WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I thought I'd share one from George Takei. No, he's not the only one that sees it...

Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
holy heck this thread is like 8 years old and i'm the 4th post in it
Seiromem
"Yes, I did post in this thread 2.5 years ago!"

"Holy heck I posted in this thread 8 years ago..."
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=pianotm
Corfaisus
author=pianotm
Corfaisus
All I'm saying is that without the need to run this kind of material past a woman and get her honest take on it, you'll get however much smut they think they can get away with.
This is the statement of a man who is a pig, knows he's a pig, and is happy being a pig.

I write female protagonists, and begging your pardon, but I don't write smut. Write however much smut pleases you, but don't paint me with any brushes from the bucket you're swimming in.
Unless you're guilty as sin, there's no reason why you should get defensive over the truth.

Just tell the truth: you're sexist pig that's too insecure to admit that other men may not be sexist pigs. Doesn't it feel better to have that out in the open? Never mind that you totally gloss over the fact that women can be just as sexist and shallow and intellectually repugnant and twisted as any man. Having been the fat kid in school, I can guarantee that. What's sad is that you can't seem to cotton onto the notion that the views you've expressed in this particular conversation are intellectually repugnant and twisted. The way you carry on, you seem to be apologizing for male dominance while supporting it.

Tell me in honest terms how to make this better. I'm sexist towards men who just want a pair of tits to oogle at and suddenly I'm all about male dominance and keeping women in a subservient state? What?

So I'm not "proud" about being a man and I'm more than willing to point out mine and other people's flaws that I've come to understand out of listening to women, so what? There are plenty of unrepentant perverts in this world (myself included), but how does calling out someone else's indiscretions equate reverse sexism?

Real, factual women who actually exist and have their own brain and body to do with whatever they wish have never once been the target of my "reverse sexism", or whatever you're in a huff about. The content created by men with half-to-all of its purpose being blatant fantasy fulfillment, released into the public eye without even so much as a concern about how any of the women in their lives might feel (would you honestly show the entirety of the Fear Effect 2 cutscenes video to your mother?), is what I've got a problem with. Lord knows I haven't created my fair share of smut (I'm not trying to be apologetic towards anyone's shit), but I don't see how that dismisses everything I've said.

Nobody is perfect - this is obvious to the point of redundancy - so I don't see why I need to drag women through the mud for something a man has done just so that we're on level ground. "OJ Simpson killed his girlfriend, but hey, Bonnie robbed a bank so women are no better". Do we really need to balance every instance out by incurring another?

author=pianotm
Having been the fat kid in school, I can guarantee that.

What the fuck does this have to do with anything? If we want to draw a line back far enough, one could easily say that, as of this moment, you're speaking out of a place of hurt and resentment towards an unspecific demographic of women who have wronged you and deserve to be called out. Doesn't that sound a bit sexist in itself?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
What are you guys even talking about any more

You were all doing a circle jerk on the same side of this argument like less than a page ago. Did you just accidentally forget that you agreed with each-other and started fighting because that's what you're used to doing on the internet?

Shut up and finish playtesting Last King of Hyrule
Seiromem
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I'm thinking we should all do this

PlutoTime
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
@Corf, frankly, you're reading a lot of shit I didn't write. I don't know if you're hallucinating, or deliberately trying to escalate an argument, but either way, I don't want any part of this insanity, so I'm bowing out.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats

Once again, Pluto everyone.

Seems fitting in a cosmic sort of way.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Get banned from RMN twice, the second being forever for sock account reviews, and still get your crappy RM game on steam. WTF...?
nhubi
Zeigfried, care to elaborate, as unfortunately that scenario has happened more than once. The double ban I mean.
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=nhubi
Zeigfried, care to elaborate, as unfortunately that scenario has happened more than once. The double ban I mean.

Kisareth studios if you need some context. Basically, they've been trouble even as far back as 2010. I wont go too much into that story, other than sock accounts and and a person who was part of the dev team made a separate account under his usual username and wrote a 5 star review that fortunately didn't get through.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Wait did he get ANOTHER game on steam or are you just talking about the one from six months ago that someone necroposted in the thread about
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=LockeZ
Wait did he get ANOTHER game on steam or are you just talking about the one from six months ago that someone necroposted in the thread about

Chronicles of a Dark lord Episodes 1 AND 2 are on steam; greenlit at that. They're even on sale at the moment if you're morbidly curious.
nhubi
author=Zeigfried_McBacon
Kisareth studios if you need some context. Basically, they've been trouble even as far back as 2010. I wont go too much into that story, other than sock accounts and and a person who was part of the dev team made a separate account under his usual username and wrote a 5 star review that fortunately didn't get through.

Oh, them, yes I was around for that debacle. I've been here since 2007 xD. He got another one?

e: Right both episodes, seriously how does that happen?
Zeigfried_McBacon
author=nhubi
author=Zeigfried_McBacon
Oh, them, yes I was around for that debacle. I've been here since 2007 xD. He got another one?

e: Right both episodes, seriously how does that happen?

Steam takes pity, sock accounts, a misled fan base? *shrugs*
Its one thing that people make a not so great game, RPGMaker or not and put it on steam, that I really don't give a crap about. It's when you have disreputable people not suffering any serious setbacks in spite of doing some very questionable things on both an ethical and psychological level that makes me go "ugh".
I want to play some fun, light-hearted games for a change. *sigh*

Also, steam quality control is non-existant. That should have become apparant quite some time ago.
Now, now. Steam quality control is this - people write reviews of the games and all you need to do to do so is own the game in question. When you go to buy the game there's a symbol that tells you how well-received it was. It's a lot like RMN quality control, except we weed the worst out. Bad ones still make it through on occasion, but the actual hierarchy of good game vs bad game is done by the populace.

Also, you can now get refunds on games, so if anyone plays it and finds it shit, they can refund it.
I meant in more in the sense of - they get allowed to be there. I find it quite a waste of resources and space, flooding the gates.
Nevertheless, as far as buying is concerned, this does not make any impace, you are right Libby.

And yeah, refunds = awesome.

Now just to find some happy games .. please .. why are so many humour-driven games so relentlessy depressing.