HORRIBLE GAME ENDINGS

Pages: first 123456 next last
Does it annoy you when you play a game that is so fantastic up until the end when it unveils it's shit ending? Lately i have been playing a few games that have just been fantastic from gameplay, storyline etc and the endings were just ruined.

Anyway, post any games that you find have terrible endings. Please use a spoiler tag when posting endings so others won't be spoiled. I am just posting one for now.

Final Fantasy XII- This is seriously one of my favourite games. Everything about it appealed to me from the gameplay, storyline, characters, music etc. The ending was pretty poor and as most games i play now a days seemed to have been very rushed to finish it off. The ending almost seemed to be giving off one message. "Buy Revenant Wings".
kentona
I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.
Knights of the Old Republic II

A pretty sweet story and solid game with great characters (and NPCs! WIP...<_< >_>) was more or less dragged down the quality ladder by having one of the most disappointing and unsatisfying endings ever.

The last area is straightforward and easy - same type of monster over and over again in the overworld, same type of Dark Jedi in the temple.

The last couple of battles are okay, but the conclusion - which should have closed
TONS of loose threads - are completely missing in Kreia's Wall-O-Text ending.

AND only like 4 of the 10 major characters are even mentioned - the rest are just ignored! Are they dead? Are they alive? How the fuck did the ship work after the crash? Who's still on it? Half the last mission you spend as Bao Dur's stupid fucking little floating robot? What the fuck?

What a gyp!

Worst. Ending. Ever.
author=kentona link=topic=1002.msg13763#msg13763 date=1209650018

Worst. Ending. Ever.

Well they ran out of time and money and pretty much had to ship the game as-is. It's really sad and some old staff members are making a fan mod in their spare time to conclude the game.
Breath of Fire II, the "regular ending." It gave absolutely no sense of accomplishment and left me a filthy taste in my mouth. The whole notion of everything going back to the way it was, exactly how it was, gives me the impression that I have been playing for no reason. Now, the "special ending" is different; it's well written, but I shouldn't have to do additional odds and ends in order to get a well written conclusion.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
The best ending for Breath of Fire II is when you decide to keep the cave sealed shut.

WHOOPS THE WORLD GETS OWNED LATER HAR HAR

I thought Xenosaga 3 had a pretty stupid ending.

Lufia 1 had a disappointing ending.
Lufia winds up losing all her memories and the hero winds up having to start all over again with his relationship with her.Meh :-\

Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

No information needed.
kentona
I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.
Brawl has an ending?
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
7th Saga.

It's easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than to beat this game.

Ending is a quick little cutscene and then the credits... BOO
author=kentona link=topic=1002.msg13853#msg13853 date=1209673885
Brawl has an ending?

Subspace Em.
kentona
You kill Marx Subspace Evilguy and then everybody's happy! What's wrong with that?

It's not like SSE even really had a story.
Red Alert 1: Soviet Ending. That was do dissapointing. The Stalin Victory Dance is worth something, but they run off and ruin it :(

(Real ending here, it starts at 2:22)
WIP, I would agree w/ u but I never beat BOF2. I beat the first one though, and the ending was like... Okay... that was fun... but no true story really unfolds and it's like blah.

Really no spoilers there, are there?
author=kentona link=topic=1002.msg13763#msg13763 date=1209650018

Quoted for truth. Although the game never was as good as it's predecessor, it could have been pretty nice, but they completely messed up the ending.

I also was a little bit disappointed about FEAR's ending. It's pretty nice, but somehow, I wish there would have been some kind of boss fight. The ending is in no means horrible, but it just...lacks something.

Another game with a rather bad ending is Monkey Island 2, I think. It's a very great game, but the ending is just stupid, imo.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Heavenly Sword.
the game ended after this long bloody struggle against King Bohan's army and the Raven King himself... and that's it. Basically said "You won and you're died winning, the end. Thanks.
:'( The Primagen boss of Turok 2 was a real let down :P
Purifying the river of souls by activating all the power generators o
nboard his space vessel didn't really help.
author=harmonic link=topic=1002.msg13855#msg13855 date=1209674769
7th Saga.

It's easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than to beat this game.

Ending is a quick little cutscene and then the credits... BOO

I felt a bit ripped off, but thinking back to it, I quite liked it.
The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time.
All that work, with such an incredible game,
for such a weak ending..
She sends him back so he can get his childhood? WTH he pretty much isn't gonna forget any of that, hes an 18year old in a 8 year olds body now... All the shit he went throu, he can't possibly live a normal child hood, *cough and it lead to the sucky Majora's mask failure Cough*
Popolocrois. The game has a lot of style and well thought out gameplay, but near the end it really bugged me.

Just before playing it I played Legend of Heros: A tear of vermillion, and at the ending of that game the secondary character is brought back to life by the main character. There was a lot of subtle hints given during the progress of the game that indicated such a thing could be possible and it made that act believable within the game world. It was still pushing it a bit much for me, but still, it had some creditability.

In Popolocrois however, the main character's mother dies near the end so he just cries a lot and out of nowhere he can bring her back. I mean, what the hell?

Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I've never accomplished such a feat, but the original ghosts 'n goblins for the NES had a RRAAAAGGE ending.

Basically, the first time you get a "haha, you were tricked into thinking what you were doing was real!"

next time you get a congratulations screen with poor translation. AFTER ONE OF THE HARDEST GAMES EVER MADE BY FREAKING MAN
Pages: first 123456 next last