive Ability
Dig: MP Cost: 1 (Chance to find an item!) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Bark!: MP Cost: 1 (User barks at the enemy, causing the enemy's next attack to be directed at the user.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Cheer: MP Cost: 2. (Cheers on an ally. That ally receives +1 to all rolls that turn.) Cool-Down 3 Turns
Racial - High Jump: (Can easily jump higher and further than a normal human!) Passive Ability
Racial - Scent Tracking: (+4 Perception check while tracking a scent) Passive Ability
Racial - Perky Ears: (+5 Perception check while listening) Passive Ability
Racial - Enhanced Senses: (Can see in low-light, +1 to Perception) Passive Ability


Level 6 Bloodsucker (EXP: ||)
Zubat
Stats:

HP: ||||| ||||| |||||
MP: ||||| |||||

Inventory:
Skills:

Vampire Bite: MP Cost: 2. (Drains HP from an enemy, healing Zubat. Roll 6sd for cure amount.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Whirlwind: MP Cost: 2. (Zubat flaps her wings to create a blast of wind based damage. 6sd for Damage.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Supersonic: MP Cost: 2. (Daze or confuse an enemy. Roll for either, 1-3 is Daze, 4-6 is Confuse.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Racial - Blindsense: (Can see with echolocation.) Passive Ability
Racial - Stealthy Flight: (Can fly unnoticed except against 5 or greater Perception.) Passive Ability
Racial - Alertness: (+2 Perception on all Listen and Spot checks.) Passive Ability
Racial - Small Size: (Because of their small size, bats cannot carry anything.) Passive Ability


Level 8 Dancer (EXP: 0)
Zyb Adaylus
Stats:

HP: ||||| |||||
MP: ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||

Inventory:

Silk Dress (+2 Style)
Slippers (+1 Style
Iron Darts x20 (1 ATK/each)

Dances:

Natural Grace: (+10 Style while wearing a dress) Passive Ability
Hipno Step: MP Cost: 2. (Can mesmerize enemies for a turn, making them act as a hero during the current attack phase, does not work on Bosses or single enemies.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Congo Line: MP Cost: 4. (Organize a Congo line with the enemies. Next turn, ignore dodge rolls, and just roll for damage when they are targeted.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Foxtrot: MP Cost: 5. (Roll twice for damage, and the amount can be distributed as the user pleases among the enemies) Cool-Down 10 Turns
Cheerleader: MP Cost: 5 (Heal for the amount of Style the caster has) Cool-Down 6 Turns
Disco Inferno: MP Cost: 2 (Roll for damage, distribute damage among the enemies via russian roulette. Fire from the sky!) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Sword Dance: MP Cost: 5. (Allows user to attack 4 times next turn.) Cool-Down 10 Turns
Racial - Tough Stuff: (+2 Resistance against poison) Passive Ability
Racial - Darkvision: (Can see in the dark.) Passive Ability
Racial - Appraiser: (Can determine the price of objects, and figure out what things made of stone or metal are.) Passive Ability
Racial - Dragonbane: (+4 Defense against Dragons.) Passive Ability


Level 8 Fencer (EXP: |)
Loren Vorensia
Stats:

HP: ||||| ||||| ||||| |
MP:

Inventory:

1 Bronze Rapier (2 ATK)
1 Iron Shortsword (1 ATK)
1 Crossbow
20 Iron Crossbow Bolts (1 ATK)
1 Elbow Shield (1 DEF)
Nurse Outfit (-2 Style)
2 Beef Jerky (5 HP Cure)

Swordskill:

Two-Handed: (Can accurately hold two swords) Passive Ability
Stunning Strike: (If both weapons hit with 4 or more, roll again for chance to stun enemy.) Passive Ability
Intelligent Design: (Find the weakness in armour, and ignore DEF modifiers) Passive Ability
Uncanny Dodge: (Any roll higher than 4 successfully 1/2 the damage taken from attacks.) Passive Ability
Point to Throat: (If both attack rolls are 6, roll to kill. 5 and 6 are successful only.) Passive Ability
Refined Choice: (+1 ATK to dual-wielding rapiers.) Passive Ability
Combat Expertise: (At any point, you may take a penalty as much as -5 on your ATK and add that same number to your DEF. This lasts 1 turn and can be used as much as desired.) No Cool-Down
Team Attack: (Gets +1 to attack roll if attacking with someone else.) Passive Ability
Racial - Learning: (Gain an extra skill on even levels.) Passive Ability
Racial - Adaptive: (It takes 5 uses to become proficient in any weapon, job, etc.) Passive Ability
Racial - Perseverance: (If you're going to die or lose a limb, you can have a 1d20 to save yourself. 1-9 is failure.) Passive Ability
Racial - Versatile Talent: (Use any weapon to dual wield, even 2-handed weapons.) Passive Ability


Level 10 Summoner (EXP: 0) Dead?!
Aridath Scoazom

Stats:
HP: ||||| |||||
MP: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
Inventory:
1 Magical Staff (1/2 Cool-Down)
Grey robes (It's a Snuggie)
Grey Wizard's hat (it's actually just a really big sock. Fit for a Bawlgrog... -2 Style)
Summons:
Clay Cohort: MP Cost: 6 (Summon a creature of clay from thin air. Roll for HP of creature. Only 1 Cohort can exist at a time. Summoning takes 1 turn to complete.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Summon Light: MP Cost: 1 (Conjure light that floats above the caster. Illuminates dark areas. Lasts until turned off. Costs 1 MP to maintain per turn.) No Cool-Down
Summon Weapon: MP Cost: 3 (Conjure a magical sword in one hand. Roll for ATK power. Lasts 4 Turns.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Summon Wall: MP Cost: 4 (Create a wall of energy that nothing can pass through. The wall lasts for 4 Turns.) Cool-Down 4 Turns

----------------------------------------

DM-
The setting is a quazi-slapstick medieval fantasy world. Anything mythical or fantastical exists in its place. You will be in the farthest northern tip of Essenogglefruit. A country west of Rumpturnip, South of Frankfoil, and north-west of Ferngullythemovie, home of the elves...

The mountains... They are beautiful. Especially from this high up. As you wake up from your nap, you find your campsite intact. That is to say, the pile if human bones is where you left it. The sky is literally your limit, but you dare not venture north, it is the nesting area of black dragons. They're racist against redskins.
To the south, you see a little town, to the south east, a little caravan, the west is all desert, and the east is the Great Wall leading into the Rumpturnip Kingdom. Recently ravaged by the undead curse.

V-
I will ominously fly over the town, searching for a quick snack.

DM-
The town below is a collection of clay huts. The market is busy. There is a virgin sacrefice pillar just outside of town by the great lake.

V-
I fly towards the virgin sacrifice pillar.

DM-
Here you find a human woman. Her breasts glistening in the sun, heave as she bellows a blood curdling scream upon your arrival. Nearby, a row of priests are humming chants, and blessing you.

V-
I land near the woman. Usually I would gobble her up right away, but I'm in a particularly generous mood today. Plus, something about her seems...off. I will not act yet and simply observe my surroundings.

DM-
The landing is the same carved stone you are familiar with, and here, the maiden is bound to an errect rock, where many had been gobbled before. Tears poured down her face as she tried to ignore you, hoping you'd go away.
Behind, the priests hummed louder, clearly worried. There were many townsfolk peering from the town walls, curious if you'll go through with it.
The sun is cresting clouds, casting the woman's shadow. She from up close she appears to be a woman, though her shadow has a large horned demon inside.
Perhaps a trick of the light.

V-
I slowly advance towards the woman, wanting to get a better look at her. I have this nagging feeling that something is amiss, but I'm not sure what. Now, close enough to the woman to take a bite, I look straight into her eyes to possibly confirm my suspicion...

DM-
Suddenly, the woman stares into your eyes. Her gaze is like an emerald beam of energy. You cannot look away. Then, the sound of a soft woman's voice and a deep masculine voice speak in unison, "Denudabunt alas! Sentire terra Finis tui diaboli diebus Hue ad tuum ultima vias Timent caelum canit! Nunc a carne, hoc mulier nativitatis ..."
In an instant, you feel your life flash before your eyes. The great battle with a black dragon and your triumph. The many humans slaughtered. Fighting with your siblings over scraps of humans. The warm glow of the egg.
Now, in another instant, your life flashes before your eyes. Now, in forward. Except... it is not your life. The warm glow of the womb. Birth. Learning you are not human. Teasing from children. Coming home soaked in mud after another fight at school. Apprenticing in blacksmithing, under Darleson the Difficult. And suddenly, you are awake.

You lie in bed, perspiring. You feel young, and... empty. Unable to sleep, you find a mirror nearby. You are, human? No... not quite. You are a Dragonborn.
(see:
)

It is the day after meeting with that woman... Virtually no time has passed, yet, two lifetimes have passed for you.

V-
Obviously very confused, I try and recollect the happenings of yesterday, as well as try and search my mind for any important memories that I may have gained. Maybe I'll find one that can make sense of all this.

DM-
You remember vividly the way your human mother raised you with love, and how terribly the townsfolk treated you. Your past life seems like a dream. Almost as if you had wished you were a dragon. Free and feared by all. Not a filthy halfling, such as you are. You remember the harsh training under Darleson who was damn determined to see you succeed, but was well aware how difficult the world of men would be. Thus, Darleson the Difficult trained you to be a ferocious fighter with every weapon he could.
(New Skill!
Adept Warrior: +1 to attack rolls with a weapon! -passive skill-)

The room is dark, small and you are alone.

V-
I will try to find a way to light the room so I can search for a weapon effectively.

DM-
There is a lantern nearby. It lights successfully (5) and you can see everything. Memories flood back from everything here. The sword above the door was your step-fathers, who died defending the town. Next to the fireplace, hung your blacksmithing appron, given to you from Darleson. On the cabinet you see the first breastplate you ever crafted, at the age of 16. There is a photo of your mother hanging on the wall next to it. In the window, a rare rustleroot plant is growing weakly. Everything from your life is here, though it all seems new and fake.

V-
First I'll try equipping myself with the breastplate(assuming it's large enough to fit me now). Next I'll grab my sword, then the lantern. I look out the window.

DM-
+1 Breastplate
+1 Sword
+1 Lantern
The breastplate is very snug against your own chestly protrusions, which you find are oddly placed. As a dragon, you had no breasts. Or was that a dream? Hmm. Regardless, the breastplate fits. The sword feels like an extension of your arm, and there is a scabbard fit to your waist.
You notice also, you are wearing a red tunic and loin cloth. Which seems to fittingly hide shame you are unfamiliar with.

Out the window, you see rows of familiar clay houses. No one is awake, it seems.
Behind you, you hear footsteps. If it were not for your excellent hearing, they may have gone unnoticed.

V-
I cautiously glance back to try and spot the source of the footsteps, as I'm not sure if it's a friend or a foe.

DM-
You spot an assassin.
HP:|||||| MP:||
Skills: Backstab: +1 to Damage on successful stab from behind!

V-
I set the lantern down and charge at the foe with a diagonal sword slash.

DM-
(Roll 6)(3DMG+1+1=4)
You successfully slash the foe, however you do so in such a whim that your back is exposed!
Assassin attempts Backstab! (Roll 5! Epic Success!)(2DMG+1-1=2)
Your HP: ||||| |||
Assassin HP: |

V-
This time I'll try to finish him by chopping his head off.

DM-
(Roll 4)(1+1+1=2)
Your anger at such a dastardly deed comes full swing, along with your sword, to cleanly lob off the assassin's head! A clean arc of blood crests across your clean walls, as the Assassin falls to his knees, and the head mounts itself on top of your fireplace.
Gained +1 EXP!
Reached Level 2!
(To reach another level, you must gather the current level's number of EXP. For instance to reach Level 6 from Level 5, you require 5 EXP.)
Choose a skill to gain! I'll set the MP cost and cool-down cost.

V-
For my skill, I choose Fire Breath. It's what I miss most from my days as a true dragon, after all. I imagine it will work well on cold enemies and inflict burns with a high roll.
I pick up the rustleroot plant and wonder if it would make a good healing agent for my wound.

DM-
You feel fully healed, (as I forgot to mention your HP/MP restore on Level Up).
+1 Rustleroot to inventory.
+Fire Breath: MP Cost: 2. Roll 6sd to determine hit, Roll again to determine damage. If victim is still alive, Roll again to determine if enemy receives Burn. (Burn adds 1 to your attack on enemy.)

The assassin is laying on the ground, headless. You notice an insignia on his cloak, as well as a dagger and envelope prodding from his waistband.

V-
I'll take the dagger for myself, and read what's in the envelope.

DM-
+1 Iron Dagger (+1 Damage)
The envelope reads:
The egg has hatched. Our plans are as they were That Day. Put an end to this paradox. The Great Sphinx blesses your attack.

-Priest Zeuzitek

There is an insignia on the end that matches the assassin's cloak.

V-
I remove the cloak from the assassin and attempt to wear it myself. I also pocket the letter while looking for a way to get outside.

DM-
+1 Assassin's Cloak (+1 Style)
As you exit your home, you find the streets of this town cold and deserted. Across the street you spot a figure in the alley. He's looking towards you, and appears to be wearing the same cloak as you.

V-
I draw my sword while glancing behind me to make sure I won't be back attacked by another assassin.

DM-
The assassin begins waving his arm, as if to hurry.

V-
Realizing what he's indicating, I rush over to the assassin. I stop fairly close to him, stay silent, and wait for "orders".

DM-
The assassin doesn't see your face in the shadows of night, (roll 6) and he really digs your style, so much so that he blushes. "Gosh, Vernon, I never thought you was a lady-folk..."
Shrugging his bashfullness away, the assassin continues, "Well, you done did, da deed. Let's get on outta here, 'afore anyone suspects us a' somethin'."

V-
I follow behind him at a safe distance, wondering if I should kill him now or not. I decide against it, since he may lead me to the answers I seek. So, I just wait and see where he takes me.

DM-
The assassin creeps around the back alleys, double checking every corner that you both come to. At last, the edge of town, where some guards are standing post. There is a wall around the town, opening to the south, towards the sacrefice platform, and then the great lake.
"Didja get the rustleroot from that monster's house, like I's toldja to?"

V-
I reply "Yes, I have it" as I feel for it in my pocket. "Can you remind me again why you need it?"

DM-
"Ahyuck, y'slack jawed sticks fer brains... Gimme it."
-1 Rustleroot
The assassin takes the root and begins grinding it in a small stone bowl. "It's like th' big man says. Grind 'er up nice and little, like. See? Add some spruceshrooms and a dash o' appleweed. Voila! We's gots ourselves a sleeping powder. Here, hold this. I'll get dem guards' attention, and you done give 'em a whiff of Sleeping Powder. Got it?"
+1 Sleeping Powder

V-
I throw the sleeping powder in the assassin's face instead.

DM-
(Roll 3) The sleeping powder hits the assassin straight in the eyes, and he's not awake, but you have the initive
Assassin
HP:|||||||||||||| MP:||
Skills: Backstab: +1 to Damage on successful stab from behind!

V-
I'll slash him in the face with my sword.

DM-
(Roll 5) (3+1+1=5)
You rip his face in half, he can no longer speak as his jaw is hanging off it's hinges! Thank heavens!
The Assassin attacks with his dagger. Straight up stab in the chest attack-GO! (Roll 4) (2+1-1=2) His dagger lands squaw in your ribs, but your chestplate protects you, and the blade ritcochets into your arm.
Assassin HP: |||||||||
Your HP: ||||||||

V-
I'll salt the wound by blowing fire breath in his face. (his poor face...)

DM-
(Roll 2) Your Flame Breath is so hot that the assassin deftly avoids your brutal attack! Meanwhile, he slices at your legs, while ducking down. (Roll 4) (2+1=3)
You are given a limp!
Assassin HP: |||||||||
Your HP: |||||

V-
Alright, I know when I'm in trouble. I limp as fast as I can away from the assassin, assuming he'll have a hard time keeping up with his face in such disarray.

DM-
As you run limp away, you hear someone skewer flesh and a cry of agony.
"Do you think we got him?" someone asks.
"Yes! Look, I just Levelled Up!" said another voice. "Ice Field! Whoa, check it out! I made this whole area frozen solid!"
"You idiot, my house is down that street. How am I gonna get home?"
"Skate?"

You are safe now, back to the alley where you first met the assassin.

V-
Curious about what I heard and with no where else to go, I go back to the spot I ran away from. I do so quietly, so I'm not discovered.

DM-
You see the town guards yelling at each other near the fallen assassin.

V-
Realizing that I probably look mighty suspicious in this robe, I take it off and throw it on the ground. The damn thing has brought me nothing but trouble anyway. I then walk towards the guards and ask "Who the hell are those guys?"

DM-
-1 Assassin's Cloak
The guards turn and are about to answer, when they see who you are.
"Should we really be associating with IT?"
"Sure could use your Ice Field skill now."
Finally, after an elbow in the ribs from his comrad, one guard says, "Well, uh, Ms. Is'tifea... they're the Assassin's Guild of Ash. Recognize the mark on their robe anywhere. Better question, is how they got in."
"That's all there is to it. Better head home, little girl. We got this under control."

V-
A bit flustered, I ask "Are you sure you have it under control? I can help you out, you know. I've got a bone to pick with 'em." I show them the cut on my leg. "They also have a bone to pick with me, apparently."

DM-
The guards are unimpressed by your wound (Roll 3). One guard shows you a scar on his arm. The other guard shows you a scar that runs down his chest, down his belly, down his-- the first guard stops the presentation.
"So why would the Assassin's of Ash be after you?" the first guard asks.
"Maybe they like what they see?" the second guard suggests, looking you up and down.
The first guard steps on the other guard's toes.
"Were you attacked by this man? We've killed him as you see. Well, we may as well report this to the commander, come on."
The first guard leads the way into town, with his lacky following close behind.

V-
I let them leave. They probably won't be of much use to me anyway. I find where I dropped the cloak and tear a piece off. I use that piece to make a makeshift bandage for my leg.

DM-
(Roll 3) Your health is unchanged, but you manage to stop the bleeding.

V-
I just now realize my growling stomach, and search for some grub around town.

DM-
You wander the quiet town, and find an inn, eatery, bakery, sauna, local gym, guard house, mayor's office / town hall, weapon forge (where you were trained), blacksmith's house, variety store, and a league of other houses in the back where people live.
Your house is in the back, behind the blacksmith's house.

V-
I will visit Darleson the Difficult at the weapon forge.

DM-
It is night time, Darleson is fast asleep with his wife, Farley.

V-
In that case, I'll rest at my house until morning.

DM-
In the morning, you feel the sun warming your scales from the window. You are fully healed. (I'll update your article later)
The din of a bustling town can be heard, and it appears there is a half chicken , crisp bacon, and a tall glass of milk awaiting you on the table.

V-
I inspect the food, and wonder who left it here for me.

DM-
The food looks and smells delicious. A woman enters, it is your mother. A familiar woman to you, yet foreign. Like someone you saw in a movie once.
"I see you're awake. Don't worry, I've disposed of the body. How many times have I told you not to kill people? It's a blessing none of the villagers found out. Though, you should know that a priest came here last night begging to know the whereabouts of his youngest pupils. I of course told him I did not know."
The woman passed the room and placed your thoroughly cleaned off weapons and armour on your bed.
"It may be time I told you this," began the human woman. "You are not my true daughter."

V-
I guess I'm not really surprised at this news, and simply say "I had a feeling...but...thank you."

I begin eating the delicious meal.

DM-
Undetered by your lack of humanly emotions, the woman continues whilst sobbing. "No, you are not. It is true that you came from inside me, but you were never rightly conceived. The high priests called you a demon, and hailed the day of your destruction. That day, I shall never forget. The priests who dubbed you so, held on their garb a most peculiar icon. One such as on your attacker's tunic."
The woman places a hand on your cold, scaly arm.
"Valudír, I believe there is a plot for your assassination, and I believe it is by the shadow hands of these same high priests."

V-
Remaining calm, I say "then I must leave this place. Not only to evade the assasins, but to find out who I really am." After thinking for a moment, I say "Before I go, I need to know who my father was."

DM-
Your birth mother sits in the chair beside you, and rests a hand atop your clawed hand. "I wish you luck, my darling. Please, take good care of yourself, and say farewell to old Darleson. He loves you so. Take this, as well. Perhaps it will help you find the answers you seek."
+1 Assassin of Ash Emblem

V-
I gather my things, including my now shiny equipment. "Thank you...for everything." Taking my mom's advice, I decide to visit Darleson one last time.

DM-
You find old Darleson hammering on some iron, forging a long, thin cutlass.

V-
I explain to him the situation, and that I must leave soon. I then ask him if I can help him forge just one last piece of equipment.

DM-
(Roll 3)
While Darleson and you successfully forge an epic iron scimitar, he tells you it's for a client and puts it away. Darleson bids you farewell, and begins hammering some more ore.

V-
I step outside and look around. My destination is the mountains that were my home when I was still a red dragon...

DM-
You hear the words, "Stop! Thief!" and when you turn, you see an elf boy, maybe 17 years old, dressed in rag tag pants, a little vest and a Red fez atop his black hair. He is being chased by 3 city guards.
The street rat is carrying a loaf of bread, while singing to himself about staying one step ahead of the lawmen.

V-
I stop the boy by grabbing his arm. I take out some money, ready to pay for his bread.

DM-
You have no money right now.

V-
Then I offer to take him under my wing and get him out of everyone's hair.

DM-
You are confronted by 3 city guards! They are not in talking mood!
Guard A HP: ||||
Guard B HP: ||| (holding an iron scimitar +1 atk)
Guard C HP: |||||| MP: |||| (fire wave: mp cost 2, cool-down 2, +2 atk on top of attack roll, hits all)

Bread Thief helps you!
HP: ||||||
MP: |||
spell: Sing! (1-6 chance to stun random enemy for 1 turn, cool-down 3 turns, mp cost 1.)
(he is controlled by me.

V-
I'll slash at Guard B.

DM-
Overkill!!!! (Roll 4) (2+1+1=4 atk)
Guard B is sliced clean in half!!!
Guard A attacks you... (Roll 5)(3-1=2) you take 2 damage(I'll need to figure out your HP later.)
Guard C uses Fire Wave! (Roll 5! Gee!)(3+2=5) you and the Bread Thief are seriously scorched! Yikes! -5 HP all around!

Bread Thief uses Sing! (Roll 4) It's super-effective! Guard C is unconscious for 1 round.

V-
I'll stab Guard A in the gut.

DM-
Overkill! (roll 6)(4+1+1=6)
The Guard A is sliced straight down the middle!
Guard C is immobilized!
Bread Thief punches the Guard C in the penis! (roll 6) Ouch! Over compensation! The guard is so enraged by this nut punch he's going to attack the bread thief next turn!

Guard C HP: ||

V-
I will protect the bread thief and attack the last guard.

DM-
Your attack fails! (roll 2!)
The guard attacks the bread thief! (roll 1) it totally fails! The guard falls on his ass! -1 dodge roll.
The bread thief peeks out from behind you. He does a barrel roll and swings his fist at the guard's wide open ballsack.
(roll 4)(atk roll 6!) -4 damage! The ballsack explodes inside the guard's pants, and he dies crying.
+3 EXP!
HP/MP RESTORED!
You are now, level 3!
You gain 5 HP, and 5 MP to your total stats.
(Even levels you gain skills, odd levels you gain a bar of stats.)

The bread thief turns starry-eyed towards you.
"Thank you so much, ma'am!" he squeaks. "I owe you my life!"
Elf Thief/Bard Joins Your Party!
Elf (unnamed) HP: ||||||
MP: |||
spell: Sing! (1-6 chance to stun random enemy for 1 turn, cool-down 3 turns, mp cost 1.)
The Elf gains a level! He is now level 2! Choose a new skill for him.

V-
"Don't even mention it, kid," I say coolly, "But we should get out of here. Follow me."
Name: Zugar Elduim
New Skill: Refresh Song: A light healing spell.

I try and find my way out of town.

DM-
Skill;
(Skill: Refresh Song: MP Cost: 2. A light healing spell. Roll 6sd for cure amount. Cool-Down 3 Turns)

You find the way to exit town. From the same archway you saw guards at last night. However, 4 more guards are coming towards you from that direction! They saw you kill the other guards in cold blood in the middle of the town square!

V-
I don't want to kill them, but I might not have a choice. I prepare for battle.

(By the way, is my fire breath cooled off yet?)

DM-
The guards are on you!!!
Guard A HP: ||||| ||||| MP: ||||| (skill: Refresh Song: MP Cost: 2. A light healing spell. Roll 6sd for cure amount. Cool-Down 3 Turns)
Guard B HP: ||| (2 iron scimitars w/ +1 atk each)
Guard C HP: |||| (1 iron breastplate, w/ +1 def)
Guard D HP: ||||| MP: ||||(Spell: flashfreeze - freezes everyone in the field for one turn, except the caster. Mp: cost 4)

V-
Alrighty, I'll fire breath Guard A definitely, but I might attempt to hit a nearby guard with it too.
My partner will do one of his signature nut cracker punches on Guard B.

DM-
The firebreath hits Guard A like a wave of steam from steaming rice... Or something. (hits for 3 and adds a Burn counter.)
Zubar winds up his ball-punching arm (roll 3) and hits for 2.
Guard A attacks you! And hits for 0!
Guard B attacks you! And hits for 5!
Guard C attacks you! And hits for 0!
Guard D casts flashfreeze! Everyone is frozen next turn, except himself!

Guard A HP ||||| || MP: ||||| (skill: Refresh Song: MP Cost: 2. A light healing spell. Roll 6sd for cure amount. Cool-Down 3 Turns) 1Burn
Guard B HP: ||| (2 iron scimitars w/ +1 atk each)
Guard C HP: |||| (1 iron breastplate, w/ +1 def)
Guard D HP: ||||| MP: ||||(Spell: flashfreeze - freezes everyone in the field for one turn, except the caster. Mp: cost 4)

Next turn!
Guard D attacks Zugar! And hits for 4!

Everyone thaws out!
Commence!

V-
I'll give the dagger to Zubar, but have him cast Refresh Song on me.
I will finish off Guard B.

DM-
The Refresh Song heals for 6! 1 hp overshot heals Zugar by 1.
You slash through Guard B! He falls into two half guards and showers everyone except Zugar in blood!
Guard A casts Refresh Song on himself! He is healed by 3!
Guard C attacks Zugar! And Hits for 1!
Guard D attacks you! And hits for 3!


Guard A HP ||||| || MP: ||||| (skill: Refresh Song: MP Cost: 2. A light healing spell. Roll 6sd for cure amount. Cool-Down 3 Turns (3 to go!)) 1Burn
Guard C HP: |||| (1 iron breastplate, w/ +1 def)
Guard D HP: ||||| MP: ||||(Spell: flashfreeze - freezes everyone in the field for one turn, except the caster. Mp: cost 4, Cool-down 3)(two turns to go)

V-
I tell Zugar to stand from a distance and Sing! to Guard A. (If that's still charging he'll just defend)
I will attack Guard C.

DM-
Guard A is stunned this turn!
Guard D attacks Zugar! (roll 1) Zugar is out of reach, and he didn't notice! His fist swing collides with Guard C's head! -1 damage!
You swing your sword at Guard C, and cut him clear in half! Blood rains all over the town square, drenching the spectators!


Guard A HP ||||| || MP: ||||| (skill: Refresh Song: MP Cost: 2. A light healing spell. Roll 6sd for cure amount. Cool-Down 3 Turns (3 to go!)) 1Burn
Guard D HP: ||||| MP: ||||(Spell: flashfreeze - freezes everyone in the field for one turn, except the caster. Mp: cost 4, Cool-down 3)(two turns to go)

V-
I'll fire breath Guard D. Zugar will remain guarding in the distance.

DM-
The fire soothes the Guard D into eternal sleep... Deadification.
Guard A is dazed still.

Guard A HP ||||| || MP: ||||| (skill: Refresh Song: MP Cost: 2. A light healing spell. Roll 6sd for cure amount. Cool-Down 3 Turns (3 to go!)) 1Burn

V-
Zugar stays where he is, Guarding.
I'll go ahead and attack Guard A.

DM-
You slice Guard A, expecting him to explode in a shower of blood. Unfortunately, your Iron Sword is stuck inside his ribs and guts!
-1 Iron Sword
Guard A charges you with the iron sword sticking out of his chest! Hits you for 2 hp!


Guard A HP | MP: ||| (skill: Refresh Song: MP Cost: 2. A light healing spell. Roll 6sd for cure amount. Cool-Down 3 Turns (1 to go!)) 1Burn

V-
I will slash at Guard A with my claws while Zugar attacks with the dagger.

DM-
Cross-slash! You overkill the last guard so much, he splinters into several chunks of bloody meat!
Your Iron sword lands in the ground behind you.
+4 EXP!
You are now Level 4! Select a new skill!
Zugar is now Level 3, +5 HP/MP.
You also see one of the guards' gold purse land at your feet. +20 gold.

V-
"Well, that was messy," I say, "You alright, Zugar?"
Afterwards we go shopping with our newly stolen money.
My skill will be Vigor: An attack buff.

DM-
The crowd readily parts as you squelch towards the item store, covered in blood.
Inside, the owner reluctantly opens his buy/sell shop.
Items
--------
Iron Weapon(+1 atk) - 5g
Iron Armour(+1 def) - 5g
Health Potion(+50% HP Recover, roll 6sd if in battle) - 15g
Great Health Potion(+100% HP Recover, roll 6sd if in battle) - 50g
Mana Potion(+50% MP Recover, roll 6sd if in battle) - 15g
Great Mana Potion(+100% MP Recover, roll 6sd if in battle) - 50g
Speed Elixir(All Spell Cool-Down Reset) - 200g
Flask of Water - 2g
Lockpick - 1g
Rustleroot - 100g
Needle and thread - 2g
Firekit - 5g
Rope - 5g
Cooking Pot - 5g
Preparation-H - 5g
Ten-Foot Pole - 5g
You can also buy from this list: HERE.
(note prices are the same number but the only unit of money is G for this game.


V-
I'll buy a tent (10G)
A fishing rod and hook (5G)
And some Iron Chain Mail for Zugar (5G)

DM-
The shopkeeper suddenly cowers and runs into the back room. A shadow looms over you both as you inspect your new items...

V-
I activate Vigor and turn around to face this probably slightly more dangerous threat.

DM-
Vigor active, next turn power boost!

You find a giant guard!
"We're guards..." he says.

BOSS: Captain of Guards
HP: ||||| ||||| |||||
MP: ||||
Skill: Execute! Mp cost: 2. Roll 6sd... 6-4 success. Roll again for base damage, plus current MP #.
Inventory: Iron plate armour (+1 Def)
2 Iron Swords (+1 atk/per)

V-
Zugar will Sing!
I will attack this turn.

DM-
Your attack succeeds, barely. All that armour... Will be in the way.
(1+4+1+1-1=6)
Zugar's song fails, as he is off tune (2)
Boss uses Execute on Zugar for such a shoddy song.
(6+2=8) zugar loses 8 HP!


BOSS: Captain of Guards
HP: ||||| ||||
MP: ||
Skill: Execute! Mp cost: 2. Roll 6sd... 6-4 success. Roll again for base damage, plus current MP #.
Inventory: Iron plate armour (+1 Def)
2 Iron Swords (+1 atk/per)

V-
Zugar will use Refresh Song on himself, while I'll Use Fire Breath on the boss.

DM-
Zugar restores 4 HP.
Firebreath burns the Boss for 2 HP! Add 1 Burn!
Captain uses Execute on you! Hits you for 5hp!


BOSS: Captain of Guards
HP: ||||| ||
Inventory: Iron plate armour (+1 Def)
2 Iron Swords (+1 atk/per)

V-
Zugar and I will both spam attack. DIE!!!

DM-
Zugar's dagger bounces off the plate armour!
Your sword dents the platemail! -2 damage.
The Boss attacks with both swords! One misses, and the other hits Zugar for 3 HP!


BOSS: Captain of Guards
HP: |||||
Inventory: Iron plate armour (+1 Def)
2 Iron Swords (+1 atk/per)

V-
I tell Zugar to hide again, while I attack...he is a bard, after all.

DM-
You hit for 4!
Boss hits you for 3!


BOSS: Captain of Guards
HP: |
Inventory: Iron plate armour (+1 Def)
2 Iron Swords (+1 atk/per)

V-
I'll attack, Zugar guards.

DM-
Your attack slices the Boss in half! The Boss explodes, causing the plate armour and weapons to go splattering against the walls.
+2 EXP!
+1 Bronze Weapon(+2 atk)
Learned 'Execute!' MP Cost: 2. (1/2 current MP # = Damage.) Cool-Down: 4

V-
I bid the shopkeeper farewell, and leave. As I exit the village once and for all, I don't even glance at the townsfolk who shunned me in the past, and stare at me in disgust now. Yes, my past in this life is all too clear, and I realize that leaving this place for good is the only future for me. With Zugar at my side, I start my journey to the mountains from my other life...
Zugar's new skill is Energy Song, which can lower the cooldown on spells and abilities.

DM-
You are at the south entrance to town, as it is the only exit. To the south, you see the Great Lake, and the virgin sacrefice platform. To the west you see the Great Wall of Rumpturnip, and beside you a sign reading, "Tomtom Village". To the east you see moutains. To your north, the gate into town.

V-
I decide to visit the place where I was a full dragon last, the sacrifice platform.

DM-
You find the chain pillar covered in moss and filth. Like it hadn't been used in 18 years.

V-
I walk over to the chain pillar and place my claw on it, trying to remember...

DM
(Roll 1) Instead of a memory, you see a flash of evil red eyes, the signia of Ash, some chickens in a pen, and white tigers.
You fall back, as if pushed, and the pillar before you crumbles into rubble.

V-
I try to leave the area as quickly as I can. I don't think I'm welcome here...

DM-
(Roll 6)
You scamper away so fast, you trip over a portruding root and tumble down the hill into the Great Lake.
Suddenly a giant neck erupts from the Lake. The Lake Serpent attacks your party!

Lake Serpent
HP: ||||| ||||| ||||
MP: ||||
Spell: Flashfreeze: Freezes everyone in the area except the user for 1 turn. Mp cost: 2, cool-down 4.

V-
I'll activate Vigor and chop at its neck! (My bronze weapon is a scimitar btw, if that's okay)
Zugar will Sing! to it.

DM-
You cannot attack while casting a spell.
Vigor is activated! Next turn will have an attack buff.
Sing connects!
Lake Serpent is mesmerised.

V-
Zugar and I will attack the beast together.
Zugar misses and falls in the deep end. Next turn he will have to swim to shore, and cannot act.
Your bronze weapon takes a heavy chunk out of the Serpent's scaly hide!
(4+2+1=7)
the Serpent is enraged and will attack you for two turns!


Lake Serpent
HP: ||||| ||
MP: ||||
Spell: Flashfreeze: Freezes everyone in the area except the user for 1 turn. Mp cost: 2, cool-down 4.

V-
While Zugar swims to shore, I'll aim for the Lake Serpent's neck.
The bronze skimitar gets lodged in the Serpent's neck until the end of battle!
-2 damage though.
The Serpent uses Flashfreeze!

Next phase!
The serpent divebombs your face!
Hits for...0... Welp.
Everyone thaws. Serpent is no longer enraged!
Zugar rejoins you!

V-
I'll hit the beast with a blast of fire breath. Afterwards, Zugar will attack with his seems-to-miss-a-lot dagger.

DM-
Your firebreath is useless on the water fiend!
Meanwhile, in purely imitated style, Zugar's dagger slices through the Serpent and blood and guts and bones and muccus and last night's lunch and eyeballs and smell explode across the lake, as well as all over the two of you.
+1 EXP!

V-
We wash up in the lake before continuing the adventure. Separately, of course. Afterwards, we set a course for the mountains.

DM-
The clearest way seems to be to follow the river north, leading from the Great Lake. By the time you reach the mountain, it is night.
The mountain base is a deadly area, especially at night.
It isn't long until you are assaulted by Werfwarfs. Which are in-bred werewolf halflings that originally hailed from the northern country, Frankfoil.

Werfwarf A HP: ||||| || (+1 attack)
Werfwarf B HP: ||||| || (+2 attack)
Werfwarf Youngling HP: |||| (+5 attack)
Werfwarf Pet Dog HP: ||||| ||||| ||||| (-6 attack +5 licks)

V-
I will use the Execute skill on Werfwarf B. I'll leave Zugar to befriend the adorable Pet Dog from a distance. He's good with animals, right?

DM-
The werfwarf B is bleeding profusely, since you basically ripped him in half with a power slash! -5 hp
Werfwarf A and B and Youngling attack you, since Zugar is too far away.
A hits for... What's this?! He misses at slices off the face of Werfwarf B! -1 HP
WERFWARF B is hanging together by sinue and willpower, and has no skin or fur on his face! Werfwarf in an epic show of fortitude attacks you!
But he falls on his ... Face area.
Werfwarf Youngling howls in dismay and confusion. It leaps at you! The youngling's claws slash you for -7 HP!
Zugar is Epic Successful with dog playing? The dog falls in serious love with Zugar and joins the party!
+Dog (unnamed) HP: ||||| ||||| ||||| (-6 attack +5 licks)

Werfwarf A HP: ||||| || (+1 attack)
Werfwarf B HP: | (+2 attack)
Werfwarf Youngling HP: |||| (+5 attack)

V-
Zugar will cast Refresh Song on me, while I put Werfwarf B out of its misery with my scimitar.
The dog will, uh, do whatever it wants, I guess.

DM-
In a leaping spiral, your blade rips through every tendon holding the straggly Werfwarf intact. Werfwarf B explodes buckets of blood and meat all over you, zugar, the dog and the youngling's face!
Werfwarf A attacks you while the Refresh Song cures you by 5 hp! The magic of the song dazzles the simple, inbred werfwarf, and he falls on a stone, cracking his head open like an egg! -3 damage.
The youngling has tears running down its face. And is paralized in fear, covered in his father's blood and guts.

Werfwarf A HP: |||| (+1 attack)
Werfwarf Youngling HP: |||| (+5 attack)

V-
Zugar and I finish off the Werfwarf A together. The dog should go and comfort that poor kid ;-;

DM-
Your sword cuts the remaining Werfwarg in half. After the top half falls off blood sprays out of the bottom half like someone squeezing a water bottle.
Zugar misses entirely and cuts off his left hand.
The dog meanwhile, licks the werfwarg boy clean, and reminds the youngling that there is more to life than death.
THE WERFWARG YOUNGLING JOINS YOUR PARTY FOR SPARING HIS LIFE!
"I owe my life to you," says the werfwarg.

+Werfwarg Youngling (unnamed) Level 1
HP: |||| MP: 0
Skill: Full-Moon Blitz! +5 Attack damage for unarmed attack. Passive Ability
+2 EXP!
Val is Level 5! +5 HP/MP
Zugar needs 1 more exp to lvl
Werfwarg is Level 2! Pick a new skill. (Yes he gained exp from his father and mother.)

V-
Werfwarg Youngling
Name: Kruxus
New Skill: Howl - Call for the aid of nearby wolves/werfwargs.

Dog
Name: Angelo
New Skill: Lick Heal - Restores some HP.

DM-
It is coming close to night now, and there is a cave ahead on the mountain path.

V-
I'll just go to sleep, as I don't think Quick Heal has cooled off yet.

DM-
HP/MP Restored!
In the dead of night, the lot of you are awoken by a hollow cry of remorse from the cave. It starts like a wallowing ghost, and becomes the sound of a weeping widow. A phantom appears before you, and waits until you're all quite awake and paying attention. Except for Zugar, who is fast asleep and sad about his poor hand being chopped off.
The phantom of the cave pronounces, "He will smoke in the age of memory."
And then with a scream of despair, the phantom attacks you.

Phantom
HP: ||||| ||||| ||||| |||
MP: ||||| |||||
Skill: Drain: MP Cost: 1 (Drains some of target MP, to replenish the user's MP. Roll for Drain Amount.) Cool-Down 3 Turns
Skill: Soul Crusher: MP Cost: 4 (Roll for Damage, 1/2 Damage to MP) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Skill: Flashfreeze: MP Cost: 2 (Freezes everyone in the area except the user for 1 turn.) Cool-Down 4 Turns

V-
Krux and I will attack, while I send Angelo to wake up and cheer up Zugar with a friendly lick barrage.

D-
Your sword passes through the phantom!
Krux's claws managed to scratch the beast for 6 damage!
Angelo yaps and licks at Zugar, but he rolls over (Roll 2).
Phantom casts Soul Crusher on Krux! Hits for 3 HP / 0 MP! Krux is down to 1 HP.

Phantom
HP: ||||| ||||| ||
MP: ||||| |
Skill: Drain: MP Cost: 1 (Drains some of target MP, to replenish the user's MP. Roll for Drain Amount.) Cool-Down 3 Turns
Skill: Soul Crusher: MP Cost: 4 (Roll for Damage, 1/2 Damage to MP) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Skill: Flashfreeze: MP Cost: 2 (Freezes everyone in the area except the user for 1 turn.) Cool-Down 4 Turns

V-
I tell Krux to run away and hide, like Zugar does all the time.
I will use Execute on the phantom. Angelo will try again to wake Zugar up, this time by barking.

DM-
Krux is so bad at hiding, that he stands a few meters away and closes his eyes. If he can't see the monster, the monster can't see him? (Roll 1)
Angelo successfully stirs Zugar. Zugar will be groggy next turn, taking a -1 to his next roll.
Your blade crushes through the enemy with red light. You feel the cold power of an Executioner rush through you! -5 Damage on the Phantom!
Phantom uses Flashfreeze!

Next Turn
Phantom attacks Val. Valudír takes 5 Damage!

Next Turn
Everyone thaws! Commence!

Phantom
HP: ||||| ||
MP: ||||
Skill: Drain: MP Cost: 1 (Drains some of target MP, to replenish the user's MP. Roll for Drain Amount.) Cool-Down 3 Turns
Skill: Soul Crusher: MP Cost: 4 (Roll for Damage, 1/2 Damage to MP) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Skill: Flashfreeze: MP Cost: 2 (Freezes everyone in the area except the user for 1 turn.) Cool-Down 4 Turns

V-
Zugar will first use Refresh Song on Kruxus.
Kruxus will hide again(hopefully better this time)
Angelo will do...dog things, I guess.
I will attack the phantom.

DM-
Zugar rubs his eyes and tries to sing. (Roll 2-1=1) His voice is all over the place, but he slightly cures Kruxus. To try and escape the painful noise of Zugar's voice, Krux jumps behind a rock and is safe for now.
Angelo finds a scent and begins digging. He finds a bone! (+5 Cure for Dogs)
+1 Bone!
You recoil from the Phantom's attack, and leap at the ghost! -5 Damage to the Phantom!
Phantom moans in despair! It uses Drain on Valudír, sucking out 3 MP!

Phantom
HP: ||
MP: ||||| |
Skill: Drain: MP Cost: 1 (Drains some of target MP, to replenish the user's MP. Roll for Drain Amount.) Cool-Down 3 Turns
Skill: Soul Crusher: MP Cost: 4 (Roll for Damage, 1/2 Damage to MP) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Skill: Flashfreeze: MP Cost: 2 (Freezes everyone in the area except the user for 1 turn.) Cool-Down 4 Turns

V-
Zugar and I will attack the phantom.
Angelo will go hide behind the rock with Krux.

DM-
(Roll 1) Valudír swings so hard at the phantom that she chops off Zugar's left forearm, up to the elbow. It falls on the ground like a lump of meat. Zugar meanwhile, in shock and pain of yet more of his lost limb, manages to slice the phantom! -5 Damage! Angelo goes to sit by his Boy, and begins panting.
The Phantom shrieks in agony and sorrow. Woe is afterlife! Slowly, light begins to bleed out of it, showering you in EXP.
+1 EXP to be exact!
Zugar levels up! His wounds heal over! :D Pick a new skill to add to one-armed Zugar.

V-
Zugar learns Confuse Song, which should have an obvious effect.
We'll continue resting up for the night, with Zugar on watch since he's already healed up and probably is in too much shock to sleep anyway.

DM-
HP/MP Restored for the rest of the party.
Confuse Song will be a 2MP cost, and 4 Turn CD.
In the morning, the bats return from feeding and are enraged that you would dare sleep in their cave.
BATS! There are ten bats, each with 5 HP.

V-
I want Krux to hide if possible, and Angelo to protect him.
Zugar will use confuse song on Bat B, while I use Execute on Bat A.

DM-
Krux closes his eyes again, to pretend the evil bats are not there, but Angelo successfully protects him! So much so that he even manages to swat Bat C out of the air, disorienting it for one turn.
Your blade easily slices Bat A in half, causing bat guts to spray on the other bats.
Bat B is confused by Zugar's enigmatic voice, and doesn't know up from down! As a result it attacks, Bat D for -4 Damage!
Bat C is disoriented for this turn... Bat D attacks Zugar for -1 Damage! Bat E attacks Val for -1 Damage! Bat F, G, H, and I attack Angelo for a collective, -4 damage! Bat J attacks Zugar but it bites for the missing arm and hurts itself for -1 damage!

Bat B: ||||| Confused 2 Turns
Bat C: ||||| Disoriented
Bat D: |
Bat E: |||||
Bat F: |||||
Bat G: |||||
Bat H: |||||
Bat I: |||||
Bat J: ||||

V-
I'll use fire breath on Bat E.
Zugar will attack Bat D.
Same actions for the other.

DM-
Your Firebreath cooks the bat alive!
+1 Bat Meat (Heals 5 HP)
Zugar over-swings for the bat kill, slaughtering Bat D and killing Bat C in the process.
Bat F, G, H, I, J all attempt to attack Krux, but Angelo defends against them all. -9 HP for the dog. (Dog is at 2 HP)

Bat B: ||||| Confused 1 Turn
Bat F: |||||
Bat G: |||||
Bat H: |||||
Bat I: |||||
Bat J: ||||

V-
Angelo needs to get out of here, so I let him run out of the cave to safety.
I'll have Kruxus come out of hiding and attack Bat I.
I'll attack Bat J while Zugar uses Energy Song.

DM-
Bat B is no longer confused, and attacks Zugar for -3!
(Roll 1) Angelo trips over Zugar's fallen forearm!
Kruxus is angry about the hurt being put on his dog! -10 Damage to Bat I! Such an overshot leaks into Bat H! Double Kill! Zugar's spell brings everyone's CD down by 2!
Your skillful blade pokes Bat J through its tiny heart. Insta-kill!
Bat F attacks Zugar for 0, and Bat G attacks Valudír for -2!

Bat B: |||||
Bat F: |||||
Bat G: |||||

V-
Zugar uses Refresh Song on Angelo, who is now guarding himself.
Krux attacks Bat B, while I attack Bat F.


DM-
Angelo bounces back! A full +6 HP heal!
Krux knocks Bat B with a swift swipe of his claws (3+5=8) -8 Damage!
Your blade gets stuck in the Bat F's rib, causing you to slam the damn bat on the ground so you don't lose your +2 ATK weapon AGAIN. Bat F dies from the fact it's just a little bat...
Bat G panics and tries to escape, it is so afraid of you! You killed all of her friends and family. Even her long-time lover, Bat A. Poor Bat G rests her little body on the Hiding Rock and shivers.

V-
I take a break, wondering if I should let it live or die. I decide to let Angelo find out what the bat wants us to do. They're both animals, so maybe they can communicate?

DM-
Angelo is successful!
+New Ability for Angelo!
Animaltongue (Can communicate with any animal)Passive Ability
Kruxus is able to understand what Angelo barks, acting as a mediator.
"So sad, home ruined, why this happen?" Says the bat in roughly translated English. "Now what? I die. So sad. You kill if want."

V-
I say "I'm sorry for what happened, but we had to defend ourselves." after the message is translated back to the bat, I say "I don't want to kill you. From here, we can either go our separate ways, or go together."

DM-
The Bat is translated saying, "You spare life? Nothing is here, you strong. I stay with you."

Victory!
Gained a new party member!
Bat (Unnamed) (HP: |||||)
+9 EXP!
Valudír is now a Level 7 Dragonborn +1 spell and +5 HP/MP
Zugar is now a Level 6 Bard/Thief +1 spell and +5 HP/MP
Kruxus is now a Level 5 Werfwarg 5 +1 spell and +10 HP/MP
Angelo is now a Level 5 Dog +1 spell and +10 HP/MP
Bat (unnamed) is now a Level 4 Bloodsucker +2 spells and 5 HP/MP

V-
Val will learn Ice Breath, a complimentary move to Fire Breath.
Zug will learn Life Song, which can heal all party members in range.
Krux will learn Lunatic High, which raises his attack but also makes him become berserk.
Angelo will learn Guard Dog, a passive skill that causes him to protect party members who are low on health automatically.

The new party member, who will be called Zubat, learns:
Vampire Bite: Drains HP from an enemy, healing Zubat.
Whirlwind: Zubat flaps her wings to create a blast of wind based damage.

DM-
Day is breaking, and you are rested. The daylight shows you that this cave might be an entrance to a cavern. Outside, the path up the mountain is awaiting, as well.

V-
I decide we should split up and do some exploring. I'll take Zubat outside up the mountain path with me, since I'm sure she can do some effective scouting from up above. I'll also take Angelo with me. Zugar and Kruxus will explore the cavern.

DM-
Team 1- Valudír/Zubat/Angelo...
As you exit the mine, you set up the mountain path. There is cold winds, here. You hike for a few hours. You begin to pass small stone shrines. When you pass the fifth one, you notice a stout figure walking towards you.
The person turns out to be a muscular dwarf. He is covered in scars, his beard is grizzly and rough. Also, he is wearing a flowery turquoise silk dress.
He stops you. "Ifn' yer lookin' to meet the Roost, ye best turn tail now, lizard."

Team 2- Zugar/Kruxus
The cave leads to a narrow corridor heading downward. It is very dark before long, and difficult to see. There is a sound of running water, and smell of must. The light here is barely enough to make out the walls.

V-
Team 1:
I say to the dwarf "That is indeed my destination. Do you intend to stop me?"

Team 2:
We try to follow the sound of the water.

DM-
Team 1:
The dwarf looks you up and down in a grumpy way. "What nerve! Do as you please, lady lizard. It is your funeral. It was my misfortune to even attempt it. None of my many spells were effective against the Rooster."

Team 2:
The water leads you into a large cavern, there is enough light to shine off the water here, that you can somewhat make out the enormous underground lake before you. The sides of the cavern all seem to lead into the lake. There is only a slim ledge on the one side.

V-
Team 1:
"A Rooster?" I say, "Can you give me more details, please?"

Team 2:
We'll try traversing the ridge so we can delve deeper into the cavern.

DM-
Team 1:
"Aye," the dwarf says, coming closer to you, and looking very grim, "Her eyes... They seen things, them eyes... She be standin' near fi'ty feet tall, and th' breath of lava. Aye, the Rooster be waitin' fer any wot goes yonder. Yer not really goin' up there are ye?"

Team 2:
As the pair of you edge around the lake, (roll 2) Kruxus slips on his paws, and slides into the deep. The water is cool and refreshing, but there seems to be no bottom and in this darkness, no telling how far this cavern lake goes.

V-
Team 1:
"Unfortunately, I have no choice," I say, "Thank you for the warning." I start back up the trail with my companions.

Team 2:
Zugar jumps down into the lake with Kruxus, and they start swimming back to the shore.

DM-
Team 1: (Roll 4)
"Will'y nay take me on? At least if yer goin' up, that is. The Rooster's got me love. Say ye'll take me. I'll be nay burden on ye. Plenty useful, I is."

Team 2: (Roll 1)
After diving in, you are disoriented. You begin swimming, but it takes far too long, and you are now lost in this dark cave lake. You feel something brush past your feet.

V-
Team 1:
"Sure, you can come along if you want to," I respond, "The more the merrier." I have a bad feeling about the other group though, and send Zubat to check on them.

Team 2:
I'll spend this turn letting the group rest. It sounds like they aren't the greatest swimmers. I guess Zugar's missing arm might have a thing to do with it.

DM-
Team 1:
A dwarf joins the party! Level 7 Dancer
HP: ||||| |||||
MP: ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
Inventory:
Silk Dress (+2 Style)
Slippers (+1 Style
Iron Darts x20 (1 ATK/each)
Natural Grace: (+10 Style while wearing a dress) Passive Ability
Hipno Step: MP Cost: 2. (Can mesmerize enemies for a turn, making them act as a hero during the current attack phase, does not work on Bosses or single enemies.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Congo Line: MP Cost: 4. (Organize a Congo line with the enemies. Next turn, ignore dodge rolls, and just roll for damage when they are targeted.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Foxtrot: MP Cost: 5. (Roll twice for damage, and the amount can be distributed as the user pleases among the enemies) Cool-Down 10 Turns
Cheerleader: MP Cost: 5 (Heal for the amount of Style the caster has) Cool-Down 6 Turns
Disco Inferno: MP Cost: 2 (Roll for damage, distribute damage among the enemies via russian roulette. Fire from the sky!) Cool-Down 4 Turns

Team 2:
The team is at rest. Something brushes by their feet again, and there is a trickling sound of something brushing to top of the water. The darkness and void of sound is ...dwarfing. GET IT!

V-
Team 1:
We set off, keeping wary of the rooster(cockatrice?).

Team 2:
They look down at they're feet, trying to see what keeps brushing against them.

DM-
We will pause Team 1, as they are now hours ahead of Team 2.

Team 2-
The water is dark, but you see something, surprisingly. Something glowing. It is faint, but in this darkness it is definitely there. The glowing gets brighter. It is coming up, towards Zugar and Kruxus!

V-
Zug and Krux get ready to battle whatever the light is.

DM-
Like a fountain of light, the source turns out to be a greenish-blue orb, with flecks of dark spots, like torn skin. Not so bad... Not so great---a row of teeth, and what looks like a huge rock begin looming forward into the light. It's a giant fish! Almost like a baby Dagon...

As your eyes adjust to the new light source, you find the beast is perhaps 12 feet wide and who knows how long...

Baby Dagon
HP: ||||| ||||| |||||
MP: ||||| ||||| |||||
Spells:
Ink: MP Cost: 3 (Gives 1 target a -4 ATK for 1 turn) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Doom Song: MP Cost: 5 (Cancels any song being song.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Control Water: MP Cost: 5 (Roll for Damage! A torrent of water blasts a target!) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Wish: MP Cost: 5 (Roll for amount. Distribute amount to heal HP or MP randomly.) Single-Use

V-
Zugar will simply Sing! to it, while Krux activates Lunatic High and goes to town.

DM-
Baby Dagon is stunned by Zugar's beautiful voice. Or it is confused. Whatever, it's inactive for 1 turn!
Kruxus lets out a crazed howl, and his fur is on end. There's a mad look in his eye... What will happen next!? He is +5 ATK and ready to go. Next 5 turns he will attack non-stop.

V-
Zugar will attack the Baby Dragon.

DM-
Zugar slashes the beast for a terrifying -3 damage... welp. It's hard to swim and attack with only one arm.
Meanwhile, the crazy Kruxus rips the fish apart with his claws and teeth. -10 Damage! The poor monster...
Speaking of the monster, it's dazed and cannot attack. Aw...

Baby Dagon
HP: ||
MP: ||||| ||||| |||||

V-
Zugar will swim away, just in case the crazed Krux decides to attack him instead...

DM-
Zugar swings but can't balance himself in the water (Roll 1) and he splutters, taking in some water. Trying to right himself, he accidentally drops his dagger.
-1 Iron Dagger
Kruxus meanwhile leaps on the beastie and rips with all his might! The poor little fish dies in a bloody mess.
+1 EXP!
Kruxus is still in a lunatic state!

V-
Swim, Zugar, Swim!

DM-
(Roll 6) Zugar gets away, and the glow from the light orb is fading. However, in the glimmer of the light, Zugar notices land not far off. There is also a glimmer beneath him, and Zugar feels something brush by his feet.
Behind Zugar, Kruxus is actively tearing at the bloody husk remains of the Baby Dagon.

V-
Zugar swims toward that land.

DM-
(Roll 1)Zugar almost makes it, but something bites his left pinky toe off!
(Roll 6)Kruxus meanwhile gnaws at the bones of the now nearly stripped of meat Baby Dagon.

V-
Zugar, probably crying over his horrible luck(seriously, why can't someone else lose a limb for once?) finishes the swim to the shore(Hopefully). He then calls to Kruxus.

DM-
Now on the other shore, Zugar's voice reaches Kruxus who is rubbing his cheek, wondering what just happened. He quickly joins you (using the doggy paddle).
The new shore is dark, as the orb of light has died out. However, feeling around, you find a hole large enough to crawl through. This is definitely not the way you came in.

V-
It's about time for a short break. Zugar practices his singing while Kruxus cleans up his claws.

DM-
As you rest up, HP/MP/CD are replenished. Also, Zubar's singing draws Zubat to the team!

V-
It's time to explore the hole. Zubat will lead the way since she can find her way in the dark.

DM-
Zubat leads the way, and while she has an easy time, the other two are forced on their hands and knees. Well, hand and knees in Zugar's case. The cave is very tight, and you need to travel in single file. After an hour's travel upwards, the cave opens up. Here, there are spots of light that make it possible to see, especially after adapting to this dark.
You arrive at a small platform where Zugar and Kruxus can stand. A thin ledge leads into the great chasm before you. Either side seems to fall forever. Above you, the ceiling goes on forever. Across the ledge you see some stairs.

V-
We'll carefully climb the stairs, one at a time. Who knows how sturdy they are. Zubat will just fly up there, of course.

DM-
You reach the top of the staircase, but Zugar stubs his big left toe. (Roll 6)
At the top, there is a tall doorway, it is locked. There are two windows high on either side of the door that lead into whatever the next room is. Behind you, you see a chandelier that is made of ancient iron, and is very rusty.

V-
I'll see if can collect some iron from the chandelier for Val to use later.

DM-
(Roll 6) You find 1 Iron Chandelier, it's good for 5 Iron Ore once melted down.
+1 Heavy Ass Iron Chandelier
However, the chain it was attached to falls on Zugar's left foot, causing him to stumble off the staircase. He manages to catch hold of the edge though, and is hauled back up by Kruxus.

V-
"Thanks a lot..." says Zugar, as the group makes its plans to climb though the window left of the locked door.

DM-
Zugar falls down the stairs but catches himself mid-way, and Kruxus scrambles to pull himself through, only to find there's bars in the way. He hops back down, and Zubat zips right through.

Zubat POV.
You are now in a long, dark hallway. There are a series of tall columns, each of them spiraling upwards to a ceiling you can barely make out with echolocation.
+1 Skill
Zubat Learned Echolocation! (See in the dark by using sound vibrations!) Passive Ability
Behind you, the window you came from. To your right, the door and the window opposite the door.
The walls on either side are too far away to see, also.

V-
I suppose I will keep going the way I was, only now in a running for my life fashion.

DM-
The Aging Horde chase after you, well, hobble after you with their walkers and canes and wheelchairs and bad backs. So, eventually you find yourself walking away for your life.
The Aging Horde lead you into a small chamber at the end of the hall. There is no way out, but the door has a lock which is sufficient to hold their leathery skinned hands at bay for now.

V-
I take a look around to see if I can find anything nifty in here. Maybe something to scare away the horde.

DM-
You are inside a storage closet. The supplies have been mostly emptied out. However, you find 2 beef jerky sticks (Heal 5 HP each), a bucket, some rope, a large rock the size of a baseball, and a starved-looking woman dressed in a white dress with a white cap. She is clinging to a piece of beef jerky and is shivering and shaking. There is a small window, big enough for Zubat, except for the grating blocking the way that lights the room. Also, there is a couple skeletons in white dresses, one of whom is clinging to a large parchment book.

V-
I ask the woman if she is alright, and how did she get here.

DM-
The woman unblinkingly looks at you and then back to the skeletons and continues rocking.
"They worked them to the bone..." she finally croaks. Sounding like she had to remember how to speak.

V-
Zugar: Sings a song to the woman to calm her down
Krux: Grabs the bucket and the rope
Zubat: Examines the window

DM-
Zugar's singing only aggravates the woman, causing her to start singing back at him a lullaby. (It doesn't put him to sleep, but it is freaking creepy.)
Krux feels there are still some things to gather, but returns to Zugar nontheless.
Zubat returns also, because the window is not an exit.

V-
Zugar tries to match the same melody that the creepy woman is singing. Krux picks up the rock. Zu examines the skeletons.

DM-
Zugar succeeds! The woman blinks her tired eyes, and stops rocking. She simply listens and starts chewing her beef jerky.
Kruxus weighs the rock in his hand and adds it to his inventory.
Zubat rests on the book to examine the skeletons, however, her weight causes the book to come loose. It tumbles on the floor and opens to a certain page.

V-
Zugar keeps singing while Kruxus walks over to read the page.
Zubat keeps flying around the room, looking for clues.

DM-
The woman's complexion slowly begins to turn normal, and the tired look begins to fade with the soothing music and beef jerky. However, she runs out of beef jerky and begins rocking again.
Zubat finds in the back corner a small locked cabinet with a red cross on it. He also finds a small switch on the wall that is currently down.
Kruxus reads:
Dear Diary,
We have worked nonstop for the Aging Horde now, it seems they only come out in the night, so we have that. If only they could empty their own bed pans and change their own diapers. Woe is Sally, who has been worked to the bone. Though, with Sally gone, our beef jerky supply is slightly larger. Now me and the other woman, forget her name... can last a little longer.
I've got to go diary, it is so painful to even write at this point...

Yours Truly,
-Winsley Summer

It is the final entry.

V-
Zug carefully gives the woman another beef jerky, still singing. Krux pockets the diary and Zubat flips the switch.

DM-
The woman snatches it up and continues eating. Her beauty slowly restoring.
+1 1/2 Empty Diary
-1 Beef Jerky
Zubat tries with all her tiny might, and just when she is about to give up and collapse on the floor, the tiny switch turns over. There is a loud CHURK! sound. Followed by a cry from the mob outside, and the stampede of hundreds of elderly people seeking shelter in the ceiling.
+1 EXP (one puzzle solved!)
Zubat gains a level! Level 5. +5 HP/MP!

V-
Zubat takes a look outside, while Kruxus tries to raid the cabinet.
Zug hands the last beef jerky to the woman.

DM-
As Zubat opens the door, the room is flooded with light. The nurse looks at it as she snarfs the last of the beef jerky down, and stands up.
"Sunlight... It's day time. We're free?" she turns to the skeletons, and slackens. "It wasn't a dream, was it?"
Kruxus manages to pry open the cabinet, it was only locked with a bat-proof lock.
Inside he finds supplies.
+1 Bandage Roll (Stops bleeding)
+1 Burn Cream (Stops Burn DoTs)
+1 Vaccine (Cures poison)

V-
"I don't think it was a dream, but..." said Zugar, "You are free to go now. Do you want to come with us?"

DM-
The woman gazes still at her lost comrads. "If I am to join you, we must do something with my friends. We cannot leave them here, lest the Aging Horde eat them. They deserve more than that."

V-
"You mean there are more of you being held captive?" asks Kruxus.

DM-
"No, I mean these two. They were my best friends in here. We knew each others names and everything." The nurse sighs, and glances at the window, then to the door. "Oh no... I've just remembered. We must leave! It is not safe here. When the light is switched on, the sauna is switched off... He will be angry."

V-
"What sauna?" asks Zugar, "Who's 'He'?"
Kruxus skims through the diary he picked up earlier.

DM-
"The sauna at the end ...of....the.......hall....Where did you get that?" the woman asks, taking the diary. She reads the final entry. "She... didn't know my name? SHE DIDN'T KNOW MY NAME?!"
The nurse tosses the book into the air, then takes out a sword and a rapier she had in her invisible inventory and slices the book into confetti.
"That does it. Screw them. I mean, take the bones I guess. Maybe we'll meet a dog who needs healing. Anyway, I'll join you, and we seriously need to get out of here. There isn't much ti--" just then the floor and ceiling and walls reverberated with a giant thud.
"--me." The nurse looks around. "Shit."
+1 EXP (puzzle solved!)
+1 Party Member!
Level 7 Fencer (EXP: 0)
Unnamed Nurse
Stats:
HP: ||||| ||||| ||||| |
MP:
Inventory:
1 Bronze Rapier (2 ATK)
1 Iron Shortsword (1 ATK)
1 Crossbow
20 Iron Crossbow Bolts (1 ATK)
1 Elbow Shield (1 DEF)
Nurse Outfit (-2 Style)
2 Beef Jerky (5 HP Cure)
Swordskill:
Two-Handed: (Can accurately hold two swords) Passive Ability
Stunning Strike: (If both weapons hit with 4 or more, roll again for chance to stun enemy.) Passive Ability
Intelligent Design: (Find the weakness in armour, and ignore DEF modifiers) Passive Ability
Uncanny Dodge: (Any roll higher than 4 successfully 1/2 the damage taken from attacks.) Passive Ability
Point to Throat: (If both attack rolls are 6, roll to kill. 5 and 6 are successful only.) Passive Ability
Refined Choice: (+1 ATK to dual-wielding rapiers.) Passive Ability
Combat Expertise: (At any point, you may take a penalty as much as -5 on your ATK and add that same number to your DEF. This lasts 1 turn and can be used as much as desired.) No Cool-Down

The nurse will not gain MP, and as such must only learn passive skills during level up.

V-
We grab as many bones as we can from the skeletons.
"Wait," says Zugar, "I wonder if I can make a makeshift arm with these one of these arm bones...Perhaps I could control it with an enchantment."

DM-
+22 Bones
+2 Skulls
-6 Bones
----------
16 Bones, 2 Skulls
You manage to create a make-shift arm for Zugar. He now has a bad ass-looking skeleton arm with cool bone spikes on it.
Now, if only he had a weapon...
+Skill: Bone-Arm: (+1 ATK -5 Style) Passive Ability

V-
"Here, you can take this cross-bow," says the fencer, "my name's Loren Vorensia, by the way."
She hands the crossbow to Zugar.

DM-
Challenge 3 Failed. (You may complete at a later time if you figure it out)
Zugar, now armed, and the party assembled, are faced with more scary sounds of someone gargling really loudly. Such a thundering sound you must leave at once. Loren knows the way.

V-
We'll follow Loren out of this place.

DM-
Loren leads you in the big hall you were in before. Now you see there are magnificent crystal chandeliers above, lighting the room. It is an expansive ordeal of marble and craftsmanship. There are several doorways, of which she leads you down the closest to you. There is a long narrow corridor that leads into a chasm of rock. There is a giant rip in the earth, as if the mountain had been cleaved by an axe. The light from above gives you a clear view of the seemingly bottomless pit that cuts the ground before you. Across the pit is another platform. There is a stone bridge just wide enough to fit the lot of you single-file. The other end has a set of stone steps leading to another doorway carved into the mountain.
There is also an old man sitting on the foot of the bridge, barring your passage.

V-
We walk over to the old man.
"We wish to pass over this bridge," declares Loren.

DM-
The old man looks up, though his bushy eyebrows and wizard's hat make it difficult to see his eyes. "None shall pass," wheezes the old geezer.

V-
"But we have to pass!" exclaims Zugar.
"Why won't you let us?"

DM-
"Oh, I'm just practicing my line." The old man gets up and stands to one side. "Say, where are you lot heading?"

V-
"Well, we should probably be heading out of this cave," explained Zugar, "I have to meet my friend Val up the mountain. Will this bridge take us there?"

DM-
"You're leaving this horrible place?!" the old man hops up and down, nearly dislocating his hips. "Take me with you!"

V-
"Welcome to the crew!" said Zugar jovially. We all make our merry way across the bridge.

DM-
+1 Party Member
Level 10 Summoner (EXP: 0)
Aridath Scoazom
Stats:
HP: ||||| |||||
MP: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
Inventory:
1 Magical Staff (1/2 Cool-Down)
Grey robes (It's a Snuggie)
Grey Wizard's hat (it's actually just a really big sock. -2 Style)
Summons:
Clay Cohort: MP Cost: 6 (Summon a creature of clay from thin air. Roll for HP of creature. Only 1 Cohort can exist at a time. Summoning takes 1 turn to complete.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Summon Light: MP Cost: 1 (Conjure light that floats above the caster. Illuminates dark areas. Lasts until turned off. Costs 1 MP to maintain per turn.) No Cool-Down
Summon Weapon: MP Cost: 3 (Conjure a magical sword in one hand. Roll for ATK power. Lasts 4 Turns.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Summon Wall: MP Cost: 4 (Create a wall of energy that nothing can pass through. The wall lasts for 4 Turns.) Cool-Down 4 Turns


V-
"What's your name, sir?" asks Krux.
"Why, it's Aridath Scoazom," said the wizard with a smile, "It's a pleasure to meet ya!"
"I'll lead the way..." says Loren as the party presses onwards.

DM-
Just as you're starting on the bridge... A giant senile old man, with a face that has seen a lot of fists, comes crashing through a wall. Standing at 40 feet tall, he looms over you. He is billowing steam and wearing a giant bath towel. In one hand, he has a bullwhip.
The creature gargles a shriek and storms after you!


Bawlgrog the Senile War Vet
HP: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
MP: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||
Inventory: Bullwhip (+10 ATK)
Tough Skin (+5 DEF)
Overpower (+5 ATK)
Skills:
Death Throes: When killed, Bawlgrog explodes causing 10 damage to anyone nearby. Passive Ability
Entangle: With his bullwhip, Bawlgrog can cause you to be stuck until you roll to escape. It also causes him to be unable to attack with his whip. No Cool-Down

V-
Zugar: Sing!
Kruxus: Attack
Zubat: Whirlwind
Loren: Attack
Aridath: Summon Clay Cohort

DM-
The Bawlgrog is stunned by Sing!
Kruxus attacks for 0!
Zubat's Whirlwind hits for 0!
Loren slices and dices for 1!
Aridath begins forming a Clay Cohort!

V-
"Yeah, this isn't gonna work out so well," mutters Zugar.
"What were we thinking!?" exclaims Kruxus.
"Let's get out of here!" yells Loren.

The party runs the opposite direction of the Bawlgrog on the bridge.

DM-
All except for the old man escape, as he is finished creating his cohort. (5 HP)
The Bawlgrog is waking up from his stupor.

V-
The Clay Cohort will hold off the grog, allowing the old man enough time to catch up to us.

DM-
The Clay Cohort attacks the Bawlgrog for 0 Damage. The Bawlgrog in retaliation punches the Clay Cohort for 12 damage! The old man is barely halfway on the bridge when the Bawlgrog catches up. Everyone else is safe so far!

V-
The wizard turns around to face the Bawlgrog.

"YOU...SHALL NOT...PASS!!!" he yells as his rod strikes the ground, creating a magical wave that holds the beast back.

"NOOOO! Aridath!" cries Zugar. He runs to help him, but is stopped by Loren.

DM-
The Bawlgrog sniffs the air and peers down at the Summoner with pigish eyes. He takes a step forward on the bridge and raises his bullwhip to attack, but the ground gives way as his whip smashes against the magical Wall. Suddenly the entire bridge in front of the Wall crumbles and the Bawlgrog barrel rolls into the endless pit below.
Just as Aridath is turning around with a smug little grin on his face, the Bawlgrog's bullwhip cracks up and snags Aridath by the hat. Refusing to let his precious hat go, Aridath is pulled over the edge. He barely clings to what remains of the bridge, staring into sweet Zugar's soul.
As Zugar struggles against Loren's knowing grip, Aridath utters his last words.
"Run, you fools. I just farted. It's really gross."
And then he is pulled down from sight, never to be seen again!

Suddenly, not allowing you a moment to lament, the Aging Horde appear, and begin throwing full bed pans at you from the other side of the chasm.

V-
We run to the stairs, as it is the only way we can go.

DM-
Up the stairs, you find yourself outside the mountain. Somewhere on the mountain path. As you adjust to the sunlight, you notice tracks in the snow. Also you notice snow. You must be high up the mountain...

V-
We'll examine the tracks. Maybe they're Val's? Or a monster's...

DM-
There are a few tracks, as it turns out. A sort of dinosaur looking track, paws, and slippered feet.

V-
Zugar all of a sudden has a revelation. "Hey Krux, give me this...this...and that." He combines the bucket, the rock and the rope to create a makeshift flail weapon. "You can have this crossbow back now, Loren."

"These tracks are probably Val's and Angelo's," said Kruxus, "I'm not sure about that third set, though." The party decides to follow the tracks...

DM-
+1 Iron Flail (1 ATK)
You follow the tracks until you reach an old rope bridge. It looks unstable, and it's a very long bridge. Like five minutes to cross, easily.

V-
"Well, if Val crossed it..." mutters Zugar, taking the first step. "It's a bit wobbly. Watch your step, everyone."

Kruxus goes next, followed by Loren. Zubat flies above them.

DM-
(Roll 5,4,5) Everyone makes it across without harm. On the other side, you find a new set of tracks, the same as before. They lead up a mountain path that is rather steep. There is another path without tracks that leads in the opposite direction.

V-
We'll all follow the path with tracks.

DM-
As you round the next bend you hear the sound of clashing weapons, roars, and other hustle and bustle of a big fight.

V-
We rush over to see what the ruckus is about, expecting to finally meet up with Val.

DM-
You see the rest of the group, and reunite with them... They just happen to be fighting a giant black dragon that is perched atop a mountain of bones. This is where the Red Dragon of Valudír's "dream" once lived. In Valudír's "dream" past life, she had defeated the black dragon years ago. Yet, here it is undefeated and looms over you worse than the Bawlgrog.

Black Dragon
HP: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
MP: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| |||||
Inventory:
Thick Hide (+2 DEF)
Steel Claws (+4 ATK)
Dragonspell:
Acid Breath: MP Cost: 10 (Hits everyone for 3 HP. Roll for each person to get Poison. 2-1 are given 1 damage over 3 turns) Cool-Down 10 Turns
Whirlwind: MP Cost: 2. (User flaps wings to create a blast of wind based damage. 6sd for Damage.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Fire Breath: MP Cost: 2. Roll 6sd to determine hit, Roll again to determine damage. If victim is still alive, Roll again to determine if enemy receives Burn. (Burn adds 1 to your attack on enemy.) Cool-Down: 4 Turns
Lead Feet: (Can only attack every other turn. Unaffected by stun or freezing though.) Passive Ability

V-
"It's good to see you found your way out alive. And with a new companion!" says Val with as much good cheer as she can muster, "Now help us out here! I can tell you...from experience...that this dragon is strong."

Val: Execute
Zugar: Confuse Song
Kruxus: Howl
Angelo: Dig
Zyb: Foxtrot
Loren: Attack (swords)

DM-
Val attacks for 8! Spiraling flash of amazing skill.
Zugar's voice falls on deaf ears! The monster is too amazing for such a silly song.
Kruxus howls and calls the might of the wilderness! An eagle arrives. (Roll 3) It will aid you until killed or this fight is over.
Eagle
HP: |||
Eagle-Eye (Attacks never miss. Roll for damage) Passive Ability
+New Ability for Angelo!
Learned Dig: MP Cost: 1 (Chance to find an item!) Cool-Down 4 Turns
Angelo finds nothing of use.
Zyb busts out his foxtrot! Fire rains down on the Black Dragon! -5 Damage!
Loren swings but only manages to hit with her rapier! -4 Damage!

V-
Val: Ice Breath
Zugar: Attack
Kruxus: Lunatic High
Angelo: Bark at the Black Dragon
Zyb: Throw
Loren: Attack (Crossbow, then sword)

DM-
Val hits for 3!
Zugar hits for ---ohshit, the new flail is hard to control and he hits himself in the head for 1 damage!
Kruxus activates Lunatic High! Power Attack Time! Next turn will begin!
Angelo Learns Bark!: MP Cost: 1 (User barks at the enemy, causing the enemy's next attack to be directed at the user.) Cool-Down 4 Turns
The Black Dragon eyes the dog, and thinks it's an easy target. It moves to attack the dog!
Zyb hits for -2!
Loren swings for 1! Barely grazed the bastard!
The Black Dragon swats at the dog with his claws! Hits for 7 damage!
Eagle swoops in for -2 Damage!

V-
Val: Vigor
Zugar: Attack
Angelo: Lick Heal on self
Zyb: Throw
Loren: Attack (Swords only again)
Eagle attack

DM-
Val gets pumped up! +4 to next ATK roll!
Zugar hits for -3 damage!
Angelo heals for 8!
Zyb drops the dart on his foot! (Roll 1) hits himself for 2! (But you don't lose the dart!)
Loren hits for 6! She stuns the monster! (except he doesn't really feel it, because he'll attack next turn)
Eagle pecks at the dragon for 1!
In a blind rage, Kruxus leaps on Zugar and rips him up for 9 damage!

V-
Val: Attack!!!
Zugar: Energy Song
Angelo: Dig
Zyb: Cheerleader (Zugar)
Loren: Attack

DM-
Val slashes for 6 Damage!
Zugar brings everyone's spells that much closer to use again!
Angelo digs... Finds a skull! (+15 Heal for dogs!)
Zyb cheers Zugar on! Zugar feels embarrassed refreshed by 13 HP!
Loren slices and dices again! Misses with the rapier but connects with the shortsword for 1!
The eagle swings in for a talon claw attack! 1 Damage!
The Black Dragon reels back and lets out Acid Breath! Zugar is hit in the face! He will take 1 damage for 3 more turns. He also takes 1 damage this round!

V-
Val: Ice Breath
Zugar: Attack
Angelo: Bark
Zyb: Throw
Loren: Attack (Swords)
Krux: attack

DM-
Val: Ice Breath -> 2 Damage!
Zugar: Attack -> The bucket swings around and dings him in the back of his own head for -2 damage.
Angelo: Bark -> Dragon will attack him/her/it
Zyb: Throw -> Miss! (Hard to miss such a huge target, wtf!)
Loren: Attack (Swords) -> 2 damage!
Eagle -> Misses and flies into a rock for 4 damage. It breaks it's little neck and is dead!
Kruxus -> 4 damage!

V-
Val: Attack
Zugar: Sits in a corner
Kruxus: Attack
Angelo: Lick Heal (Zugar)
Zubat: Whirlwind (I guess she took a break)
Loren: Attacks (Swords)
Zyb:Disco Inferno

DM-
Val nails the sucker to the wall with a 2 damage attack!
Kruxus rips the giant beastie apart with a 6 damage attack!
Angelo licks the poor gimpy bastard, for 8 HP
Zubat kicks it into high gear and joins the fight! Whirlwind cuts the dragon with uh wind for 0 damage. Welp... Kinda expected against a monolith like this.
Loren does some kind of cool attack for 4!
Zyb busts out the Disco, he even wears a wig for it! 1 Damage... I guess the dragon wasn't impressed by the 70's.
The dragon doesn't forget the damn dog this time either! It uses Whirlwind to show up Zubat, and nails for 6 damage!

V-
Val: Attack
Zugar: Refresh Song (Zubat)
Kruxus: Attack
Angelo: Defend
Zubat: Vampire Bite
Zyb: Throw
Loren: Attack

DM-
Valudír closes her eyes. This monster... it exists only to solidify that it was only a dream. But it wasn't! She knew in her heart, that she is a true dragon. That she long ago defeated this monster.
This Black Dragon stood in the way of reclaiming what was once hers... Pure Dragonhood! The thought made her cold blood boil. She clenched her bronze scimitar tight and leaps head first at the Black Dragon.
The dragon is preparing to slash at the stupid dog again, but too late---Valudír's sword cuts, and keeps cutting. Until she is on the other side, gripping a bit of rock, hanging off the wall, her blade trailing blood. For a second, time stands still. Then in an instant, the Black Dragon explodes, covering everyone in blood and guts!
Beneath you find a treasure chest! The Chest contains 40 Gold!
Everyone gains 1 Level!
Valudír - Level 8! New Skill!
Zugar - Level 8! New Skill!
Kruxus - Level 6! New Skill!
Angelo - Level 6! New Skill!
Zubat - Level 6! New Skill!
Zyb - Level 8! New Skill!
Loren - Level 8! New Skill!
Aridath - Leve---oh wait. :( RIP Aridath, a true hero among men.
HP/MP Restored!

V-
Valudír - Focus: Restore some of Val's MP.
Zugar - Guard Song: Buff the defense of one character.
Angelo - Cheer: Cheers on an ally. That ally receives +1 to all rolls that turn.
Kruxus - No Mercy: Gains more strength for each enemy Kruxus kills. Wears off after each battle. passive skill
Zubat - Supersonic: Daze or confuse an enemy.
Zyb - Sword Dance: Allows Zyb to attack 4 times next turn.
Loren - Team Attack: Gets +1 to attack roll if attacking with someone else. passive skill

DM-
You spend the next two days heading home. The third day comes, and you wake up to the smell of bacon. Your mother is there with breakfast again, this time nervous-looking.
Your house is very big, and has many rooms. So much that everyone slept well in a bed, except Zugar of course who ended up sleeping on the stone floor with no blanket.
Your mother says, "I... Wasn't expecting to see you again..."
You can now fast-travel to your house in Tomtom Village, and the Dragon Roost at the top of Dragon Roost Mountain. I will calculate how many days it takes with my map.

V-
I summon everyone to a single room.
Uh, everyone crams into your common room. :D
Is there a bigger room? One where everyone can find a good spot? :)
If not, we'll move to Darleson's place. Valudír has much to discuss.

DM-
You find a cellar you did not know existed. It is dark, but a few torches remedy that. You find it is a very large cellar. In fact, it was at one point a tavern and inn. You could probably fit an entire army down here, if you got a ton of bunkbeds...
There are glasses, plates, tables, chairs, a great fireplace, and a kitchen in the back. How the hell did you not know this existed?!?

V-
Valudír takes a deep breath. "Okay...you all have stuck with me this far. It's about time we figure out what we're all fighting for. I traveled to the mountains to figure out who I am because...you see...I used to be a red dragon, but somehow switched lives and became what I am today. Those mountains were my home in my past life, and I had defeated that very black dragon that we fought."
"How is that possible?" asks Loren.
"I'm not sure, but...I don't care anymore. I've enjoyed my time as a Dragonborn, and have made many new friends...friends that I never would have met as a dragon."
"Val...that's so nice," says Zugar, "but what do we do now?"
"We must continue to explore this world, to experience new things, and to meet new people. I want to put my life as a dragon behind me, and fully experience what this world has to offer in my new existence. Now then, who wants to join me on this journey?" One by one, everyone raises their hands.
"Thank you..." sighs Val, "We leave in the morning, wherever we're going..."
With that, the party sleeps in Val's house for the night...

DM-
That night, you have another nightmare. Something about a dagger. Men are chanting a mantra. Fire. A tree on a hill. Lightning.
You wake up in a cold sweat.
It is now dawn, and there is no point to go back to sleep, although, you team is all fast asleep.

V-
I sneak outside, careful not to wake my weary allies.

DM-
You are met with a crossbow arrow in the left shoulder, and a dagger pressed against your throat. Someone grabs you from behind and wraps their arms around your arms and waist to immobilize you. There are 6 assassin's in the area, including the ones holding a dagger to you and the guy behind you. One of them you notice on the roof of the building across the street. She is loading her crossbow again.

Posts

Pages: 1
Holy crap you have a lot of items Zeuzio!
My quest has been going great so far. How 'bout you guys?
I'm on a camel at the moment exploring grasslands before heading off to a temple to possibly find my long lost demon father. Stupid Marvalo left me alone though.



Edit: I love how the guard's balls EXPLODED!
Pages: 1