WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
I've played I and it kind of sucks. But, like Snow White, it has it's charm.

II is like watching The Rescuers when you've seen Rescuers Down Under.

IV is like watching Cinderella. Its a cute story, but when looked upon with even the slightest scrutiny it starts to feel a little stale.

VI is like The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Great characters, great story, villain that's pretty single-minded and bat-shit crazy, and a soundtrack that's out of this world.

I've not played the others. Which movies are the other ones?
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
FFIV would have a great story if half of it weren't the plot of Star Wars.

Luke Cecil, Biggs and Wedge of the Red Arwings.
Luke Cecil overcoming his own anger to become a true jedi paladin.
No Luke Cecil, I am your father brother.
Palpatine Zemus mind controls Vader Golbez into becoming his underling and creating awakening the weapon of mass destruction Death Star Giant of Babil.
At the last moment, inspired by Luke Cecil, Vader Golbez turns against his master.

And there's more, but the connection should be clear.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Well, Final Fantasy VII is, in a lot of ways, a rehash of FFVI, but on a much larger scope. There is a lot of Star Wars in it too, what with you basically leading a rebellion, but with the distinct environmental message, I'd have to essentially compare it to Avatar.

As for FFVIII, it's actually pretty easy to compare it to a Bond movie since you're basically a spy trying to overthrow a corrupt government.
FF7 is basically just FF6 but inspired by Akira, in a way.

It has the same "console gap clone" thing as Link to the Past/Ocarina of Time.
-.-

It's because Star Wars takes off the Hero's Journey. It's basically the over-arching tale of most fantasy stories and Star Wars was written, almost to the letter, straight to this format.

There's some great books on the subject and it can help with realising patterns in literature and stories, especially fantasy ones. So it is less that they're inspired by/similar to Star Wars and more that they draw influence from the same source.

http://www.dabhub.com/datas/media/The%20Hero%20with%20a%20Thousand%20Faces.pdf

Enjoy and learn~
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Well sure, Cecil's and Luke's story arcs are both the hero's journey, but there's also the fact that the red wing soldiers are called Biggs and Wedge. (This is a reference, and not a story element, I'm aware. It does show that FFIV took some inspiration from Star Wars, though.) Then there's the fact that the main villain is a family member of the hero, (something the hero did not know at first), that he looks strikingly like Vader, (again a reference rather than a story element), and that he was actually a good person being manipulated by the big bad all along, etc.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Solitayre
However FF9 with a fast forward button might be serious competition.

I don't know what you mean by this comment.

author=Jeroen_Sol
FFIV would have a great story if half of it weren't the plot of Star Wars.

You forgot to mention how 100% of FFVI's story is just Star Wars, only with Darth Vader not having a son to kill for.

Think I'm shitting you? Let's get into it.

The game starts off with the Empire in full swing, terrorizing the world with its impenetrable battle station. The only thing they really seem concerned about is the location of the hidden rebel base, so they hunt down Terra because she's got friends in high places. The heroes wind up in a desert stronghold to get their bearings straight when suddenly the Empire comes knocking at their door. "I know, let's escape on our vehicle!" shouts the charismatic, womanizing, rough-around-the-edges leader and they lose the Empire on their incredible bird-vehicle.

Once they succeed in escaping, they meet up with the rebel alliance and they formulate their plot to overthrow the Empire and return peace to the world. The heroes bang their heads together and find their MacGuffin for facing off against their much larger opponent in the form of a long-forgotten magic force that they can harness and become 'gods amongst mortal men' with. The only other person in the world outside of the heroes who seems to give two shits about this kind of magic is the emperor's right-hand man who's been infused with this magic and who's become an unstoppable killing machine at the cost of his humanity. Even he knows that all of the Empire's power is nothing compared to the power of this force, which he will eventually use to make himself a literal god.

They evade the Empire and have small victories against them until the game starts to reach a logical conclusion, where the emperor is killed via being thrown down a big hole by his right-hand man who finally gets what he's always wanted, freedom from his oppressors.

A planet gets blown all to shit by a giant laser. There's a fight. The End.

10/10
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You're slightly confused Jeroen, Biggs and Wedge's first appearance was in FF6.

FF12's plot is almost entirely the exact plot of Star Wars, though, so comparing earlier games in the series to Star Wars feels like a waste. Our hero Basch joins the rebellion after meeting a pair of idiots, Vaan2D2 and CPNLO, who happened upon the plans to the Imperial Magitek Star. Together they hitch a ride with a pair of smugglers, Fran Solo and Chewbalthier, on their airship, and use it to rescue the princess from the Dreadnought Leviathan. They discover that the high-ranking helmet-wearing Imperial Judge Gabranth is Basch's long-lost family member. Darth Vayne, with access to a mystic power, dissolves the Royal Senate and becomes the sole ruler of the Empire, with Gabranth at his side. Et cetera.

BUT DOES HE KISS HIS SISTER?!

and where do the ewoks come in?
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Liberty
BUT DOES HE KISS HIS SISTER?!

and where do the ewoks come in?

No sister kissing, but if you stayed for the end credits, you discover that Balthier and Fran end up having bunnies, which I suppose could substitute for Ewoks.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
They actually added a Basch/Gabranth make-out scene in the international zodiac job edition
Jeroen_Sol
author=LockeZ
You're slightly confused Jeroen, Biggs and Wedge's first appearance was in FF6.

Ah, you're right. It appears the Biggs and Wedge from FFIV were only given names in the after years, and were actually nameless in the original game. My bad.
So the BBC have done a review of 2015 in Australia using shark cartoons:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-35203722
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Played Undertale for a third time I got the True Pacifist Ending. This is officially one of my favorite games of all time.

author=Sated
So the BBC have done a review of 2015 in Australia using shark cartoons:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-35203722

I'm not sure if that's stylistic suck, but the drawings make me cringe.
I'm pretty sure it's stylistic suck, much like Undertale.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

EDIT:

I was mostly amused by the text, that it's narrated by sharks is just kinda cute.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Sated
I'm pretty sure it's stylistic suck, much like Undertale.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

You clever devil, you!
I don't want to think about Australian politics OR our market. Thanks ever so for reminding me. orz
author=Liberty
I don't want to think about Australian politics OR our market. Thanks ever so for reminding me. orz

Did the sharks not help? Because y'know sharks are cool.
They're cool but they're also an apt reminder of how deep in it we are.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Beh. I don't know why I post on imgur, lol.
I post my bun-bo christmas comic so I can redirect it here and facebook. On imgur it gets downvotes. Poo! Poo, I say. That took weeks of downtime, to cultivate 'meh, not bewbs' rejection in User Sub.
I'm mostly bitching. I clearly don't know how or where to post things.