BEWARE OF PANDO MEDIA BOOSTER!! - OH YEAH, AND STAR TREK ONLINE IS NOW FREE-TO-PLAY

Pages: 1
http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p

Welcome to the Star Trek Online free-to-play information center! Here you will find all you need to know about the options available to subscribers and non-subscribing players. Please use the tabs above to check out our detailed features matrix for a breakdown of what subscribing Gold Members and free Silver Players receive. There's also a FAQ and a Q&A board.

Here's an overview of Star Trek Online's free-to-play features and how you can engage in a number of different ways:

The Universe is Your Only Limit – Play as much as you like for as long as you like at no cost. No subscription is necessary, nor is payment of any kind required.

Episodic Gameplay – Experience new weekly episodes that feature story-based gameplay and put your captain's ability to command to the ultimate test.

Your Captain, Your Crew, Your Destiny – Become a captain, seek out new life and new civilizations and encounter hostile beings as you advance to maximum level for free.

Familiar Places, New Experiences – Travel to Starfleet Academy, Deep Space Nine, The First City of Qo'noS and many other iconic locations and notable worlds from the beloved Star Trek universe.

------------------------------------------------

Argh, I wanna play this so bad! I'm gonna download it but I doubt my PC is good enough to play it.
http://foxsys.blogspot.com/2011/10/what-is-pando-media-booster-pandoexe.html

Also, uninstall Pando Media Booster after the install, unless you have great bandwidth.

Also also, PMB is installed silently with a League of Legends install (and many other free-to-play MMOs), so if you guys are experiencing latency or have limited internet, check out your running processes for pmb.exe!
I was wondering where that thing came from.

Also, I can't play this :( The graphics look pretty high end. Too bad.
Now put that media booster in the context of paying per GB you go over your limit~!
...Oh WOW. I installed League of Legends, maybe, a year ago? Never played it?

Hahaha. Ahahahaha. Fuck me crossways with seven sharp implements. If that thing has been screwing with me for a year... Well it's uninstalled now, if my internet usage goes down a crapton I suppose I should be happy. Still.... >.<

THAAANK YOU good people for informing me about that.
Fixed the topic title xD Spread the word.
yeah dude i freaked out when i alt tab'd to task manager and saw PMB.exe exactly as kentona said. though oddly enough i was torrenting and streaming fine regardless. really sneaky that they do this shit though.
Well, to Star Trek Online's credit, they were very up front about it and highlighted that they use PMB to install the game. In fact, that's how I found out about it in the first place.
pff who would even play star trek online, losers. I probably got it from LoL... which is for a league of losers... ):
On an unrelated note, our posts were exactly 12 hours apart. /nerd
I definitely want to try this out since I am a big Trek fan, but The Old Republic is awesome and unbeatable in my mind right now, and I don't want another MMO eating up time that I could spend playing it instead!

Maybe later next month or in March I may check this out since I've been interested for a good while now. I'm just a "one MMO at a time" kind of guy, so it has to wait for now until The Old Republic loses some of its fun.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
For the (Old) Republic!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Just downloaded Star Trek online, my username is slaymanexe. Apparently my Dudesoft account was banned, no idea how or why, or when I made an account!
It was linked to my primary email, so... Weird.

Anyway, I'll be on later tonight and come bAck with thoughts on initial gameplay.
Cool. I'll be interested to hear how it plays.

I just finished watching all of TNG just a few months ago, so my interest in Star Trek is pretty high :/ There's a small chance I can play it on my sister's new laptop, but she was iffy about that.
Dudesoft
Maybe if you stop using Squidward avatars she wouldn't think you're shady! Use cool dogs like me! :D
She will have to allow me to play now. To do otherwise would be...illogical.
Dudesoft
bwahaha. Welcome to the dog club.
*sunglasses.*
author=kentona
http://foxsys.blogspot.com/2011/10/what-is-pando-media-booster-pandoexe.htmlAlso, uninstall Pando Media Booster after the install, unless you have great bandwidth.

Also also, PMB is installed silently with a League of Legends install (and many other free-to-play MMOs), so if you guys are experiencing latency or have limited internet, check out your running processes for pmb.exe!

I just wanted to bring to your attention that you can actually control the amount of bandwidth that Pando Media Booster uses when it is installed (as well as turn it off/on, set cache options, and change a number of other things). You can find more information about PMB here: http://www.pandonetworks.com/what-is-pando-media-booster And more on controlling options here: http://www.pandonetworks.com/Pando-Media-Booster-Games-FAQ

If anyone has concerns about or issues with PMB please don't hesitate to contact us at downloader@pando.com and we will be happy to assist you. We are listening to what the community has to say.
HAHA Pando really has it's ear to the ground
Pages: 1