RESIDENT EVIL 6

Pages: first 12 next last
No sure if you all are fans or not but the English trailer for Resident Evil 6 is out. Im a big RE fan so I figured Id post it.

benos
My mind is full of fuck.
I know Ada will be back.

I hope they bring back the surival horror aspect. Even though the action looked pretty sweet and will make me buy the game anyways, RE4 and 5 have been incredibly not scary in any way shape or form.

Also for the record, I'm playing RE5 on the PC now and the controls are so beyond shitty. No wonder it was $6 brand new. Finally tweaked them enough to make the game actually playable though.
I agree in terms of the survival horror, I dont think they will bring that aspect back to the level we saw in the original. It looks more like an action movie.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Who the hell is the third guy in the trailer, and why does he have powers? Why is there so much action in this Survival Horror game. Even with that little horror aspect showing at the beginning, I seem to recall Resident Evil 5s first few trailers showing the same thing.

Don't get me wrong I will still probably buy this game in the end. Oh and it seems that they learned something from the Dead Space series.
DE
*click to edit*
And who says this is a survival horror? And why should it be?

I for one welcomed the change to the franchise brought by RE 4 and 5. Clocking at 5 installments (1-3, Zero, Veronica), the old style was already tired and exploited by the third game, with Veronica and Zero frankly being terrible games that brought nothing new to the table. 4 was something fresh and that it was no longer a horror game but something between a horror and a shooter did not bother me at all. I had great fun with that game as I did with RE 5. RE 6 is practically the only game I'm looking forward to play currently.

There are enough titles that cater to fans of the original RE that I'm not sad to see them not returning to the old style and instead going for a more cinematic experience. It looks like there will be 4 separate scenarios and I must say that's a great idea!
Who cares about survival horror? RE4 was the best one and the co-op in RE5 was a blast. They just need to let me move and shoot at the same time now, like Dead Space.
Wow. Hard to believe that we're up to six games in the franchise, now.

I still remember playing the second one on the original PSX all those years ago. *sigh*

Hope this one is just as good. :D
I've always liked the Resident Evil franchise; it has this wonderful kind of B movie charm, and the stories and locations have always been rather creative. I look forward to finding out more about this game.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
I never really completed any resident evil games. RE4 was hard, because I had limited ammo, etc. RE 5 was good, but I uninstalled it. Can't remember why.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Chris Redfield and the BSAA are in a war-torn China. Chris is seen arguing with a teammember about an unidentified woman responsible for the deaths of many BSAA agents. It is also known that there are bioterrorist attacks taking place at random all over the world.

Yeah, that has to be Ada.
I liked the survival horror RE better than the action game RE. It's not an unpopular opinion either, but hey Capcom can do whatever they want I guess. Also the logo looks like a giraffe getting a blowjob from some broad.

Have a good day.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
^ And because someone has already made a rule 34 out of it already. :p
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Feldschlacht IV
I liked the survival horror RE better than the action game RE.
at this point i wonder why people still complain about the lack of survival horror, should have complained about it 2 games ago bros
Who says they haven't? I'm not complaining though, I'm just stating a preference.
whatever you wanna call it, it just seems outdated to say it now.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
This game looks amazing, full stop. I am so glad we're out of the fucking third world. A return to slow zombies would also be awesome. But the story...holy shit...is it finally going somewhere?

I hope they bring back the surival horror aspect. Even though the action looked pretty sweet and will make me buy the game anyways, RE4 and 5 have been incredibly not scary in any way shape or form.

Hey, compared to say Silent Hill, Resident Evil has NEVER been scary. But I know what you mean.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
So is this the new DevilMayCry they were making?
At the end of the day its still a survival horror, Its just got on a suit like a Lexus is to a Toyota. I like the action elements, its set in a massive city so Im sure well some some traditional SH elements especially in dark building alleyways.
Pages: first 12 next last