WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

I hope you pointed out that he sounds a lot like Hitler in his speeches and that the reason Hitler came to power was because a lot of people didn't take him seriously to start with but soon began agreeing with small things he was saying before it snowballed into concentration camps.

Because yeah, there's similarities here. >.<;
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
It never even got into a conversation about Trump, or any subject for that matter, really. I just rebutted his insults for a while. He was shouting "Shut the fuck up communist" and the like, then called someone out on an ad hominem, and I pointed out his hypocrisy. He then first called me a communist, to which I simply replied I had not made a statement on the matter. Then he told me to pick up a bible, after which I asked him what was giving him the impression I wasn't a Christian. He then (wrongly) took that to mean I was in fact a Christian, became docile, told me that Christians support Trump, and asked me to help make America great again. (Of course I don't live there but the assumption that I do is fair, I guess.) I told him there were millions of counterexamples to his 'Christians support Trump' assessment, and then he stopped replying.

All the while I was laughing my butt off wanting to read more of his glorious prejudiced insults.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Anyone here smokes in pipes?
It doesn't matter what, i just have a question about pipe usage. :x
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Jeroen_Sol
I fear I may be a sadist for getting enjoyment out of messing with people with the mental capacity of a three-year old. Does anyone know a shrink who can help me with my problems?
If you are a sadist, game design is a good hobby! You can spend your free time making people who are trying to have fun encounter frustration and fail repeatedly!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Jeroen_Sol
... and asked me to help make America great again.
I don't understand thay sentiment.
As a Canadian, I can honestly say that America is a great nation. Greater now than it ever has been.
Unless they mean to say, 'help make America all-white power, where women stay in the kitchen and children know their place.'
Is that what they mean to say?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=pianotm
https://www.yahoo.com/music/legendary-artist-david-bowie-dies-69-064252101.htmlNo! David Bowie died!

What?!

Man, now I can't watch Zoolander anymore.

author=Liberty
I hope you pointed out that he sounds a lot like Hitler in his speeches and that the reason Hitler came to power was because a lot of people didn't take him seriously to start with but soon began agreeing with small things he was saying before it snowballed into concentration camps.

Because yeah, there's similarities here. >.<;

He's going to make America great again by disposing of those pesky Arabs that are polluting the integrity of our nation... Oh wait.

When Godwin's law becomes an everyday thing, civilization has failed.

Then again, it's been the same since before Hitler was born. To quote a source on the founding of the Ku Klux Klan:

So there is some historic link between Democrats and the KKK. But Martinez said it is misleading to say that the hate group was started by the Democratic Party because it was more of a grassroots creation.

There’s another point to consider.

"To say that the Ku Klux Klan was started by the Democratic Party -- it’s not the Democratic party of today," Martinez said. "(From the) 1930s until today, you think of the Democratic Party being considered the party of the disenfranchised."

Other historians had similar takes.

Carole Emberton, an associate professor of history at the University at Buffalo, wrote in an email that various "Klans" that sprung up around the South acted as a "strong arm" for many local Democratic politicians during Reconstruction. Confederate General Nathan Bedford Forrest -- believed to be the KKK’s first Grand Dragon -- even spoke at the 1868 Democratic National Convention, said Emberton, author of "Beyond Redemption: Race, Violence and the American South after the Civil War."

But Emberton added a major caveat:

"The party lines of the 1860s/1870s are not the party lines of today," she wrote to us. "Although the names stayed the same, the platforms of the two parties reversed each other in the mid-20th century, due in large part to white ‘Dixiecrats’ flight out of the Democratic Party and into the Republican Party after the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. By then, the Democratic Party had become the party of ‘reform,’ supporting a variety of ‘liberal’ causes, including civil rights, women’s rights, etc. whereas this had been the banner of the Republican Party in the nineteenth century."

author=Dudesoft
author=Jeroen_Sol
... and asked me to help make America great again.
I don't understand thay sentiment.
As a Canadian, I can honestly say that America is a great nation. Greater now than it ever has been.
Unless they mean to say, 'help make America all-white power, where women stay in the kitchen and children know their place.'
Is that what they mean to say?

Exactly. The role of the Republican party is to keep things as they used to be because 'change is scawwy', which kind of sounds like that one thing that I honestly can't remember if it accomplished anything positive during its net-wide rampage; whose modern supporters are even admitting "wow, this was all pretty fucking stupid", because no one ever watched Mewtwo Strikes Back past the point where Team Rocket is walking through the cloning room.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Seriously? I'm offsite for six weeks and I come back to Trump=Holocaust? WTH?

I'm going to need a holiday from my holiday at this rate.

Also I have 1314 notices to go through...most of them due to RedNova! I'll see you guys in another week...Red, stop posting stuff, it's doing my head in.

..btw did you miss me?

Welcome back nhubi :)
That's what happens when you aren't around. Hah : D

I've been avoiding this thread recently due to .. well .. yeah. Nothing really fun being posted here. But I chimed in to see what you wrote, so there ;)

Also .. I watched Mewtwo Strikes Back (I have the book floating around somewhere) as a kid and really loved it. I've always been a Mewtwo fan, too
I, for one, miss you, nhubi. I really do :(
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=nhubi
Seriously? I'm offsite for six weeks and I come back to Trump=Holocaust? WTH?

Yeah, that was not exactly what I hoped would happen when I posted that thing about the Trump supporter. My apologies for this situation.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
NHUBI!! Welcome back! We missed you so much!

Sorry for flooding your inbox. I was humped by a zombie and died putting out a new demo, not necessarily in that order, so I had to vent.
unity
You're magical to me.
I MISSED YOU NHUBI! ;_; WELCOME BACK! :DDDDD
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
"Oh, Masters of the Demon Realm! In accordance with our pact, I offer you this man's life in exchange for the completion of my newest game! Accept my sacrifice! Blood for the Gam Mak Lords!"

I hope I didn't just give LockeZ an idea...

Just in case: This is a joke.
At first I read it as "Sacrifice a Game Mechanic" which got me curious what the body of the thread was going to be. I didn't realize my mistake until I read the op and couldn't find what mechanic was being sacrificed to the dark gods.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Yes, nhubi, we missed you! Well, at least, I and the people that have already spoken up missed you.
I'm actually not sorry it went that direction since that is what He is leading up to, but enough about that.

Nessy and I were talking about you while setting up for the podcast/brainstorming event ideas for this year and wondering where you went, nhubi! We were both like 'oh shit, haven't seen nhubi for a while!'

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.