WHAT DO YOU DO? (AS IN, WITH YOUR LIFE)

How could internet statistics possibly know my financial situation? Is that supposed to be a joke? Maybe it's a template statement about amateur gaming sites. Does anyone know many 60+ year old gamers, let alone game makers?

"Browse from home"? as opposed to...browsing from the bus or at work?

Has the site really been online for that long?

Wait, what topic is this again?
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Topic DERAILED!
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
This week is Career Week at my school. Apparently my top 6 jobs
are:(in order)
1. Sales Manager - Considering how boring that could be, I am sure that is horrible. I think they missed the part about how I have no persuasive abilities and am not organized.
2. Lawyer - Politics and the law don't interest me, though that is probably a typical child perspective. I can't imagine having to argue for a living.
3. Computer\IT Analyst - Umm, Outsourcing anyone?
4. Financial Managers - Why are all of my jobs in this area of business?
5. Financial Advisor - Telling people how to spend their money, huh? :\
6. Physician/Surgeon - Yay! Something I can actually care about!
author=Adon237
This week is Career Week at my school. Apparently my top 6 jobs
are:(in order)
1. Sales Manager - Considering how boring that could be, I am sure that is horrible. I think they missed the part about how I have no persuasive abilities and am not organized.
2. Lawyer - Politics and the law don't interest me, though that is probably a typical child perspective. I can't imagine having to argue for a living.
3. Computer\IT Analyst - Umm, Outsourcing anyone?
4. Financial Managers - Why are all of my jobs in this area of business?
5. Financial Advisor - Telling people how to spend their money, huh? :\
6. Physician/Surgeon - Yay! Something I can actually care about!

These are all (well, maybe most of them actually) jobs where tiny mistakes can lead to horrible consequences. Are you a perfectionist?
I am a Computer\IT Analyst!
author=Craze
tpasmall
I work at an auto-repair shop (glamorous!) But I mostly have done construction work since I was 16.
Hey, grease monkeys can be hot.

In theory, but when you come home every day smelling like burnt oil, I think it loses that charm haha.
Adon237
well apparently my test got swapped with someone else's.
So, my top 6 are:
Computer Software Engineer- that would be pretty cool, since I am learning to script, having a background knowledge of something helps.
Physician/Surgeon - no. nope. never.
Psychologist - That career is a possible choice for me. I thought calunio or someone was a psychologist.
Physician Assistant no
Registered Nurse hahaha
Instructional Coordinator That is the closest thing I have to being a teacher, but still nope.

Based on salary a Psychologist makes a mean $55,000 a year, which in my opinion isn't my goal, and a Computer Software Engineer's job growth is expected to grow a ton within the next couple of years, and they make anywhere from 80,000 to 100,000 dollars a year.
few people get into software development, per se. Many end up in a more of a systems integration or configuration role - that is, getting these behemoth pieces of software to work, and to work with other behemoth systems.

That's what I do. And there is a huge and growing demand for it.
Registered Nurse is actually probably the most stable/in demand field of all those. And while you think it might be funny, it's actually a pretty noble job to take and it pays decent enough. It's just the hours that suck.
author=tpasmall
Registered Nurse is actually probably the most stable/in demand field of all those. And while you think it might be funny, it's actually a pretty noble job to take and it pays decent enough. It's just the hours that suck.
The highest paid RNs in Saskatchewan made about $234,000 last year (that is not a typo)
I used to... knock doors like a Jehovah's Witness except I was preacing the wonders of subscribing to book stores and buy books... and that's pretty much the only legal job I ever had.
author=heisenman
I used to... knock doors like a Jehovah's Witness except I was preacing the wonders of subscribing to book stores and buy books... and that's pretty much the only legal job I ever had.

Haha, I actually am a Jehovah's Witness. How often did people think you were one when they answered their door?
They never had the chance to ask.
I was the one speaking and making questions and I totally had to overwelm them with preachiness about how better they would feel subscribing to my book store and buying books in my book store and about all the money they would have saved with my book store discounts so they could in turn buy more books (in my book store of course).

I also had to convince people buy Dan Brown books.
Adon237
Hmm, well in my senior year at high school, I will probably decide to become a nurse (ha) and move to Sask.
On a more serious note, it seems that everyone thinks you have to be 'amazing and uber talented prodigy superstar' to be a Computer Software Engineer, while you can't be an average joe or total moron, you have a 'chance'.
I don't know, considering I had only 6 job options compared to most everyone else's like 20-25, I wonder what I can actually do.
If people came to my door trying to sell to me books, I would get annoyed.(if i wanted one, I would go to a local library or Barnes and Noble.)
EDIT:
Wait, so when people knock on my door asking me to go to church next sunday, or bring a bible, that means they are Jehovah's Witnesses?
author=heisenman
I also had to convince people buy Dan Brown books.

That makes talking about the bible to people sound like a breeze, haha.
author=tpasmall
That makes talking about the bible to people sound like a breeze, haha.

iknowrite

If people came to my door trying to sell to me books, I would get annoyed.

Indeed.
That's why I quit actually, I could totally relate to the people I was trying to sell stuff not wanting to be bothered.
At the end of the day I was like... man I spent hours annoying the hell out of everyone D:
author=Adon237
Wait, so when people knock on my door asking me to go to church next sunday, or bring a bible, that means they are Jehovah's Witnesses?

Not necessarily, but there's a good chance, ha. While Jehovah's Witnesses aren't the only religion to go door to door talking about the Bible, it's a big part of what we believe.
I really couldn't imagine the types of jobs you guys have, so this thread was an interesting read. :D

As for me, I'm somewhat of a housewife to my mother... ._.
I'll be working for the government soon(I hope!). That'll be sweeeeet.
Milos
Lone Wolf, or something cool.
I'm an astronaut xD
Just joking, I'm slavin' in high-school, and hope to get in the military academy or something computer-related faculty :)