WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=kentona
DBZ is 87% grunting.
They are all monkies, after all.

The thing I've found about anime is that it appeals to the 12-19 year old demographic because they start by watching American cartoons where stuff is played for giggles and there's no overarching story, just key character archtropes. When they start exploring what else is out there, they come across anime which actually has an overarching story and a new, attractive art style so they gravitate towards that. Eventually, they start looking for more advanced art (proper anatomy is a plus) and storytelling and move away from anime (or are peer pressured out of watching it because it's for dweebs). It's the ones who stay behind that typically prove to be the ones with something wrong with them.

Otaku are ridiculed in Japanese culture (and rightfully so), and Americans who proudly wave that banner are free to steal only "the best" parts of that culture and get away with it; body pillows with half-naked anime characters on them, ramen, ramune and other things. I can kind of understand why the general populace of Japan looks down on foreigners (specifically Americans); if someone came into your nation and bastardized your media without due respect for - or, more over, complete ignorance of - your culture and history, all the while claiming to be your biggest fan, you'd probably be pretty insulted, too. Representing the people who bombed you back to the Stone Age 70 years ago is just the icing on the cake.

It's important to be consuming higher arts as you develop, otherwise you get stuck in what would logically be a "childlike" state of mind, hence why people who are big-time anime fans will defend their series of choice to the death whenever it's challenged, because they never moved past the state of writing fanfics and playing with dolls.

The same thing applies to RPGs. You start off playing any old game and eventually you work your way up to RPGs which seem like the peak of human achievement, but if you get stuck there and never expose yourself to other genres of games, you'll just be rehashing the edgy teenager with the big hair and sword who saves the world from the man in the black cloak.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
author=kentona
author=pianotm

AND I WOULD DO ANYTHING R M! I'D MAKE A LOUSY BOSS OR A GIANT MAP!

I WOULD DO ANYTHING R M! BUT WOULD I RIP OFF GRAPHICS FROM ALL MY FRIENDS; USE THEM IN MY OWN GAME AND JUST PRETEND? OH NO.

I WOULD DO ANYTHING R M, BUT I WON'T DO THAT! NO, I WON'T DO THAT!
Does this mean we are going to need another RMN Album soon?

By the way, Jeroen_Sol, are you still considering going to the planned RMN meet in London? If so, you might want to post something in that thread.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
What the Crag The Hack?

author=Frogge
That doesn't really change the amount of episodes. It was a 24 episode season, not 2 seasons 12 episodes each.

Ok, I checked on Fairy Tails seasons and it seems to be random. I remember Kill La Kill having two different openings. I've always thought that the new opening means a new season. These usually change after twelve episodes.

Edit: Do you have any recos for an Old (Adult) fan of Cowboy Bepop? Something what has 30 episodes max and is not about touching boobs accidentally. And has neither vampires nor demons in it. If I would have time to watch anime I would spend it with Gintama. Recos can be something from eighties I like style of these oldies.

Edit w: I listen to Mozart every Weekend.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I'm not even sure there is an anime without vampires, demons or accidental boob-touching in it, much less one I'd recommend to an adult fan of Cowboy Bebop.

...Oh, wait. One-Punch Man. Yeah. Definitely that one.

Now if you want a list of anime shows that involve vampires accidentally touching the boobs of demons, and also two of the demons are new transfer students in the vampire's 9th grade classroom and both sit next to him, I can give you a list of my top 50 recommendations in that category.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
author=Corfaisus
Eventually, they start looking for more advanced art (proper anatomy is a plus) and storytelling and move on to 80s/90s Anime.

There. I fixed that for you :P

author=Cap_H
Edit: Do you have any recos for an Old (Adult) fan of Cowboy Bepop? Something what has 30 episodes max and is not about touching boobs accidentally. And has neither vampires nor demons in it. If I would have time to watch anime I would spend it with Gintama. Recos can be something from eighties I like style of these oldies.

Try out "Irresponsible Captain Tylor", from 1993, 26 Eps, do not watch the OVA (was created by different people and is awful).
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Yea, I suppose if you only watch the most cliché and commercial anime and played nothing but the most banal and uninspired RPGs, you could be fooled into believing that there's nothing there that can rival the "higher" arts. A lot of anime out there is garbage made to sell to teens, sure.

AND It's incredibly good for us to widen our views and experience new things, mediums, genres outside of our usual fallbacks! But pretending that one precludes the other - or that entire genres or styles are by their very nature "immature" - is a super simplistic view.

People have been saying the same thing about comics for years, based on vague generalizations about the medium's obvious forerunners like Superman or Spider-Man. It's difficult to imagine comics being delegated to the "immature" after reading Maus or Ayako or Persepolis, and yet a lot of artists have been forced to drop the label "comics" in favor of "graphic novels" so that they can sell to people steeped in assumptions. It's a cop-out to write off an entire style or genre because of hyper-commercialization: people do that with rock and rap, with action movies, with fantasy novels - and it's their loss.

Also, the idea that there are "higher" arts is pretentious as heck.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=slash
Yea, I suppose if you only watch the most cliché and commercial anime and played nothing but the most banal and uninspired RPGs, you could be fooled into believing that there's nothing there that can rival the "higher" arts. A lot of anime out there is garbage made to sell to teens, sure.

AND It's incredibly good for us to widen our views and experience new things, mediums, genres outside of our usual fallbacks! But pretending that one precludes the other - or that entire genres or styles are by their very nature "immature" - is a super simplistic view.

People have been saying the same thing about comics for years, based on vague generalizations about the medium's obvious forerunners like Superman or Spider-man. It's difficult to imagine comics delegated to the "immature" after reading Maus or Ayako or Persepolis, and yet a lot of artists have been forced to drop "comics" for "graphic novels" so that they can sell to people steeped in assumptions. It's a cop-out to write off an entire style or genre because of hyper-commercialization: people do that with rock and rap, with action movies, with fantasy novels - and it's their loss.

QFT

author=slash

Especially this.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I like Samurai Champloo which is mainstream I guess now (was it ever not?) but I also love nujabes.

That's kinda mature with a lot of immature things, but overall a great story outside of the silliness.

I generally stay away from animes that have 13 year old boys and girls fighting supernatural and powerful forces. Fade to Black was a nice change of pace from animes like that. Now that's a pretty adult/mature anime.
Samurai Pizza Cats is still the best anime

Watch what you like and enjoy life. “I would always rather be happy than dignified.”
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Thank you, slash. I don't even watch anime, and I'm still extremely glad you just said all that.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
As in everything, there's good stuff and bad stuff.

Nowdays thousands of Anime are pumped out every month, that leads to a lot of mediocrity, but there's also awesome gems.

It's not any different from music, film, videogames, books, etc...
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Yes slash thank you very much

Banana cat thanks you aswell

slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
banana cat is adorable :D
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Bananya is so adorable!!!
I just wanna ship Bananyako and Long-Haired Bananya! :D
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Bananya is the best anime I have seen in decades
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Kentona-sensei, you're a terrible person.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Ratty524
author=slash
Especially this.

There's a pecking order here. There's stuff that actually makes a splash outside of its intended demographic. Stuff that speaks to people regardless of language. Stuff that stands the test of time as truly great pieces of work.

Desu desu desu desu desu doesn't. To argue otherwise is ignorant as heck. Not all art is equal.

Google anime, first result is this:

"Oh my God, I'm so shocked that my hands flew onto her breasts!
Just give me a minute and I'll remove them..."

Proof? Google it. Second result is a blushing, prepubescent girl. Bonus points for the suggested tags along the top. "badass witch princess zombie yuri ninja" just to name a few. When you want anime, these are the people you'll be associating with. People do this openly. This is the most sought content, otherwise it wouldn't be spot one on the list.

This kind of shit melts your brain.

If this were my room, I'd burn myself alive before anyone found out.
Actually, they'd be shot at the door because no one would be allowed in my room.
Ever.
Especially not females; they can't know how much of a pervert I am.

Now google art:

You can't look at animu and this and say they're equal.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.

I am not a piano...
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=LockeZ
...Oh, wait. One-Punch Man. Yeah. Definitely that one.

Oh, my sis was recommending One-Punch man. i guess, I give it a shot.

@iddalai,
I know this one. Couldn't find it online some three years ago. Couldn't means that i searched like for two minutes and then ended up pursueing some higher art form like writing my own version of Faust. I don't know, I've never thought anime (i watched) was art ro that to level up in a RPG was artsy. I prefer to think about craft.

Edit: corf, that girl with a colors in her hair is no art. Its just a skill. Kawai on the other hand...